Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Shade8780
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,978
Default Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Rondo / Smart / Pressey
Bradley / Smart / Young / Thornton
Green / Turner / Young / Wallace
Sullinger / Olynyk / Bass
Zeller / Sullinger / Faverani / Anthony

I'd go with that to start off the season. If Smart plays well, I'd consider starting him at SG over Bradley. TBH, I didn't even like the signing of Bradley that much with Smart coming in, so hopefully he's traded along with Green and Bass for some young guys or picks.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #2
That_Admiral
Celtics 2016 Champs
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,256
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Really? I thought Bradley was a great defensive guard. A Smart & Bradley backcourt down the stretch might be good, especially if defense is needed, i'd probably have olynk backing up zeller, and this could be interchangable.
That_Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
Shade8780
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,978
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Admiral
Really? I thought Bradley was a great defensive guard. A Smart & Bradley backcourt down the stretch might be good, especially if defense is needed, i'd probably have olynk backing up zeller, and this could be interchangable.
Rondo/Smart > Smart/Bradley

Danny payed Bradley too much as well. It'll turn into another Jeff Green contract.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Rondo
Smart
Green
Sullinger
Zeller
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,780
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sully
Zeller

It's better to have Smart off the bench because he looks to be a better offense creator than Bradley.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sully
Zeller

It's better to have Smart off the bench because he looks to be a better offense creator than Bradley.
Maybe. The starting lineup could use the offensive punch Smart would provide though.

Bradley has always struck me as the ideal 3rd guard. His limited offense leaves something to be desired for a starter.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,780
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Maybe. The starting lineup could use the offensive punch Smart would provide though.

Bradley has always struck me as the ideal 3rd guard. His limited offense leaves something to be desired for a starter.
That's why I would rather have Bradley with Rondo who would create those shots opportunities. Smart doesn't provide the shooting that Bradley can and who knows how Smart will play next to Rondo. With Smart oming off the bench, he can be himself more often, having the ball in his hands.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
CelticBalla32
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 171
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Bradley isn't a complete product and his offense has been coming along beautifully. He is a completely different and more confident player than he was as a rookie, where he was always hesitant with the ball and reluctant to shoot. Now, he pulls the trigger with confidence (sometimes too much confidence but I'll take that as a strong sign of maturation on a team where he had to shoot more). He's not a lead guard, but he is a game changer and a half and I think he'll continue to develop into an excellent two-way player. He shot 40% from 3 last year. Once he hones his skills and maxes out his potential, that contract is really not going to look that bad. Channing Frye makes the same amount as Bradley annually. It could be worse.

I agree with the OP. Rondo, AB, Green, Sully, Zeller will probably be the starting unit. I think Zeller is gonna have a pretty solid year, and Bass really needs a new home so Olynyk/Sully can log as many minutes as possible.
CelticBalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
CelticBaller
You mad?
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 17,645
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
Bradley isn't a complete product and his offense has been coming along beautifully. He is a completely different and more confident player than he was as a rookie, where he was always hesitant with the ball and reluctant to shoot. Now, he pulls the trigger with confidence (sometimes too much confidence but I'll take that as a strong sign of maturation on a team where he had to shoot more). He's not a lead guard, but he is a game changer and a half and I think he'll continue to develop into an excellent two-way player. He shot 40% from 3 last year. Once he hones his skills and maxes out his potential, that contract is really not going to look that bad. Channing Frye makes the same amount as Bradley annually. It could be worse.

I agree with the OP. Rondo, AB, Green, Sully, Zeller will probably be the starting unit. I think Zeller is gonna have a pretty solid year, and Bass really needs a new home so Olynyk/Sully can log as many minutes as possible.
good username
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #10
CelticBalla32
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 171
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
good username

Haha good stuff
CelticBalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Rondo
Smart
Green
Sullinger
Zeller
Updated:

Rondo (when he's back)
Turner
Green
Sullinger
Zeller

I like Turner as a starter, more size and versatility.

Smart/Bradley/Olynyk bench mob.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy