Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #31
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me

the outsider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Bad Friend or Jus the Way Things are???

it sounds like this guy is smart. you said you are broke and jobless, and now you sound co-dependent and unable to make rash decisions by yourself. i wouldnt let you hold it either, sorry kid you just to young.
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #32
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

You just LOST your own mp3 player. You're broke, jobless and wear G Unit teeshirts. I wouldnt let you borrow it either.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #33
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Man I don't have any friends I would let borrow my ****. Cause everytime I do it ends up broke or don't get it back at all.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #34
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

You're totally acting emo, too. "Gosh, you won't even do this one favor for me! Wah!" You look really immature, bro.

Btw, $25 for a used half-gig non-iPod MP3 player is a bit of a rip off IMO.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #35
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

hes a sloppy friend. Might not be a bad friend, but definetly sloppy and selfish.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #36
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

It looks like he wanted to buy a shirt from you, and you wanted to trade it for his MP3 player. He didn't think that was a good trade, and it put him in an adversarial mindset. Not a good time to be asking him to give you stuff. Then when he didn't want to, you tried guilt tripping him into doing what you wanted. That probably irritated him even more.

You negotiated the situation poorly, and this is the result. Let it drop and forget about it.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #37
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Oh to be so young and stupid.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #38
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it isnt yours dude. I would generally let me friends borrow stuff but its his and if he doesnt want to you cant blame him.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #39
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

If u guys can clearly read, his intentions were jus to get $$$ and he never thought about me losing his mp3 player...if he did he woulda told me that...but yea i'll admit i did kinda act like baby and got mad when it wasnt really a big deal
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #40
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
You negotiated the situation poorly, and this is the result. Let it drop and forget about it.
yea tru
Old 03-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #41
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

hes probably an only child or something.

anyway, here's the thing. you havent announced plans to buy a new mp3 player. so it could seem like you're trying to "borrow" this mp3 player but never give it back since he doesn't "need" it and you're too poor to buy a new one. so he wants some money for it so everything's square cause once he lends it to you where's the limit? how can he, with his ipod and you, broke, ask for it back? he would seem like an even bigger dick and it would create an even bigger problem, and even bigger than that is if he wants it back but doesn't want to say so.

also.. you lost your mp3 player. who says you won't do it again? maybe he sees you as a sloppy/clumsy person who is prone to losing things and doesn't trust you to keep track of it, and even if he knows you'd reimburse him if you lost it if you could, he also knows you don't have the money to.

that said, if he was actually your friend he'd let you borrow the thing. he doesn't need it. true friendships go beyond **** like the above 2 paragraphs. but then again true friendships are hard to find so don't go all crazy about it. just be happy with whatever relationship you got and stop pressing buttons.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #42
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
OT: Bad Friend or Jus the Way Things are???
I haven't even read your post, but just from the title I felt compelled to open this thread and ask if you are actually for fcking real right now. I made a post about personal issues/threads in another, and I don't feel fully regurgitating it now, so here's the gist of it:

No one cares about your problems, so don't post them in a goddamned basketball forum. If you must rely on an online community to discuss issues/problems instead of, you know, real people (family, friends, etc.), at least do it in the off-topic forum.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #43
ThaKid
King

This will prolly be my last post in this thread because i kno u guys are tired of it but, i jus need to clear up some things said in this thread:

First
U guys said that i wouldnt give it back if he lent me the mp3 player... im not that kind of person to keep someone's possessions if they want it and if u read the convo i said 'jus lemme borrow it until u sell it'

Second
U guys said that he would think that im irresponsible... but again if u read my post u would kno that ive had that mp3 player for 3 years, so im pretty good at keeping things and i jus lost that mp3 player on a misunderstanding with my moms

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I haven't even read your post, but just from the title I felt compelled to open this thread and ask if you are actually for fcking real right now. I made a post about personal issues/threads in another, and I don't feel fully regurgitating it now, so here's the gist of it:

No one cares about your problems, so don't post them in a goddamned basketball forum. If you must rely on an online community to discuss issues/problems instead of, you know, real people (family, friends, etc.), at least do it in the off-topic forum.

And Last
I jus wanna get opinions from other people's perspectives cuz here u cant really pick sides so i get unbiased answers...and dont get bent out of shape, there was only one OT thread on the front page that was personal...i could understand if there was 4,5, or 6 but there was only 1, so if u dont like these threads dont click on them... 20 other ppl commented on my situation

so jus let this thread slide down unless u guys got other good points... thx ISH
Old 03-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #44
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All right kid, here it is.

Quote:
and dont get bent out of shape, there was only one OT thread on the front page that was personal
That's because it's a fcking basketball forum! The reason you put it in here is because you needed the attention it would garner from being in a forum that gets frequented more than the OT.

Quote:
so if u dont like these threads dont click on them...
Or how about you don't clutter a basketball forum with your petty "problems" (if this is your biggest "problem" then you're doing pretty well for yourself)? Yeah, that'd work, too.

Quote:
So then jus a couple days ago he asks me if he can have one of my shirts for 5 bucks and then i was jus like i'll give it to you if u let me borrow ur mp3 player until I get a new one, so then he's like "no jus buy it from me for 25 bucks". And i was like "Then jus let me use it until u sell it because u dont even use it and u werent looking to sell it anyways".
You're acting like this dude owes you something. It's his stuff, he can do whatever the hell he wants to with it.

Quote:
And here's the thing: Im broke as fcuk and he knows that and he already has a job and can pay for things already.
You have got to be shtting me here.

So because this dude works harder than you and has an actual employer, he's supposed to do things for you because you don't have a job or money? Here's some real advice, stop acting like a thirteen year old who's had the world handed to them on a platter. Because he's better off than you he should be the hand that feeds?

Ridiculous.

Quote:
And he's supposed to be one of my boys and we always have our core group of guys who play ball. AND he knows that i brought that mp3 player everywhere for 3 years and i always needed music in my ears. So when he did that I was real pissed cuz he's supposed to be one of my best friends and he cant even do this one favor for me.
Do you realize how stupid getting bent out of shape about this is? Have you read this since you typed it? This is primary school drama.

Quote:
So what Im asking you guys is 'Is he the Bad Friend for not even letting me borrow and mp3 player that he doesnt use and he already has and IPod?' or 'Am I the bad friend for expecting him to let me use an mp3 player?'
He's just a guy who doesn't want to lend his sht out to people. Grow up.

Just the very fact that this perturbed you enough to post it on a forum is straight pathetic, although you could definitely argue that me taking time out of my not-so-busy life to unnecessarily rip on you is moreso.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #45
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
All right kid, here it is.

That's because it's a fcking basketball forum! The reason you put it in here is because you needed the attention it would garner from being in a forum that gets frequented more than the OT.

Or how about you don't clutter a basketball forum with your petty "problems" (if this is your biggest "problem" then you're doing pretty well for yourself)? Yeah, that'd work, too.

You're acting like this dude owes you something. It's his stuff, he can do whatever the hell he wants to with it.

You have got to be shtting me here.

So because this dude works harder than you and has an actual employer, he's supposed to do things for you because you don't have a job or money? Here's some real advice, stop acting like a thirteen year old who's had the world handed to them on a platter. Because he's better off than you he should be the hand that feeds?

Ridiculous.

Do you realize how stupid getting bent out of shape about this is? Have you read this since you typed it? This is primary school drama.

He's just a guy who doesn't want to lend his sht out to people. Grow up.

Just the very fact that this perturbed you enough to post it on a forum is straight pathetic, although you could definitely argue that me taking time out of my not-so-busy life to unnecessarily rip on you is moreso.
sorry i didnt kno u take ur NBA Forums so seriously...and the fact that u clicked on this thread again, when u stated that u hate these threads is jus....wooow...and okay u win, cuz i hate arguing on the net...im done

Last edited by ThaKid : 03-27-2007 at 10:45 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: