Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default So who are the Browns taking next year?

Mariota or Winston?
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So who are the Browns taking next year?

Word on the street was that they really wanted Mariota and were crushed when he decided to go back to school. Unfortunately, I think our defense might be just good enough to get us out of the running for either.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lots of knee jerking going on over one preseason game...

Manziel might not blow anyone's socks off his rookie year, QBs are rarely Probowl talents their rookie year. Hopefully the Browns and their fans can be a little patient with him.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Lots of knee jerking going on over one preseason game...

Manziel might not blow anyone's socks off his rookie year, QBs are rarely Probowl talents their rookie year. Hopefully the Browns and their fans can be a little patient with him.
Well, I always thought he was going to stink in the NFL, so no overreaction from me. Just the customary reaction.

I hope I'm wrong, trust me. He hasn't comforted me much in that area.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Well, I always thought he was going to stink in the NFL, so no overreaction from me. Just the customary reaction.

I hope I'm wrong, trust me. He hasn't comforted me much in that area.
But now that you have drafted him, do you not think he should get more than one year to prove himself? Or will you be hoping the Browns draft another QB next year regardless?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey, if it doesn't work out, the Padres could take a shot at him. He can't be worse than some of the Hitters they have.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whoever is a bigger bust
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
But now that you have drafted him, do you not think he should get more than one year to prove himself? Or will you be hoping the Browns draft another QB next year regardless?
He shouldn't get more than one year to prove himself if he doesn't show the traits or at least the potential of being a capable of NFL starter. I don't look at him any differently as I do any other rookie quarterback in this league. If they don't show that they can play, they don't deserve to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Whoever is a bigger bust

More trolling of Cleveland by RoundMoundOfReb. I'm shocked. This is my shocked face...

Old 08-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #9
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it's called a joke...not really trolling
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
He shouldn't get more than one year to prove himself if he doesn't show the traits or at least the potential of being a capable of NFL starter. I don't look at him any differently as I do any other rookie quarterback in this league. If they don't show that they can play, they don't deserve to play.
There are HOF QBs out there that had really bad rookie years...today teams and fans refuse to give QBs more than a year or two.

John Elway had a 54.9 rating as a rookie
Troy Aikman had a 55.7 rating as a rookie
Steve Young - 56.9 as a rookie

current QBs
Peyton Manning - 71.2
Drew Brees - 76.9 rookie year, 67.5 the following year

Most QBs need a little time, it's arguably the most complex position in all of sports, we shouldn't expect QBs to be amazing as rookies.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #11
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Manziel made one good throw last night that deserved props, a nice accurate throw on the run, believe it was 3rd down too.

Other than that, he looked like shit. Was gettin run down by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Maybe my prediction of having a top 15 ceiling was far too generous. Still early but his legs didn't even seem to be much of an issue at all at this level.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
There are HOF QBs out there that had really bad rookie years...today teams and fans refuse to give QBs more than a year or two.

current QBs
Peyton Manning - 71.2

Most QBs need a little time, it's arguably the most complex position in all of sports, we shouldn't expect QBs to be amazing as rookies.
I didn't say "be amazing." I said show me that you deserve to play. That isn't asking too much. Like I said, maybe Manziel will prove me wrong... I hope to god he does.

But, I'm also not interested in wasting several seasons on a guy who doesn't show promise. I'm still waiting for promise. In fairness, it is still extremely early, but he's also been pretty bad.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Manziel made one good throw last night that deserved props, a nice accurate throw on the run, believe it was 3rd down too.

Other than that, he looked like shit. Was gettin run down by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Maybe my prediction of having a top 15 ceiling was far too generous. Still early but his legs didn't even seem to be much of an issue at all at this level.
That's maybe the scariest part so far. He's getting run down by linebackers consistently.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:

current QBs
Peyton Manning - 71.2

Times have changed. Most QBs nowadays who amount to anything have good rookie years...

And having a bad rookie year is not a good sign...but it isn't a death sentence.that goes without saying...saying [insert QB here] had a bad rookie year but still succeeded as a defense is like saying Yao Ming is tall therefore asians are tall...it's an exception not the rule
Old 08-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #15
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
That's maybe the scariest part so far. He's getting run down by linebackers consistently.
the Browns ran an option with JM to outside one time last night that lost a yard...IMO that was more of a break down of the play than it was JM.

Other plays where he used his legs were him running to the outside and then throwing the ball away.

Manziel's first preseason game he had 6 rushes for 27 yards including a 16 yard run...had he played the entire game he would have finished with 80-100 yards.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: