Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Playoff berth

We just clinched a playoff berth.

Do you think we should let Novak, JL3 and V-Span play or go for home court advatage.

When i say play i mean in the rotation for the rest of the season.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: Playoff berth

I'm glad the Rockets clinched, they had too much talent not to. Now they just need to win a damn round!
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I'm glad the Rockets clinched, they had too much talent not to. Now they just need to win a damn round!

lol. now my biggest concern is, i hope they don't play utah. thats a tough team for houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
We just clinched a playoff berth.

Do you think we should let Novak, JL3 and V-Span play or go for home court advatage.

When i say play i mean in the rotation for the rest of the season.

yea they need to do that. i'm sure they will.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
A-MATT
Banned

[quote=Q.E.C]lol. now my biggest concern is, i hope they don't play utah. thats a tough team for houston.

Utah is easy we can beat them in a seven game series.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

[quote=A-MATT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
lol. now my biggest concern is, i hope they don't play utah. thats a tough team for houston.

Utah is easy we can beat them in a seven game series.

they have 4 scorers that are unselfish, thats tough. Boozer, Williams, Okur, and fisher. then for defence they have boozer and kirilenko. that's a really tough line-up.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
A-MATT
Banned

[quote=Q.E.C]
Quote:

they have 4 scorers that are unselfish, thats tough. Boozer, Williams, Okur, and fisher. then for defence they have boozer and kirilenko. that's a really tough line-up.

did u not see the rockets vs utah game at toyota center?

the blew the snot out of utah.

If we get home court advantage we will win the series.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #7
Q.E.C
нυєy

[quote=A-MATT]
Quote:

did u not see the rockets vs utah game at toyota center?

the blew the snot out of utah.

If we get home court advantage we will win the series.

regular season is different from play-offs, and rockets can't seem to get the job done in the play-offs.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
A-MATT
Banned

[quote=Q.E.C]
Quote:

regular season is different from play-offs, and rockets can't seem to get the job done in the play-offs.

the rockets play the jazz the last game of the season and whoever wins that game will have momentom in the playoffs.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

[quote=A-MATT]
Quote:

the rockets play the jazz the last game of the season and whoever wins that game will have momentom in the playoffs.

That game will only be important if home court is on the line. If come game 82, it dosen't matter if the Rockest win or lose, then Novak, John Lucas and the guys will be playing. Now if the game does matter, then Mac/Yao and the boys will suit up.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

[quote=L.Kizzle]
Quote:

That game will only be important if home court is on the line. If come game 82, it dosen't matter if the Rockest win or lose, then Novak, John Lucas and the guys will be playing. Now if the game does matter, then Mac/Yao and the boys will suit up.
I don't think that home court advantage will be of extreme importance to them in the 1st round.. Not if they are 4th or 5th. However, I just wish that 4 and 5 would go to the lakers and rockets so that we could've seen T-mac and Kobe in round 1. Now that like won't happen.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Home court advantage is very important in ANY playoff series, especially the first round. I doubt we will see Novak and V-Span playing unless its garbage time. They are defensive liabilities and as we all know, if you dont play defense, you dont play for JVG. I believe we will see more of John Lucas at the point if Rafer is having a bad night. Head is not a true point guard and he commits too many turnovers for the minutes he plays.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Home court advantage is very important in ANY playoff series, especially the first round. I doubt we will see Novak and V-Span playing unless its garbage time. They are defensive liabilities and as we all know, if you dont play defense, you dont play for JVG. I believe we will see more of John Lucas at the point if Rafer is having a bad night. Head is not a true point guard and he commits too many turnovers for the minutes he plays.

luther head get's a lot of 3 pointers though. and he also averages double digits off the bench.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #13
A-MATT
Banned

Quote:
luther head get's a lot of 3 pointers though. and he also averages double digits off the bench.

But he aint good enough to start though.

He is jus a good bench player.

Cant run point guard.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: