Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default Miss Jones Dissing Lupe. Offering A Break To Aspiring MC's

Quote:

Controversial NY radio host, Miss Jones is at it again. The on air personality briefly made a statement planning to rally against Lupe Fiasco's feature on Musiq Soulchild's currently circulating "Buddy (remix)" and claimed that the heads at Def Jam will be hearing about her boycott. On the Miss Jones show, while the song was on air, Jonesy cut through the song's ending, where Lupe's verse was and asked, "Who is this person bringing down the quality of this song?" After being informed from a colleague that it was Lupe Fiasco, she then stated that she couldn't take it and went on to state that his verses absolutely made no sense at all and was completely irrelevant to the song's content.

After the Hot97 jock ordered for the song to be taken back to the beginning, Miss Jones and her team began to break down and chastize Lupe's lyrics, where he says, "No, I don't want your number, nor your name, nor a dance/ I don't want your time, or your sign, or a chance/ because I'm so cooool, I'm so straight, Look I ain't tryna hit, and I don't want no date/look this point in time, currently on my grind, and I don't want no distractions..." The morning crew pointed out that his verses completely defied what the song was about and made no sense at all, especially since the whole song is about chasing after a female.

With the whole team nodding in agreeance, one of the crew members jokingly said that Lupe would prefer skating, then to want all those things. Additional jokes from the staff about the skateboard mc included his adlibs and his overall presence on the song.

The shock jock then went on to announce that any aspiring rappers that are looking to get put on and or looking for a break can add themselves to the song in place of Lupe Fiasco and can start by uploading it on youtube. No official announcement was made if this was an official contests or not, but she promised to play a remix of the song featuring an aspiring rapper every morning on Hot97 over the Lupe Fiasco version. For more details, you can email the morning team at morningshow@hot97.com.

Although controversial, upcoming rappers should definitely cease the opportunity as Miss Jones can be very influential on the nationwide playlists. The shock jock played a major role in breaking Robin Thicke's "Lost Without You" record as probably one of the first to expose the record on urban radio, which is now across national urban radio across the country.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article173725.html

I hate Miss Jones. I can't stand her.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Miss Jones Dissing Lupe. Offering A Break To Aspiring MC's

yeah, why'd she need to go and do that to Lupe... The kid is a nice MC

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I like Lupe, anyway Miss Jones is a b!tch.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

shes probably too dumb to understand lupes lyrics anyway.

it takes a couple listen-throughs of his mixtapes to catch all the nuances and references. for me at lease.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Outta all the wack ass music played on the radio, this bucked tooth ho chooses to pick on Lupe?
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: