Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #46
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Marcus was reported to be 6-4, which is why I thought PHI would take him.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #47
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
"Call Billy Donovan, he won the national championship last year. Ask him if we were surprised to take a guy like Balkman because his team beat them twice."
And then went to the NIT. Nice one.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #48
Ryan Bowen
Decent playground baller

Ryan Bowen has decent reputationRyan Bowen has decent reputation

Go Balkman! You can do it!
Ryan Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 AM   #49
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
as Marbury is 29 with a lot of mileage and sore knees, and Francis is 29 going on 39.

The problem is that Francis is 29 going on 13.

As for Balkman, I actually feel a little bad for him. He's been hammered in the press for the past few days just because he was picked ahead of where he should have been.
And for his projection, the draft guidebook had over 100 names, and he wasn't one of them. His official ht and wt weren't even listed on ESPN's listings prior to the draft.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 AM   #50
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Bull**** son. Trevor is all work and all talent. What he DOESN'T have, is a jumpshot or a brain. He is a super athletic talent and is a super hustler. Just needs a jumpshot and he's golden.

maybe hes turned over a new leaf with the Magic. i only followedh im briefly in his short stint with the Knicks when he and Sweetney were dubbed as the future nucleus of the Knicks.

back then, he no jumpshot, no abiltiy to create his own shot, limited slashing ability, and all he was good for was a low ranked highlight reel dunk.

all talent eh? that would explain why the Magic finished with a sub.500 record. though I must commend how your team nearly made the playoffs.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #51
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

As for Balkman, I actually feel a little bad for him. He's been hammered in the press for the past few days just because he was picked ahead of where he should have been.

Balkman is laughing all the way to the bank and you feel BAD for him. Please!!! The guy is still on cloud nine, he just HIT THE LOTTERY.

Besides, no one is pissed at Balkman, its Isiah taking the hit. I'm sure this Balkman kid is a hard worker and managed to get himself in the NBA scene through dedication. He's fine. Isiah is the load....

Last edited by bagelred : 06-30-2006 at 11:43 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #52
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

All Work and No Talent is Etan Thomas. Ariza has some talent. He doesn't have ballhandling talent or court vision but he can leap and run and move laterally, all he's gotta do is add a decent jumper and I can't see anything stopping him from being an impactful starter.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #53
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

How can you feel bad for Balkman. This is like... me, getting drafted in the first round. I'm not supposed to be drafted at all, just as much as this guy was. I'll take whatever pounding in the press I get if I get a guaranteed 15 million dollars whether I play one minute of NBA action or not. I can rot on the bench for 3 years and then be set for life. I'll see more money in that amount of time than 99% of America will see in their lives, COMBINED. And for what? I was not that good a player in college. Not a standout. Not talented. Don't bring anything to the table. I get rich beyond my wildest dreams because Isiah is an idiot. Screw the press. I'm the luckiest man alive.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #54
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
How can you feel bad for Balkman. This is like... me, getting drafted in the first round. I'm not supposed to be drafted at all, just as much as this guy was. I'll take whatever pounding in the press I get if I get a guaranteed 15 million dollars whether I play one minute of NBA action or not. I can rot on the bench for 3 years and then be set for life. I'll see more money in that amount of time than 99% of America will see in their lives, COMBINED. And for what? I was not that good a player in college. Not a standout. Not talented. Don't bring anything to the table. I get rich beyond my wildest dreams because Isiah is an idiot. Screw the press. I'm the luckiest man alive.

Exactly
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #55
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

i think Marcus Williams is disappointed he will not have a chance to get a max contract....
Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #56
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

i think philly should have picked up williams..poor williams wont see minutes until j kidd leaves and with the heart j kidd has, it might be awhile
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #57
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

Marcus gets to monopolize the garbage minutes, play the 2 next to JKidd (doesnt matter if he cant shoot, the Nets run three guards, RJ at the 4 and Twistic at the 5 for small lineups)
Old 06-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #58
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

VC you think boone will start over collins at pf?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #59
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

The Knicks are just amusing like that. It's like a big circus with Isiah the clown being the head dummy. I dont even think he has any idea of what he's doing.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #60
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

nah Collins is actually good on defense... everything but the shot blocking (think altering shots, changing passing lanes, drawing charges, hounding big men into bad shots, etc...)

Boone, if he is a boon, will swat shots ALonzo Mournign style.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: