Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far
Default OT - Lance Briggs

Daniel Snyder strikes again -- this guy is ruining my favorite team, Ive been a supporter of his until now, this is a terrible idea:

"...Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Bears' disgruntled Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs, told FOXSports.com that the Redskins informed him Monday that they would like to swing a deal that would send Washington's first-round pick, No. 6 overall, to Chicago for the Bears' first-rounder, No. 31, and Briggs.

When asked about such an offer Redskins owner Dan Snyder confirmed to FOXSports.com that he in fact wanted to make the move and they were waiting to talk to Chicago. In fact, Snyder spent a couple of minutes talking to Briggs, who showed up with Rosenhaus at the meeting..."
-FOXSports.com
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: OT - Lance Briggs

Bears need to just stop being stupid and pay that man, he's proven for years now in his young career that he's one of the better linebackers in the league.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:38 AM   #3
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Briggs is great, but the Bears are just being smart. They are already paying Urlacher top dollar. They just can't invest that kind of money into another linebacker when they have so many other holes, especially on offense..
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

They're offering the man 7mil next year, thats fine for him, he just wants more years added to it. He needs job security and I don't necessarily see the difference, why wouldn't you want to keep him long term? Its not smart at all. I don't necessarily know how the cap is for football, but giving him some signing bonuses and a couple years of guaranteed money won't hurt them that much more as compared to losing a player like him or just franchising him every year
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 AM   #5
melomavs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

melomavs has an OK reputation so far

OK my favorite coach came up with a idea called a point system to draft players. Of course this system is carried and followed by the league. Im talking about Jimmy Johnson team value point system which he used to help him draft some of the greats. If this trade go thru you giving 7th for 31st for a ok player. Points wise your going from 7th=2210 to 31st=900 that is a major jump and will lose.
melomavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Not a great deal but not a bad one either. Swap first rounders and the 'Skins get a really good OLB out the deal. Plus they are still in a position to get a decent CB, OL, or DL.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Deal isn't going to happen unless the Redskins throw in another pick. Redskins will probably give in because they're desperate idiots. I still don't know how a team can come in and initially offer a top 10 pick for a LB that wasn't even the 2nd most important player on his own defense.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope he sits out and walks next year. I can't stand the Bears/Cubs and their transplant bandwagon fans in W Michigan.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I hope he sits out and walks next year. I can't stand the Bears/Cubs and their transplant bandwagon fans in W Michigan.

Not a Cub fan but I don't know how anyone can continue to support the Lions. That franchise is just horrible. Millen should've been gone years ago.

And even without Briggs, Bears will walk away with that division. Packers haven't done anything of note and I expect nothing out of the other 2 bottom feeders.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Great deal for Chicago if it goes down. You go from 31 to 6? You can definately get your offensive gamebreaker finally there. Or they could trade down and get some extra picks and still land a good prospect. Bears most likely will daft defense
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #11
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Not a Cub fan but I don't know how anyone can continue to support the Lions. That franchise is just horrible. Millen should've been gone years ago.

And even without Briggs, Bears will walk away with that division. Packers haven't done anything of note and I expect nothing out of the other 2 bottom feeders.

Who said I'm a Lions fan? I just hate the Chicago fans in Michigan who weren't born in Illinois. Specifically Bear and Cubs, because no one's a White Sox or Blackhawk fan, that is until they win the World Series or are in the Western Conference Finals.

Damn bandwagoners.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Unbelievable.

It kills me to be a Skins fan sometimes.....check that, all the time. When will we ever learn??? Why do we continue to go after high-priced free agents at the expense of our draft when it's been proven that the way you get better is that draft or low-priced, steals of FAs. Why do we gotta try to make these big splashes then watch our salary cap go down the tubes while the wins don't exactly ever pile up???

It's been like this for 10 years. I'm not gonna blame Danny boy for it all because, in reality, he just wants to win. It's everyone's fault that's in charge. This dates back to us signing two f*cking stiffs Dana Stubblefield and Big Daddy Wilkinson to $70 mill then watch them do nothing for us. Signing Adam Archuleta to the highest ever contract for a safety to watch him not even start. BOTH B. Lloyd and Randel El to huge deals when we hardly even go vertical with our passing game. Then we resign overrated, not-even-that-productive players like Lavar and Chris Samuels to huge deals and watch them burn out.

We need to take lessons from teams like the Iggles and Pats, Steelers......the players who ask for big money and aren't exactly worth it need to get cut or not signed in the first place? Why add Briggs when we've got Washington on one side and can just put the decent Lemar Marshall on the other. OLB isn't a problem area.....we're gonna throw away a chance to get a great DE in the draft like Anderson or the kid from Clemson, which is a huge need, for an overpriced LB that probably won't even change our defense that much??

Pisses me off.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #13
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Does Lance Briggs have a three-point range?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

What?
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Does he have three-point range?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: