Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 08-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Shade8780
Banned

Default Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Rondo / Smart / Pressey
Bradley / Smart / Young / Thornton
Green / Turner / Young / Wallace
Sullinger / Olynyk / Bass
Zeller / Sullinger / Faverani / Anthony

I'd go with that to start off the season. If Smart plays well, I'd consider starting him at SG over Bradley. TBH, I didn't even like the signing of Bradley that much with Smart coming in, so hopefully he's traded along with Green and Bass for some young guys or picks.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #2
That_Admiral
Celtics 2016 Champs

Default Re: Your ideal starting lineup this season?

Really? I thought Bradley was a great defensive guard. A Smart & Bradley backcourt down the stretch might be good, especially if defense is needed, i'd probably have olynk backing up zeller, and this could be interchangable.
That_Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
Shade8780
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Admiral
Really? I thought Bradley was a great defensive guard. A Smart & Bradley backcourt down the stretch might be good, especially if defense is needed, i'd probably have olynk backing up zeller, and this could be interchangable.
Rondo/Smart > Smart/Bradley

Danny payed Bradley too much as well. It'll turn into another Jeff Green contract.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

Rondo
Smart
Green
Sullinger
Zeller
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
ballup
13.37 PER

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sully
Zeller

It's better to have Smart off the bench because he looks to be a better offense creator than Bradley.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sully
Zeller

It's better to have Smart off the bench because he looks to be a better offense creator than Bradley.
Maybe. The starting lineup could use the offensive punch Smart would provide though.

Bradley has always struck me as the ideal 3rd guard. His limited offense leaves something to be desired for a starter.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
ballup
13.37 PER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Maybe. The starting lineup could use the offensive punch Smart would provide though.

Bradley has always struck me as the ideal 3rd guard. His limited offense leaves something to be desired for a starter.
That's why I would rather have Bradley with Rondo who would create those shots opportunities. Smart doesn't provide the shooting that Bradley can and who knows how Smart will play next to Rondo. With Smart oming off the bench, he can be himself more often, having the ball in his hands.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
CelticBalla32
I usually hit open layups

Bradley isn't a complete product and his offense has been coming along beautifully. He is a completely different and more confident player than he was as a rookie, where he was always hesitant with the ball and reluctant to shoot. Now, he pulls the trigger with confidence (sometimes too much confidence but I'll take that as a strong sign of maturation on a team where he had to shoot more). He's not a lead guard, but he is a game changer and a half and I think he'll continue to develop into an excellent two-way player. He shot 40% from 3 last year. Once he hones his skills and maxes out his potential, that contract is really not going to look that bad. Channing Frye makes the same amount as Bradley annually. It could be worse.

I agree with the OP. Rondo, AB, Green, Sully, Zeller will probably be the starting unit. I think Zeller is gonna have a pretty solid year, and Bass really needs a new home so Olynyk/Sully can log as many minutes as possible.
CelticBalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
Bradley isn't a complete product and his offense has been coming along beautifully. He is a completely different and more confident player than he was as a rookie, where he was always hesitant with the ball and reluctant to shoot. Now, he pulls the trigger with confidence (sometimes too much confidence but I'll take that as a strong sign of maturation on a team where he had to shoot more). He's not a lead guard, but he is a game changer and a half and I think he'll continue to develop into an excellent two-way player. He shot 40% from 3 last year. Once he hones his skills and maxes out his potential, that contract is really not going to look that bad. Channing Frye makes the same amount as Bradley annually. It could be worse.

I agree with the OP. Rondo, AB, Green, Sully, Zeller will probably be the starting unit. I think Zeller is gonna have a pretty solid year, and Bass really needs a new home so Olynyk/Sully can log as many minutes as possible.
good username
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #10
CelticBalla32
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
good username

Haha good stuff
CelticBalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Rondo
Smart
Green
Sullinger
Zeller
Updated:

Rondo (when he's back)
Turner
Green
Sullinger
Zeller

I like Turner as a starter, more size and versatility.

Smart/Bradley/Olynyk bench mob.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: