Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #61
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

So you're not a fan.

A fan doesn't cheer against his team.

A fan wants changes yes. But a fan does not cheer against his team.

You are not a fan. You're just a pretender.

Why not cheer for your team and hope that Dolan goes, sorry that wasn't enough and fires him? That is what a true fan would do.

But you wouldn't know what it means to be a true fan.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #62
bagelred
Weird

Gee, so I guess all those fans chanting "Fire Isiah!!!" aren't fans either.

I'm thinking about what's best for my team long term. I know this unit has no chance at a championship and Isiah is a piss poor manager. The only way he's out is if Knicks play poorly....

"Kick our a$$, everybody. Yeah , VISITORS!!!"
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #63
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

I definitely don't want the Knicks to lose. I don't want to get rid of Isiah unless he does a terrible job. Otherwise, he should stay.
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #64
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Gee, so I guess all those fans chanting "Fire Isiah!!!" aren't fans either.

I'm thinking about what's best for my team long term. I know this unit has no chance at a championship and Isiah is a piss poor manager. The only way he's out is if Knicks play poorly....

"Kick our a$$, everybody. Yeah , VISITORS!!!"

What part of
Quote:
A true fan roots for his team, sure they may want changes or people fired. But they still root for their team.
Didn't you understand?

As a fan there is nothing wrong with wanting someone fired. Or a change etc. That is certainly expected.

And you're wrong the only way out is not if the Knicks play poorly, that is jsut one possible way... which might not even work.

The Knicks play poorly and it deflates the value of the player that play on the team thus making it more difficult to trade them for fair value.

The Knicks can do well and Isiah could still be fired. But, you would rather have the Knicks do poorly than to have that happen. :confused: That's just moronic.

Like I said you are not a true fan. A true fan does not root for their team to lose.

So stop trying to pretend to be a fan. You just aren't.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #65
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKnicks914
I definitely don't want the Knicks to lose. I don't want to get rid of Isiah unless he does a terrible job. Otherwise, he should stay.

Look at all the Isiah lovers....omg

Isiah has been a total disaster. Two and a half years of complete mismanagement on every level.

There is NO WAY Isiah is ever getting another job in the NBA. GUARANTEED!!!!!!

Yet, everyone on this thread wants to hang onto him....gotta cut the strings boys....

"Yeah, visiting team, dunk on Curry's fat head....oh yeah!!!!"

By the way, this collection of horribles are not Knicks....Ewing, Oakley, Starks and Co....those guys are true knicks.....these guys aren't worthy of the jersey....

I'd dump everyone except Frye, Lee, and Crawford. Maybe Q. He played hard last year. Everyone else just go to the door please....
Old 06-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #66
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

BSPN reports LeBron James signing with the New York Knicks. I'm lying.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #67
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
BSPN reports LeBron James signing with the New York Knicks. I'm lying.

Oh Kiss Murder, you so crazy.....
Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #68
bagelred
Weird

Is Isiah fired yet? Darn it....
Old 06-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #69
hotsizzle
Superstar

im just hopin that knicks end up with the worst team so bulls can get that lotto pick
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #70
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
im just hopin that knicks end up with the worst team so bulls can get that lotto pick

I'm sure the bulls will get Oden with the Knicks pick. Congratulations!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #71
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Look at all the Isiah lovers....omg

Isiah has been a total disaster. Two and a half years of complete mismanagement on every level.

There is NO WAY Isiah is ever getting another job in the NBA. GUARANTEED!!!!!!

Yet, everyone on this thread wants to hang onto him....gotta cut the strings boys....

"Yeah, visiting team, dunk on Curry's fat head....oh yeah!!!!"

By the way, this collection of horribles are not Knicks....Ewing, Oakley, Starks and Co....those guys are true knicks.....these guys aren't worthy of the jersey....

I'd dump everyone except Frye, Lee, and Crawford. Maybe Q. He played hard last year. Everyone else just go to the door please....

Lol... relax. Saying that I want to keep Isiah if the Knicks do a good job under him means I love him? It is more that I am willing to give him a fair chance and I am reserving judgement... I certainly do not have a mancrush on the guy.

You guarenteeing him not getting a job in the NBA is certainly nothing bold... I've heard it 100 times before... nor does it have anything to do with a few Knick fans saying that they want to give him a fair chance as coach of the Knicks.

You wouldn't dump everyone besides Frye, Lee, and Crawford, because it can not be done... nobody would. No team is willing to take on the salaries of all of the other players first of all. Second, this team proved that they could not play "the right way" under Larry. That doesn't mean that they can't play under Isiah. Larry's style obviously would not work for this team. The Knicks, with this group, could be a respectable team under a coach that gives more freedom (and also one that will not berate the team in the news)... a coach that will actually coach to the players' strengths. Larry spent the year trying to change the style of every single player on the roster, and although if they were able to pick it up in a reasonable timeframe it would have been great, it became apparent that they were not going to understand any time soon.

Definitely not saying Larry is a bad coach... he is a great coach... it is more a problem with the players. They were not able to play basketball with structure. That being said, if Larry really wanted to do the best job possible, he would have had to adopt a different style of coaching... more hands off and certainly less harsh. Isiah will do a better job in that aspect.

I want to see how Isiah does now, and I am happy to let him stay to see what he can do.

Last edited by NYKnicks914 : 06-30-2006 at 11:56 PM.
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #72
panzerdragoon0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

baglered, I think Isiah as coach will help the Knicks franchise in the longrun. You seem to forget that Isiah was the head coach of the youngest team to ever make the playoffs, I think Indiana in '02. Not only that but the man is a genius at drafting. Ariza, Lee, Nate and Frye. And we'll have a better indication on what kind of pros Balkman and Collins will be in about a week when summer league starts.

I hope we take the same route that Indiana took, Isiah developes our young players, while accumulating even more talent and underachieves in the playoffs for a few years. Then we can fire isiah and get a coach that can take us to the next level ala indiana. Carlisle hasnt lead indiana to the finals but he had like 2 60 win seasons and two ECF appearances. perhaps we can hire stan van gundy in a few years and he can make us contenders. But the bottom line is this our roster is full of young players and Isiah is great at developing young talent, who knows how good our young guys will become. Isiah might even draft a superstar in the next few years.
panzerdragoon0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #73
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Dolan is part of the problem. There is no dilemma. The return of investment 125 million dollar payroll = worst record is unparalleled in any sports. Isiah has a good eye for spoting draft talent, but hes the worst GM ever. All the contracts and players on the current roster are "his". All the bad contracts the Knicks have had during the Layden era would have expired now. They could have drafted Aldridge or Morrison or Bargani this year. Next year still the worst team in the league they would have had a shot at Oden. Then you look at the free agent market, the LeBron class, the deepest in history. The Knicks under the cap with their own version of the twin towers Aldridge and Oden. Instead you are stuck with Marbury, Francis, Richardson, Curry, Rose and Roses mediocrity for years.

Im telling, if you had let a REAL DOG run the office from 2002 on, the Knicks would be in a better state.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #74
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

knicks wont have the worst record in the nba to get oden..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #75
bagelred
Weird

Isiah needs to go as soon as possible. The team is a wreck. No one cares about short term gains of 30-35 wins. We need to cleanse this team of all the bad apples, bad contracts, selfish players, and jumbo sized fat a$$es.

Just my opinion....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: