Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
ThaKid
King

Question OT: Bad Friend or Jus the Way Things are???

Here's the deal:

Last week, i lost my only mp3 player that i've had for 3 years now (half gig) so i went to my fiend who had a half gig mp3 player AND an ipod and asked him if i could borrow his mp3 player, so he was like maybe we'll see... So then jus a couple days ago he asks me if he can have one of my shirts for 5 bucks and then i was jus like i'll give it to you if u let me borrow ur mp3 player until I get a new one, so then he's like "no jus buy it from me for 25 bucks". And i was like "Then jus let me use it until u sell it because u dont even use it and u werent looking to sell it anyways". And here's the thing: Im broke as fcuk and he knows that and he already has a job and can pay for things already. And he's supposed to be one of my boys and we always have our core group of guys who play ball. AND he knows that i brought that mp3 player everywhere for 3 years and i always needed music in my ears. So when he did that I was real pissed cuz he's supposed to be one of my best friends and he cant even do this one favor for me. So what Im asking you guys is 'Is he the Bad Friend for not even letting me borrow and mp3 player that he doesnt use and he already has and IPod?' or 'Am I the bad friend for expecting him to let me use an mp3 player?'
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: OT: Bad Friend or Jus the Way Things are???

I didn't read the whole thing, only until the part where he says "Maybe, we'll see"

I have a friend like that too. I go to lunch with him everyday. Probably one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. Loves to crack jokes and we share the same interests. It's just when it comes to material possessions he's a dick about it sometimes. It's just the way some people are. He's not a bad friend, but he's just hooked onto his stuff.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
He's not a bad friend, but he's just hooked onto his stuff.
But isnt it pretty sad that he cant even lend and extra mp3 player to one of his best friends???
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
But isnt it pretty sad that he cant even lend and extra mp3 player to one of his best friends???

Yeah kinda, but you gotta understand they're people like that in this world and there's nothing anybody can do about it. Just gotta learn to accept it because other than that, he's probably a pretty good friend to you.

Maybe he thinks you'll break it or lose it like you did with your old mp3.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #5
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

in every friendship their is trust. i guess he doesnt trust you much then
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #6
The_Masterplan
Banned

Well, he has a good reason to since you LOST your mp3. I am sure he doesnt want to risk losing his mp3. That is how i feel about it. Like if someone loses their mp3 and i have one that i dont use and he wanted it then i would like to make some profit out of it. If your mp3 may have just broke then ya i wouldve lent it since it wasnt necessarily your fault.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 AM   #7
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Btw, you should get an iPod as your next media device.

I lost my mp3 last week too. Got an iPod this weekend.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #8
knicks15
Local High School Star

as shady as it sounds to some people thats just how some people are. i cant understand why some people are like that i guess maybe the way they were raised or the people theyre around. im the type of person who wouldnt mind letting my friends borrow stuff or jus give it to them if i dont use it dependin on how cool i am with them. i mean if im out and a friend needs some money i wouldnt mind spendin a few bucks here n there, but theres people i know who are like that as well. i wouldnt say theyre bad friends they probably do it to their closest friends also.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

are you guys young? that could be a good excuse i guess as being young and being broke go hand in hand
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Thats a shllty friend. Had many like that, stop talking to the douche bag until he goes with your deal.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #11
bk33
duck my sick

maybe because he knows that you're "broke as ****" he thinks you'll never buy another mp3 player and just end up keeping his.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #12
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Thats just a bad friend. When i signed my apartment lease we got free IPOD nanos and i gave mine to my friend cuz she couldn't get one but really wanted one and i already had my psp that i listen to music on. Friendship is about sacrifice sometimes
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:22 AM   #13
shok
Decent playground baller

Personally, I wouldn't hold it against him. Think of his perspective too:

1. He might not know your financial situation as well as you think he does.
2. He might not have as much money as he leads on.
3. Perhaps he has financial burdens you're unaware of (insurance, medical, groceries for his single mother, g/f [nuff said], etc.).

You've said quite a few nice things about the dude...do you really want to end all that for a $25 device? Friends don't have value.

In fact, give me your address and I will donate $5 to help you purchase your next mp3 player.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #14
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

I got pretty weary of lending stuff to people. I used to lend out stuff to my friends, and then they'd never give it back and you'd have to hound and hound them to get it back, which makes you feel like a total *******. If someone wants to borrow a DVD or CD or something like that, then i'll just burn them off there own copy.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #15
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shok
You've said quite a few nice things about the dude...do you really want to end all that for a $25 device? Friends don't have value.

true, but you could say the same to the friend.

been lookin into gettin a car, but am too broke to get it, if ur interetsed i can give u my address as well
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: