Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 03-26-2007, 02:15 AM   #1
knicks15
Local High School Star

Default what would it take to get kirilenko?

crawford
frye
nate

for kirilenko?
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 AM   #2
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Default Re: what would it take to get kirilenko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
crawford
frye
nate

for kirilenko?

Maybe if the Jazz were really looking to get rid of Kirilenko they'd consider it, but that's not happening, they would need something a bit more exciting offered over the summer than that. Jazz aren't looking to get rid of Kirilenko, just looking to adjust his game now that they have more talent around him, if things continue not to work out (not that they are horrible), where Kirilenko is clearly not productive or happy then they'll look at GOOD offers, but otherwise they'll be happy to keep him.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
knicks15
Local High School Star

if thats not a good offer for kirilenko then i think youre overvaluing him. the guy doesnt put much up in numbers, just his 2 blocks, 1 steal and hes makin about 15 a yr. and i heard he and jerry sloan are butting heads
Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

He's been an all-star for one, candidate for defensive player of the year, and had much better stats before the addition of the new players in the rotation.

At his best, Andre is the ultimate garbage man X 10, he can be spectacular in that role, and it's something quite valuable to the Jazz. Jazz have some scorers now and Andre's never going to be a great shooter even though he keeps thinking he could be. Andre slashing to the basket, getting points off rebounds, and layups is all the Jazz want him to do, they don't want him shooting outside anymore now that they have much better shooters. He's one of the best shot blockers I've ever seen for a guy his size, and decent at deflections and steals as well.

Andre has to learn how to adjust into his new role of not being the go-to -guy, it doesn't make him less valuable to the team though, he just needs to quit worrying about scoring and having plays run for him. Jerry and he bumped heads a little bit earlier in the season, Andre is not adjusting to his new role well, but as of late, he has had a great attitude relationship wise with the team and coach. Seems his confidence is a mess though, he's been looking to blame the coach for his shooting whoa's. Currently he's getting some shooting tips from Jeff Hornacek, which to me isn't a good sign actually. It's not that learning to better your shot isn't a good thing, but he'll only ever be about average at best, so needs to stop focusing on it so much. He needs to have mindset a little bit more like Rodman, and stick with the things that he's best at. The Jazz are hoping that's exactly what he will do, and are going to give him some more time to adjust before pulling the plug.

Crawford is the only guy the Jazz would really be interested in among that group and he wouldn't put up the same numbers here as he puts up in New York (at least not any time soon), and he would really have to play some good defense or he won't even be out on the court.
Nate's not a Jazz kind of guy, he wouldn't get along with Sloan.. and the Jazz have a backup point guard in Dee Brown already. I don't know much about Frye, but we've got Boozer, Okur, Millsap and Collins (if Frye ever plays center), so no real need for him.

I just don't see it working out. I see those guys having some talent, but it's a matter of addressing the Jazz's needs as well. The Jazz are pretty patient, I see them waiting to give Kirilenko more time to adjust before they think of pulling off a trade like that with New York.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 03-26-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
cyco127
Local High School Star

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not on the AK bandwagon... But it would take more desirable pieces(to the Jazz) than that.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
He's been an all-star for one, candidate for defensive player of the year, and had much better stats before the addition of the new players in the rotation.

At his best, Andre is the ultimate garbage man X 10, he can be spectacular in that role, and it's something quite valuable to the Jazz. Jazz have some scorers now and Andre's never going to be a great shooter even though he keeps thinking he could be. Andre slashing to the basket, getting points off rebounds, and layups is all the Jazz want him to do, they don't want him shooting outside anymore now that they have much better shooters. He's one of the best shot blockers I've ever seen for a guy his size, and decent at deflections and steals as well.

Andre has to learn how to adjust into his new role of not being the go-to -guy, it doesn't make him less valuable to the team though, he just needs to quit worrying about scoring and having plays run for him. Jerry and he bumped heads a little bit earlier in the season, Andre is not adjusting to his new role well, but as of late, he has had a great attitude relationship wise with the team and coach. Seems his confidence is a mess though, he's been looking to blame the coach for his shooting whoa's. Currently he's getting some shooting tips from Jeff Hornacek, which to me isn't a good sign actually. It's not that learning to better your shot isn't a good thing, but he'll only ever be about average at best, so needs to stop focusing on it so much. He needs to have mindset a little bit more like Rodman, and stick with the things that he's best at. The Jazz are hoping that's exactly what he will do, and are going to give him some more time to adjust before pulling the plug.

Crawford is the only guy the Jazz would really be interested in among that group and he wouldn't put up the same numbers here as he puts up in New York (at least not any time soon), and he would really have to play some good defense or he won't even be out on the court.
Nate's not a Jazz kind of guy, he wouldn't get along with Sloan.. and the Jazz have a backup point guard in Dee Brown already. I don't know much about Frye, but we've got Boozer, Okur, Millsap and Collins (if Frye ever plays center), so no real need for him.

I just don't see it working out. I see those guys having some talent, but it's a matter of addressing the Jazz's needs as well. The Jazz are pretty patient, I see them waiting to give Kirilenko more time to adjust before they think of pulling off a trade like that with New York.

just seems like 15 mill is a lot to be paying for someone who avgs 8 pts n 5 boards. obviously hes more known as a defender but bowen makes 4mill a yr. but i guess i see ur point.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
iscariot
I airball my layups

Quote:
just seems like 15 mill is a lot to be paying for someone who avgs 8 pts n 5 boards. obviously hes more known as a defender but bowen makes 4mill a yr. but i guess i see ur point.

His averages are down this season for the reasons stated; that, and the fact he played like a putz for the first half of the season, that adn he's had major problems adjusting to his new role, and who can blame him as he was Mr Goto for the past 2-3 seasons...

If you look at his numbers lately though, they're up but more importantly he's once again playing garbageman and acting as the link between the others.

Sure, Bowen might be getting 4million as a defender, but when Kirilenko brings his 'a' game he'll be doing an average 12/7/5/2/3 - that's across the board work you can't just buy.

That being said - as trades go...why in god's name would anyone trade for Nate? I reckon Sloan would run him over with one of his tractors before the season's half over...

Hypothetically, if there was one team I'd like Kirilenko to go to, just as a chemistry experiment it would be Minnesota - I reckon Kirilenko and Garnett would be an inspired combo.
iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #8
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Hypothetically, if there was one team I'd like Kirilenko to go to, just as a chemistry experiment it would be Minnesota - I reckon Kirilenko and Garnett would be an inspired combo.

OH!!! That would be BAD for the Jazz and the rest of the NorthWest Division, but would be fun to watch...
Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #9
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

David Lee and some picks then utah considers a knicks offer. David Lee is the only player the jazz would have interest in from the knicks. allthough they allready have booze and okur and millsap, so i guess no knick trade would work.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #10
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
David Lee and some picks then utah considers a knicks offer. David Lee is the only player the jazz would have interest in from the knicks. allthough they allready have booze and okur and millsap, so i guess no knick trade would work.

if the knicks offered david lee, the only other players in the deal would be pretty much to make the contracts match
Old 03-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

Thumbs down Re: what would it take to get kirilenko?

I dun understand why AK was made to play a different role this season... yes it may mean better for the rest of the team but i mean one season he was the biggest point scorer for the jazz n this his first season not averaging over 10 points i think... stupid realy.yea i think AK as a timberwolf would be sick to see hes jus what they need! N that trade sounds awful god knows why anyone would do that they have players equaly or better than those proposed in that trade.
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #12
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
I dun understand why AK was made to play a different role this season... yes it may mean better for the rest of the team but i mean one season he was the biggest point scorer for the jazz n this his first season not averaging over 10 points i think... stupid realy.yea i think AK as a timberwolf would be sick to see hes jus what they need! N that trade sounds awful god knows why anyone would do that they have players equaly or better than those proposed in that trade.

ak is averaging easily under 10 and u obviously dont know what ur talking about
Old 04-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #13
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
ak is averaging easily under 10 and u obviously dont know what ur talking about

Naw bro, I think it was lost in translation.... I'm pretty sure he said that this is the first time he can remember AK averaging less than 10 per...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #14
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

A Rashard Lewis sign and trade.
DRUMGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #15
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMGEE
A Rashard Lewis sign and trade.

I would be ALL FOR THAT... Is 'Shard leaving seattle for sure then or what's the deal? If that trade goes down, at least y'all get something back and he doesn't walk away for nothin. As for the Knicks... I like David Lee, but yeah, he's kind of a Paul Millsap and we already have Paul. What I WOULD do with the Knicks though, is trade AK for Q-Rich, Randolph Morris (I love that guy - and he could turn into the shot blocker we need... plus i'm a Kentucky man) and a lottery pick in which we get that dude from Florida - Corey Brewer. He's 6'9", blocks shots, plays lock down defense... AND shoots 3's. He's gonna be a star.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: