Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Let's talk about #1 picks.

I've got one in my draft tomorrow and am torn between Peterson and Charles. I had the number two pick past year and the idiot who had #1 took Brady (Gotta love being in NE). Expecting Peterson off the board, I had built up a case for Charles in my head, but of course I went against myself and took AP. Kinda bit me, as I lost a lotta close games last year. So here are some pros for each player, who would you take over the other?

Case for AP
-Claims the talk about him hitting age/carry milestones is putting a huge chip on his shoulder.
-We've seen what Norv Turner has done with RBs. I think their intent to try to get the ball to AP in space will lead to a monster year.
-Vikings are now going to be playing outdoors, which will cater more to the run game late in the session.
-Lack of stability at QB is another reason to put my faith in the Viking's run game. I think Cassel will lose the starting job halfway through the year...partially due to the fact that they probably won't be great, and partially because they'll want to see what they have in Bridgewater.
-Patterson and Rudolph are the only really viable receiving options. I love Jennings and hope he bounces back this year, but there's no guarantee.
-It's Adrian ****in Peterson, top 5 to play the position.

Case for Charles
-Coming off a monster year, leading RBs in receiving and ( I think) rushing yards.
-Andy Reid, same story as Norv Turner
-Even less viable weapons around him. We'll see if they freeze Bowe out again this year, but Donnie Avery and who else?
-Younger than Peterson, maybe hitting peak of his career this season.

Is your league PPR?

Personally, my number 1 RB this year is LeSean McCoy. His offensive line is arguably one of the best in the NFL, while Charles has one of the worst. McCoy is also versing weak defenses consistently in the NFC East, and is versing the 4th easiest schedule for RBs based off of last years fantasy stats. He also had about 500 more rushing yards along with more rushing attempts.

Both will get you the Receptions and Rushing Yards. I just like McCoy better this year.

AP isn't as much of a dual threat but is as elite as it gets when it comes to having a RB1. All 3 guys should go top 3 with no question.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #17
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Is your league PPR?

Personally, my number 1 RB this year is LeSean McCoy. His offensive line is arguably one of the best in the NFL, while Charles has one of the worst. McCoy is also versing weak defenses consistently in the NFC East, and is versing the 4th easiest schedule for RBs based off of last years fantasy stats. He also had about 500 more rushing yards along with more rushing attempts.

Both will get you the Receptions and Rushing Yards. I just like McCoy better this year.

AP isn't as much of a dual threat but is as elite as it gets when it comes to having a RB1. All 3 guys should go top 3 with no question.

It's PPR.

And McCoy would be my favorite to take at #1 if they hadn't signed Sproles this offseason.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation

Forte or Megatron?
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #19
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfan549
Forte or Megatron?

I'd say Johnson. He would have had a legendary session last year if he didn't get stopped inside the 5 a dozen times. I like Forte, but he's an injury risk in my opinion. What pick and how many teams?
Old 08-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Forte has missed five games in his entire career. And four of those came in 2011.

In a PPR I think you gotta go Forte. He is good for 50 catches every year. And in a system like Trestman's he will continue to rack up stats.

Megatron is great but remember they did add Golden Tate and Eric Ebron. I think they are trying to get the attention that Calvin receives onto other players.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #21
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

That post is way too long to quote lol but as for the number 1 pick, you gotta take defense into account. Chiefs have the best defense out of the three, so they won't be playing from behind as often, which means more touches for Charles. Imo Charles is the best out of the three, but you can't really go wrong with any of them.
Rondooooooooooo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #22
netsfan549
High School Starter

Quote:
I'd say Johnson. He would have had a legendary session last year if he didn't get stopped inside the 5 a dozen times. I like Forte, but he's an injury risk in my opinion. What pick and how many teams?

6th pick. I have a feeling Megatron or Forte going to drop to 6th
Old 08-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #23
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Let's talk about #1 picks.

I've got one in my draft tomorrow and am torn between Peterson and Charles. I had the number two pick past year and the idiot who had #1 took Brady (Gotta love being in NE). Expecting Peterson off the board, I had built up a case for Charles in my head, but of course I went against myself and took AP. Kinda bit me, as I lost a lotta close games last year. So here are some pros for each player, who would you take over the other?

Case for AP
-Claims the talk about him hitting age/carry milestones is putting a huge chip on his shoulder.
-We've seen what Norv Turner has done with RBs. I think their intent to try to get the ball to AP in space will lead to a monster year.
-Vikings are now going to be playing outdoors, which will cater more to the run game late in the session.
-Lack of stability at QB is another reason to put my faith in the Viking's run game. I think Cassel will lose the starting job halfway through the year...partially due to the fact that they probably won't be great, and partially because they'll want to see what they have in Bridgewater.
-Patterson and Rudolph are the only really viable receiving options. I love Jennings and hope he bounces back this year, but there's no guarantee.
-It's Adrian ****in Peterson, top 5 to play the position.

Case for Charles
-Coming off a monster year, leading RBs in receiving and ( I think) rushing yards.
-Andy Reid, same story as Norv Turner
-Even less viable weapons around him. We'll see if they freeze Bowe out again this year, but Donnie Avery and who else?
-Younger than Peterson, maybe hitting peak of his career this season.
I am in the same position. I have narrowed it down to AP and McCoy
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Just drafted let me know what you guys think. 12 league .5ppr 6 point touchdowns.

QB:Romo
RB: Peterson
RB: Ball
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Andre Johnson
FLEX: Roddy White
TE: Rudolph
K: Bailey
DEF: Tampa

Bench:
Steven Jackson
Golden Tate
Lamar Miller
Justin Hunter
Dobson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Charles Clay
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #25
FUTěN
Kids at the park dunk on me

FUTěN is considered somewhat coolFUTěN is considered somewhat cool

I'll tell you after Tuesday night.
FUTěN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #26
netsfan549
High School Starter

my team

RG 3
De Jackson
Maclin
Forte
Ellington
Mart Bennett
Rashad Jennings
Ben Tate
Sammy Watkins
Brian Hartline
Miles Austin
Joe Flacco
Jacoby JOnes
Folk
Baltimore Defense

What do you guys think?

I know I am thin in WR's
Old 08-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #27
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Just drafted let me know what you guys think. 12 league .5ppr 6 point touchdowns.

QB:Romo
RB: Peterson
RB: Ball
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Andre Johnson
FLEX: Roddy White
TE: Rudolph
K: Bailey
DEF: Tampa

Bench:
Steven Jackson
Golden Tate
Lamar Miller
Justin Hunter
Dobson
Ahmad Bradshaw
Charles Clay

I like it. The good thing about QB favorable scoring leagues is that you can get a lot of talent at HB if you ignore how everyone else is drafting. AP and Ball is a sick combo. What round did you get Romo?
Old 08-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #28
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

5th pick. 10 team league. 6 pts for passing TD. .5 ppr FLEX

QB- Rivers
RB- Morris
RB- Bush
WR- Calvin
WR- Bryant
TE- Witten
FLEX- Cruz
K- Dawson
DEF- KC

Bench-
RB- Tate
WR- T. Smith
RB- SJax
WR- Watkins
QB- Big Ben
RB- Moreno

Team Name - It's SALSA time

Hoping for some high scoring offenses from these players. I really don't like drafting multiple players from the same team but it happened here. I also could've had Romo but I chose Rivers for that aforementioned reasons. Romo went the pick right after I chose Rivers.

Last edited by ballinhun8 : 08-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #29
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfan549
my team

RG 3
De Jackson
Maclin
Forte
Ellington
Mart Bennett
Rashad Jennings
Ben Tate
Sammy Watkins
Brian Hartline
Miles Austin
Joe Flacco
Jacoby JOnes
Folk
Baltimore Defense

What do you guys think?

I know I am thin in WR's

With these, I really think you have to include the number of teams in the draft to be able to fully grade someone's results. You obviously went RB-RB at 1-2 (loved Ellington last year, even more this year), and I'm assuming you got RG3 in the 3rd. I think that's a little early, but my league is very QB favorable as well, so I had to reach for one too. I think your season is dependant on Griffin if your roster stays the same. He's the quintessential high risk/high reward guy this year, so it could be great, or it could be shitty. I have Flacco as my backup as well, considering dropping him for Locker though. I'm a Matthew Berry disciple, so I'm expecting a decent year for the Titans offense this season.

Since you pointed out WR as being your weakness, I'll give my opinion on that as well. Jackson's athletic ability alone will help him get targets, and given the fact that he's used to playing in an offense where his QB likes to scramble to buy himself time for his receivers to get open, I think that favors him. Not a huge fan of his attitude and route running, but hopefully Griffin's charisma can pick up D-Jax's motivation. Maclin's a sneaky pick, I don't love or hate him as your WR2. In Philly's high octane offense, everyone's going to get touches, and Maclin's certainly no exception. Watkins and Austin are great late picks, too.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #30
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
5th pick. 10 team league. 6 pts for passing TD. .5 ppr FLEX

QB- Rivers
RB- Morris
RB- Bush
WR- Calvin
WR- Bryant
TE- Witten
FLEX- Cruz
K- Dawson
DEF- KC

Bench-
RB- Tate
WR- T. Smith
RB- SJax
WR- Watkins
QB- Big Ben
RB- Moreno

Team Name - It's SALSA time

Hoping for some high scoring offenses from these players. I really don't like drafting multiple players from the same team but it happened here. I also could've had Romo but I chose Rivers for that aforementioned reasons. Romo went the pick right after I chose Rivers.

I really like this team alot. I imagine you went WR, WR, RB, RB and took Rivers late?

You essentially got 2 top 5 WRs, 2 RBs with top-12 potential, a Flex with top-12 WR potential and a QB who was awesome last year and can very well be a top-10 QB this year.

I also like your RB depth despite your decision to wait on RBs. I think I might take this route in my draft this year.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: