Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default 2014 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

It's that time of year again ISH. This thread ran pretty smoothly last year so lets keep it going this year. Please try and give advice on a post before asking.

So I've been deep into research for about the past month and am starting to do mock drafts myself. Ill try and answer as many questions as possible.

I have the 7th pick in my 10 team PPR league this year and am debating whether to go RB-RB or WR-WR. It all really depends if I can get a guy like Lacy in the first round. Otherwise I'd pick Calvin.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Love Calvin for fantasy...esp for PPR

You're pretty much guaranteed elite numbers and his risk for injury is significantly lower than any RB. Taking Calvin in the 1st is a very 'safe' pick. Charles, Shady, Murray, etc even Peterson are all at high risk for missing games.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

True. I also love Murray this year. If I can get Calvin and Murray with my first two picks (7 and 14). I'm beyond happy.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

ehhh I think it wil be hard to get Lacy at 7, most mocks I have done have him going 5. Calvin is a good pick at 7, and I would honestly get another top tier receiver in the second, go with Green, Dez, Demaryius, Julio or Marshall.
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Im starting to warm up to the idea of Calvin over Lacy. In PPR leagues though Calvin is being taken over Lacy most of the time. Sometimes, if a guy like Peyton sneaks in to the top 6 I can choose between the two.

I got burned by a sophmore RB last year when I picked Trent 9th. Not sure how I feel about doing that again.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In PPR Calvin > Lacy
Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
In PPR Calvin > Lacy

Yeah it seems like with my pick, the guys available are:

Calvin (if he drops)
Lacy
Demaryius Thomas

And I think I would pick both of those WRs over Lacy and scoop Murray with the 14th.

Is Lacy worth picking over either of the top two WRs in a PPR league in the first round?
Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Anyone liking any of the rookies. In a keeper league and my keepers right now are Cam, Kap, and Morris. It's really QB heavy scoring with a QB and an offensive slot (can use a QB), but I'm not particularly happy with my three core players. Might as well take a chance on someone in the draft (5th pick).

Those are some of the top available. Sorted by how they scored last season.

Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious : 08-14-2014 at 08:04 PM.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Anyone liking any of the rookies. In a keeper league and my keepers right now are Cam, Kap, and Morris. It's really QB heavy scoring with a QB and an offensive slot (can use a QB), but I'm not particularly happy with my three core players. Might as well take a chance on someone in the draft (5th pick).

Not a big fan of any of the rookies. I think Sammy Watkins will have a solid season, but I wouldnt invest alot in him or bank in him at all. If you want a guy to take a risk on, take Cordarelle Patterson.

The guy has the big play potential and the tools that could allow him to possibly explode this season. The knock is his QB situation. Also consider a guy like Kendall Wright.

As far as RBs go, the only one I can think of is Bishop Sankey. He will probably get the work load, but I don't know much about him or his situation to say whether he's worth the risk.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Yeah it seems like with my pick, the guys available are:

Calvin (if he drops)
Lacy
Demaryius Thomas

And I think I would pick both of those WRs over Lacy and scoop Murray with the 14th.

Is Lacy worth picking over either of the top two WRs in a PPR league in the first round?
Dez and Demaryius could be considered more valuable than Lacy in PPR... Really close though
Old 08-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Jimmy, target Lacy or Alshon for keeper... Probably won't get either at #5 but if either are there get them.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation

My sleeprs are

Chris Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Ray Rice
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #13
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you dont have a top 4 pick this is a great year to go WR early. I would take Calvin over everybody except Charles, Shady, AP and Forte. Its tough to be competitive when you miss on your first pick and Calvin, Dez and Demaryius look a lot safer than someone like Murray, Ball or Marshawn. I am trying to go for safer picks early and save the high risk/reward picks for later in the draft.

Last edited by Nanners : 08-17-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 AM   #14
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfan549
My sleeprs are

Chris Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Ray Rice

i love rice as a sleeper. i just think last year was a fluke, and he had a down year. He should be back to form with kubiak on board.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #15
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Let's talk about #1 picks.

I've got one in my draft tomorrow and am torn between Peterson and Charles. I had the number two pick past year and the idiot who had #1 took Brady (Gotta love being in NE). Expecting Peterson off the board, I had built up a case for Charles in my head, but of course I went against myself and took AP. Kinda bit me, as I lost a lotta close games last year. So here are some pros for each player, who would you take over the other?

Case for AP
-Claims the talk about him hitting age/carry milestones is putting a huge chip on his shoulder.
-We've seen what Norv Turner has done with RBs. I think their intent to try to get the ball to AP in space will lead to a monster year.
-Vikings are now going to be playing outdoors, which will cater more to the run game late in the session.
-Lack of stability at QB is another reason to put my faith in the Viking's run game. I think Cassel will lose the starting job halfway through the year...partially due to the fact that they probably won't be great, and partially because they'll want to see what they have in Bridgewater.
-Patterson and Rudolph are the only really viable receiving options. I love Jennings and hope he bounces back this year, but there's no guarantee.
-It's Adrian ****in Peterson, top 5 to play the position.

Case for Charles
-Coming off a monster year, leading RBs in receiving and ( I think) rushing yards.
-Andy Reid, same story as Norv Turner
-Even less viable weapons around him. We'll see if they freeze Bowe out again this year, but Donnie Avery and who else?
-Younger than Peterson, maybe hitting peak of his career this season.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: