Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #16
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default Re: OT - Lance Briggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Unbelievable.

It kills me to be a Skins fan sometimes.....check that, all the time. When will we ever learn??? Why do we continue to go after high-priced free agents at the expense of our draft when it's been proven that the way you get better is that draft or low-priced, steals of FAs. Why do we gotta try to make these big splashes then watch our salary cap go down the tubes while the wins don't exactly ever pile up???

It's been like this for 10 years. I'm not gonna blame Danny boy for it all because, in reality, he just wants to win. It's everyone's fault that's in charge. This dates back to us signing two f*cking stiffs Dana Stubblefield and Big Daddy Wilkinson to $70 mill then watch them do nothing for us. Signing Adam Archuleta to the highest ever contract for a safety to watch him not even start. BOTH B. Lloyd and Randel El to huge deals when we hardly even go vertical with our passing game. Then we resign overrated, not-even-that-productive players like Lavar and Chris Samuels to huge deals and watch them burn out.

We need to take lessons from teams like the Iggles and Pats, Steelers......the players who ask for big money and aren't exactly worth it need to get cut or not signed in the first place? Why add Briggs when we've got Washington on one side and can just put the decent Lemar Marshall on the other. OLB isn't a problem area.....we're gonna throw away a chance to get a great DE in the draft like Anderson or the kid from Clemson, which is a huge need, for an overpriced LB that probably won't even change our defense that much??

Pisses me off.

Gaines Adams would be perfect for the Skins. Thats who I have them taking until i heard about this rumored deal since Monday. Maybe the holdup is either Chicago contemplating it (why???) or Briggs wanting a new deal which Wash will have to give him so the dollars and cents are being discussed possibly. Unless thats against the rules...dunno, just know Briggs aint playing for Chicago no time soon (might after 10gms) and Bears just need to trade him.

Skins havent made the smartest decisions in awhile. Its funny to read about thier wheelings and dealings. Thier shopping sprees. Danny boy aka Richie Rich arriving in a helicopter to watch practice that has a roster of underachievers, overpaid players for the most part. That said they may get a raw deal because they arent the only team that operates this way. I guess thier status is what gets them thier much attention? Not sure.

I do support the portis for champ trade tho.

Last edited by Voice of Reason : 03-28-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #17
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Does he have three-point range?
last time I check, he has awesome 3-pt range..
better yet...he'll be the best defender ever.
I hardly doubt every MJ or Kareem can survive from his tough D :
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #18
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

I supported and still support the Champ for Portis deal because Champ's last two years, he was getting burned. He probably is the best corner in the NFL and i changed my mind on him because he's flat out ballin for Denver but he was not a lockdown corner for the Redskins his final couple years. He was early on.

But even if he was it was a good deal, Portis has been very good for us and he's a great blocker too. You can't help but love his attitude. It is a little disconcerting though to think our cornerbacks outside of Springs cost us 3-4 games because Carlos Rogers has been poor to the point of being benched and our other corners are MIke Rumph and Kenny Watson who don't cover either. With Bailey we may not sign Springs, but with both of them we're excellent.

And Ladell Betts came in in like half a season and ran for 1200 yards. I don't want people to think Betts is better than Portis because he's not. But I do wonder sometimes if we NEED Portis like some other problem areas, especially on defense.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #19
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Gaines Adams would be perfect for the Skins. Thats who I have them taking until i heard about this rumored deal since Monday. Maybe the holdup is either Chicago contemplating it (why???) or Briggs wanting a new deal which Wash will have to give him so the dollars and cents are being discussed possibly. Unless thats against the rules...dunno, just know Briggs aint playing for Chicago no time soon (might after 10gms) and Bears just need to trade him.

Skins havent made the smartest decisions in awhile. Its funny to read about thier wheelings and dealings. Thier shopping sprees. Danny boy aka Richie Rich arriving in a helicopter to watch practice that has a roster of underachievers, overpaid players for the most part. That said they may get a raw deal because they arent the only team that operates this way. I guess thier status is what gets them thier much attention? Not sure.

I do support the portis for champ trade tho.

This whole story was completely fabricated by his agent (Drew R.). He made up this trade, Snyder liked it, but no one has even picked up a phone to talk to the Bears as of last night.

Drew is a slimeball, and as you can see on Sportscenter and message boards like these it works, and people think this **** is about to go down when in reality no one has even spoke with the Bears. His agent, Snyder, the GM, no one.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #20
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Quote:
is about to go down when in reality no one has even spoke with the Bears. His agent, Snyder, the GM, no one.

I know for a fact Briggs has talked with Gibbs, Vinny Cerrato and Snyder. I saw it on NBC4, Gibbs was talking about them. Drew may be a worm but where'd you get this information?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #21
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

Oh, spoke with the Bears. My mistake, i misread.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #22
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
I supported and still support the Champ for Portis deal because Champ's last two years, he was getting burned. He probably is the best corner in the NFL and i changed my mind on him because he's flat out ballin for Denver but he was not a lockdown corner for the Redskins his final couple years. He was early on.

But even if he was it was a good deal, Portis has been very good for us and he's a great blocker too. You can't help but love his attitude. It is a little disconcerting though to think our cornerbacks outside of Springs cost us 3-4 games because Carlos Rogers has been poor to the point of being benched and our other corners are MIke Rumph and Kenny Watson who don't cover either. With Bailey we may not sign Springs, but with both of them we're excellent.

And Ladell Betts came in in like half a season and ran for 1200 yards. I don't want people to think Betts is better than Portis because he's not. But I do wonder sometimes if we NEED Portis like some other problem areas, especially on defense.

Yeah to me the deal was two teams with needs and getting them via trade. Denver obviously needed a CB after getting toasted like Sunday morning breakfast. Want cheese with your eggs? And Wash needed that primetime RB. Something for Job Gibbs to feast on. People tried to diss on Portis for his success in Denver but they ignore the fact the mofo came out of the "U" with incredible talent. And he shows it...he's a game breaker and another personality as well. You got Gilbert and Portis...two wacky, funny dudes.

Betts is a good backup and some insurance for Portis in case he goes down or someone to give him a rest. Nice 1-2 but i think the Skins need to stay at 6 and address thier top problem which is on defense at the DE position. You get yourself a pass rusher ala Gaines Adams and it can give your DB's more help to make plays. You trade the 6th pick and you get Briggs and the 31rst pick...you then hope you can add a steal and i say steal because if I'm not mistaken the Redskins have no 2nd, 3rd or 4th round draft picks. Really puts the pressure on bigtime.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #23
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
This whole story was completely fabricated by his agent (Drew R.). He made up this trade, Snyder liked it, but no one has even picked up a phone to talk to the Bears as of last night.

Drew is a slimeball, and as you can see on Sportscenter and message boards like these it works, and people think this **** is about to go down when in reality no one has even spoke with the Bears. His agent, Snyder, the GM, no one.

Ahhhhhhhh i see. Didnt know that...just kept reading links on other football related boards about Danny Snyder campainging for Briggs and this trade. Devil errrr Drew Rosenhaus is at it again.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Drew may be a worm but where'd you get this information?

Fortunately, I can pick up Chicagoland ESPN1000 and get some decent sports radio here.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

There are a couple of good defensive players who will be available at 6th spot. My favorite is Landry who i hope goes to Vikings, Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye who is 19 years old(playe collage when he was 16 years old).
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #26
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I personally like it for the 'Skins. DT Alan Branch is falling and might be available if the 'Skins aggressively look to go from 31 to early to mid 20's.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #27
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I personally like it for the 'Skins. DT Alan Branch is falling and might be available if the 'Skins aggressively look to go from 31 to early to mid 20's.

Ok you're calling the shots in the war room. Dallas Cowboys are interested in giving up thier 22nd pick. Philly is interested in giving up thier 26th pick.

What are you offering besides the 31rst pick?

And there is no way Branch falls that low. Out of the top 10? Likely. Out of the top 15? No way. Into the 20's? He must have been busted with weed recently. But lets assume he is gonna go mid 20's.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #28
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

You gotta remember I'm the guy that still says they gave up far too much to get Clinton Portis and think he can be replaced by Ladell Betts.

Branch is falling due to his Pro Day workout. Scouts are upset cause he was clearly fatigued and looked "uninterested" during many of the drills. Plus now they are saying he plays "too high" and will have levarage issues throughout his carer.

Even the great draft guru Mel Kiper has him out of his top 25 on the big board. Mel Kiper is an annoying jackass who's not nearly as smart as he and ESPN believe but he does stay piped into the heads of scouts.

The fall may not be as dramatic as the stories suggest but Branch is slipping.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #29
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Even if he is there in the mid 20's i dont know what valuable assets the Skins have to move up from 31 to draft the guy. After this first round pick the Skins dont pick until the 5th round. Thier draft is over with the first day. Thats all I'm saying...Wash is struggling with pieces to add in a trade up. I dont know about 2008 draft and what picks they have/done have. You might have to give up the 31rst pick and next years 2nd rounder. As far as including a player, i dont know what they have you can package.

To walk away with Branch and Briggs wouldnt be a bad first day considering thier situation. But to get Branch is the question. You probably gotta pray he slips closer to your pick to make a move up easier.

As far as Eddie Muster...blah at his top 25. He got Reggie Nelson going low first round...i mean low low. Holy crap if the Eagles landed him I'd be on cloud nine! Draft next month...cant wait.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #30
Da KO King

Branch is by no means a sure thing. His stock might be slipping but I think it will pick back up. 'Skins could still land decent help at 31 though. Either quality O-Line depth or a CB that can compete for one of the top three spots on the depth chart.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: