Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
barond57
Can barely lace up my sneakers

barond57 has an OK reputation so far
Default would you guys mind this trade?

Magloire + Mo Williams + a future first round pick.
For Josh Smith + and your 5th overall.

Magloire had an off year last year, but he almost averaged a double double with serverly reduced minutes. He played all 82 games showing he is over his injury. Mo Williams is a perfect pg. Great passer, good handles and very clutch. The only reason why we're trading him is because they want Bell to back up T.J. He could easily start for your team.

And of course you know why we want Josh Smith.

this was going around in the bucks espn boards, except that we didn't offer our future 1st round pick, I fealt that would be more fair.
barond57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I doubt the hawks would want to do that. Malgoire isn't too much of a game-changer
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
Baller

Baller has an OK reputation so far

I seriously doubt the Hawks would ever consider that deal. Yes they need a Center. But Jamal is too much a " Sloth "
He is too inconsistent, not Athletic and is a horrid defender, gives up way more than he ever gets. The Hawks would want a Center yes. But I feel they would want more of a defensive & Rebounding Center, someone like Samuel Dalembert. He's not offensively fluid, but he can change the game defensively. If Atl offered someone like Smith and a 2nd rounder, maybe Philly does it cause they want to go in a different direction. They have the Cap space to take in Dalembert's contract easily. Then they MIGHT want to see if a deal down to around 8-9 can happen with either Houston or Golden State, preferably GS, cause they could get # 9 pick for # 5, and secure maybe a good young player as well, and then draft the best PURE PG in this draft in Marcus Williams, who it looks like will fall to at least the 9th pick.

That's what I might try to do if I were the Hawks GM. Addresses the Center needs with D & Rebounding. Gets a player from GS, and the 9th pick. And it gives them Marcus Williams. Nice start.
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Magloire + Mo Williams + a future first round pick.
For Josh Smith + and your 5th overall

tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Our GM Larry Harris said something in an interview yesterday along the lines of "Josh Smith is the type of player we would like to have, but Atlanta would never trade him." I still feel strongly that Mo Williams for Childress is the deal that would help both teams. A Magloire for Harrington swap is possible as well, or maybe both together.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Actually I think this would be a better trade,

Josh Smith + Hawks 5th overall for
Gerald Wallace
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #7
Yes!Andthefoul
I airball my layups

Yes!Andthefoul has an OK reputation so far

We're not trading Josh Smith. The few Atlantans who showed up for games last year didn't go to see Joe Johnson. Smith is our only draw, other than the "see and be seen" notion. Josh Smith is a rim rocking high flyer with top of the NBA defensive capability. His blocks last year made up for our weak frontcourt. Josh Smith puts butts in seats, bottom line...Magloire and Mo Williams might get us 5 more wins...
Yes!Andthefoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:21 AM   #8
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

Smith is the Wilkins for the Hawks. He will be their player they market. I don't see BK giving up Chill for Mo. BK like Childress too much to let him unless it is for a player he can't pass on.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
Birdhunter

Birdhunter has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade

Atlanta needs to add a big and if they can get a proven big man for the 5th pick they need to be all over it! Here is a trade that would work for both teams. Boozer for the 5th pick and Childress. Atlanta should be able to absorb the salary of about 11 million for Boozer as they have the cap space.
Birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #10
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Atlanta needs to unload some of their swingmen. They have Al Harrington, Marvin Williams, Josh Chilldres, and Josh Smith. They should trade Chilldress and Harrington for McGlore and a future 1st round pick (the draft class will be much better next year). They should draft LaMarcus Aldridge and their lineup would look like so:

PG: Needs help
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Marvin Williams
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Jamaal McGlore

They could sign a PG or draft one next year with one of their 2 first rounders.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

O, I forgot about Josh Smith, trade him for a PG.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #12
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
O, I forgot about Josh Smith, trade him for a PG.
No way jose
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:45 PM   #13
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

We all know the hawks have screwed themselves in recent drafts and passing on Chris Paul topped that off.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
ATX Baller

ATX Baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Better Trade

Here's a better trade option: Why not do a sign and trade - send Al Harrington + Salim Stoudamire to the Kings for Bonzi Wells and and Douby. That allows Joe to play the point you add an athletic two and a bigger shooter off the bench. plus you have a guy who knows how to win and has been through post season play.
ATX Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Baller
Here's a better trade option: Why not do a sign and trade - send Al Harrington + Salim Stoudamire to the Kings for Bonzi Wells and and Douby. That allows Joe to play the point you add an athletic two and a bigger shooter off the bench. plus you have a guy who knows how to win and has been through post season play.

Why would the Kings want Al Harrington. Why would Al Harrington want to back up Artest again? Isn't that the reason he forced the trade to ATL. I say trade Billy Knight for Dallas Austin.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: