Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #16
Darsh
Good college starter

Default Re: OT: Bad Friend or Jus the Way Things are???

you're friends being unreasonable, but heaps of people are like that.

My friends and i lend stuff to each other all the time. Im actually wearing my friends shirt right now and ive had it for about 4 months but its no big deal to my mate, because he knows he can have it back whenever he wants if he just asks, and i lend him stuff all the time too.

And that goes for all of my friends too. Mind you, i have a pretty laid back group of mates, and some people just dont have that quality.. It's annoying when they dont, but its not something to hold a grudge over.

Last edited by Darsh : 03-27-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:13 AM   #17
FPower
Local High School Star

Not enough information, we'd need to hear from him WHY he doesn't want to let you borrow his player. We all have that friend we love but we know not to lend stuff to because he always breaks/loses anything he borrows.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:18 AM   #18
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
Not enough information, we'd need to hear from him WHY he doesn't want to let you borrow his player. We all have that friend we love but we know not to lend stuff to because he always breaks/loses anything he borrows.

yeah, i was thinking this..

ThaKid, you may not even realise it if you're this person lol. Hell you could just eb the dogdy friend that always does stupid ****, everyone seems to have a friend like that..
Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 AM   #19
SomeBunghole
Banned

Jeezus H. Kryst, there's a lot of unreasonable people here. Maybe your friend simply doesn't like lending stuff out. Why? Who the **** cares? We all have our things. I have a friend who doesn't like having his neck touched. Weird? Yes? Do I touch his neck? Not if I wanna live. I have a friend who hates cheese. Real pain in the ass when the four of you are trying to share a pizza. Why? Again, I don't know and it doesn't matter. I could go on and on about my friends, many of whom have weird quirks, but I'm still friends with them, usually for reasons that by far outweigh the quirks.

And yeah, I don't share things either. I just don't. Maybe it's the upbringing, maybe it's that my parents always bought two of everything so I wouldn't have to share with my sister. I don't know. All I know is that I'd take a punch in the face at a bar from my friend but I wouldn't lend them my basketball shoes. It's just like that.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 AM   #20
Darsh
Good college starter

all the people defending thakids friend are probably the tight asses described in throughout this thread..
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 AM   #21
SomeBunghole
Banned

And all the people defending all this sharing and borrowing are making me wonder why the Communist Party doesn't get more votes in the US, seeing how so many people are into communal property.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 AM   #22
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
Here's the deal:

Last week, i lost my only mp3 player that i've had for 3 years now (half gig) so i went to my fiend who had a half gig mp3 player AND an ipod and asked him if i could borrow his mp3 player, so he was like maybe we'll see... So then jus a couple days ago he asks me if he can have one of my shirts for 5 bucks and then i was jus like i'll give it to you if u let me borrow ur mp3 player until I get a new one, so then he's like "no jus buy it from me for 25 bucks". And i was like "Then jus let me use it until u sell it because u dont even use it and u werent looking to sell it anyways". And here's the thing: Im broke as fcuk and he knows that and he already has a job and can pay for things already. And he's supposed to be one of my boys and we always have our core group of guys who play ball. AND he knows that i brought that mp3 player everywhere for 3 years and i always needed music in my ears. So when he did that I was real pissed cuz he's supposed to be one of my best friends and he cant even do this one favor for me. So what Im asking you guys is 'Is he the Bad Friend for not even letting me borrow and mp3 player that he doesnt use and he already has and IPod?' or 'Am I the bad friend for expecting him to let me use an mp3 player?'

He's an *******, dude.

I have a friend like that. A few years ago, my batteries ran out for my discman and i asked if i could borrow a couple of his so i could listen to it while i walked to class and stuff. He had a ****load of AA batteries in his drawer. He wouldnt let me get ONE. I literally was dumbfounded and couldnt understand why he wouldnt let me have one, and he couldnt believe I couldnt believe him.

I mean, ****in BATTERIES. I could understand if he only a couple left but the guy had a whole ****in pack. I've never forgotten that ****.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 AM   #23
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

This is small stuff, and the first rule in a friendship is don't sweat the small stuff. I have a friend that doesn't lend out his dvd's. i have another friend that won't share his food for anything. Do I resent them for that? Hell no, I'm a grown ass man not a 5 year old child. I know my friends are there for me when i truly need them on some serious Sh*t. Before you write him off ask yourself if he's somebody you know has your back when the sh*t hits the fan. If the answer is yes then quit whining and learn to live without your mp3 player until you can afford to buy a new one. As a matter of fact your boy is offering to sell you one for $25, that's mighty good of him.
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:42 AM   #24
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Your friend is selfish, and stupid.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:56 AM   #25
hateraid
Is it in you?

He's cheap. In the long run he's not going to be a useful person in your life. One of those," hey, can you help me move?", and he'll say," can you give me gas money?" type of guys. i wouldn't hate, but I'd keep tabs.
There's going to be a time when you'll make serious coin. Just remeber the time he wouldn't lend you his MP3.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:58 AM   #26
reppy
Apparently likes anime

I always try to help my friends out. But if my friend asked me if he could borrow something of value from me, I'd be second guessing it. You just feel uncomfortable knowing it's somewhere else.

I rarely let my own family members borrow my DVDs and games. I've been screwed too many times by people that just let discs sit around and they get scratched to hell and back. Or if they have little kids. Especially little kids that use the DVD players. "Oh, disc is already in.. I'll stick this here.. oops it fell behind the TV. I'll tell dad later!"
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 AM   #27
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Men don't moan about each other on message boards to strangers, you just punch him then it's all sweet.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 AM   #28
Sharas
Great college starter

it sounds to me like he's generally cheap, and not just to you...as hateraid said, just keep tabs
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 AM   #29
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Well, he has a good reason to since you LOST your mp3. I am sure he doesnt want to risk losing his mp3. That is how i feel about it. Like if someone loses their mp3 and i have one that i dont use and he wanted it then i would like to make some profit out of it. If your mp3 may have just broke then ya i wouldve lent it since it wasnt necessarily your fault.
no once did we mention me losing the mp3 player when i was asking for it, the way i was talking to him, i kno his only objective was to get some $$$ out of this... but hey wat can you do??? a friend is a friend and im not gonna ruin that cuz of an mp3 player... jus something that bothered me and wanted to see who was right
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #30
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
here's our MSN convo we had and u guys can decide who's being unreasonable or not... u guys can prolly guess who i am(note: u guys have been asking and were seniors in highschool)

(7:42 PM) --: yo send me that song
(7:43 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: Initiated a file transfer
(7:42 PM) Sending of "robin_thicke-lonely_world.mp3" to -- {[..Ars..]} has failed.
(7:43 PM) --: get it shawty
(7:43 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: Initiated a file transfer
(7:45 PM) --: so u wanna sell that g unit 4 five bucks
(7:45 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: wow i said for the mp3 player
(7:45 PM) --: wtf
(7:46 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: u dont even use it
(7:46 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: u have ur ipod
(7:46 PM) --: so what
(7:46 PM) --: thats a rip off
(7:46 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: so who give a ****, u dont use it
(7:46 PM) --: i still want a good deal
(7:46 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: no one else is gonna buy it off u
(7:46 PM) --: u never no
(7:47 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: okay, them lemme use it until u sell it
(7:47 PM) --: jus buy it off of me 25
(7:47 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: i dont ****in have $$$
(7:47 PM) Transfer of "Lloyd - Get It Shawty.mp3" is complete.
(7:48 PM) --: lol wow
(7:48 PM) aŁistaire...Lil: wow u cant even do me this 1 favor
(7:49 PM) --: ill c
(7:50 PM) --: so u sellin ur thing
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: