Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Most underrated songs in your opinion.

It could be popular songs that should be more popular or songs that just don't get any love at all. i'm into all types of rock and rap, but I'll get is started with two metal songs b/c i was listening to one of them when i thought of this.

Metallica- Motorbreath

Gets some love, but not enough. Very simple and garage sounding, but so thrashy and has a great melody.

Megadeth- Devil's Island

Never hear anyone mention this song anywhere. The chorus is one of my all-time faves for any genre in rock.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Most underrated songs in your opinion.

While we're on the Metallica topic, "For Whom The Bell Tolls" is an underrated song, as well as "The Sandman". Other underrated songs:

Stone Temple Pilots- Plush

The Verve Pipe- The Freshman

PM Dawn- Set Adrift On Memory Bliss

Jon Secada- Just Another Day

Spin Doctors- Two Princes
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I assume you mean Enter Sandman. That's probably their most commercially successful song actually. Do you mean it's underrated by metal fans alone?

For Whom the Bells Toll is a great song. His voice in that song still gives me shivers for some reason.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
Derek
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I assume you mean Enter Sandman. That's probably their most commercially successful song actually. Do you mean it's underrated by metal fans alone?

For Whom the Bells Toll is a great song. His voice in that song still gives me shivers for some reason.

I meant Enter Sandman. Sorry about that. I think it's underrated in general. You never hear it on the radio, and all these young kids who claim to be Metallica fans probably have never heard of the song.

For Whom The Bell Tolls is my favorite Metallica song. I'm not a big fan of heavy metal, but that song gives me the shivers as well. That song defines the word "goth", but it's still pretty cool.

Another song I forgot to mention was "Running With The Devil" by Van Halen. Most people probably have heard of their songs "Jump" and "Right Here Right Now", but Running With The Devil is so much better. Their best song by far.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far

If it's metal, then it's gotta be anything by Marilyn Manson. Specifically if it's a single song or two, then I'd go with "Beautiful People" or "The Dope Show", but if they didn't get such a slew of negative press, they'd go down as one of the greatest groups EVER, any genre. There's not a single album I can't listen to start to finish.

R&B - Mary J. Blige "Love @ 1st Sight"...sick beat by Puff, incredible guest spot by Method, and barely got any radio play. One of my all-time favorites.

Hip-Hop - Talib Kweli "Get By"...Just one of those songs that forces you to stop whatever it is you are doing and lose yourself in it. Perhaps the most perfect hip-hop song ever made.
Anything by Dead Prez, but "Psychology" or "W-4" specifically...The most underrated hip-hop group in history. Their albums have more education in them than a year at college.
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Metallica is not goth in any way. lol If you had to pick one song of their's I guess you could pick that one cause it's slow, but goth doesn't come to mind....or i'd not listen to it. lol

Enter Sandman i never hear on the radio either. It's always Nothing Else Matters.

Personally, I like Metallica from before that CD (self titled).
Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Dead Prez

Hip Hop has one of the greatest beats ever.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Derek
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Enter Sandman i never hear on the radio either. It's always Nothing Else Matters.

Is that from their 1991 album?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Masterplan is gonna hate this, but "Diary of Jane" by Breaking Benjamin. It hasn't been as big as it should be.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

different i dono how you can like that music. Sounds like a bunch of trash meshed together

Creep by Radiohead is very underrated. Rock 'n' r oll star by oasis is underrated. Has some great metaphors like " I live my life by the stars that shine."
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
different i dono how you can like that music. Sounds like a bunch of trash meshed together

Creep by Radiohead is very underrated. Rock 'n' r oll star by oasis is underrated. Has some great metaphors like " I live my life by the stars that shine."

Well maybe because I'm different : I agree though, Oasis is pretty underated.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #12
The_Masterplan
Banned

Do you guys agree with me that Coldplay is overrated?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Anything by the Swollen Members. Underground rappers from Canada. Dudes can spit.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Do you guys agree with me that Coldplay is overrated?

We agree on something musically...
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #15
The_Masterplan
Banned

glad to hear it. They have the same time of musical composition over and over and they really havent seemed to develop a newer sound or evolutionize. Some may argue that Oasis use the same chords over and over again but although that is true, listen to definetly maybe and dont believe the truth and you will see a huge difference. Although def maybe is better, dont believe the truth has a different sound and is more accustomed to liam gallagher's close to shot voice.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: