Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
A-MATT
Banned
 
A-MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,447
A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Playoff berth

We just clinched a playoff berth.

Do you think we should let Novak, JL3 and V-Span play or go for home court advatage.

When i say play i mean in the rotation for the rest of the season.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: Playoff berth

I'm glad the Rockets clinched, they had too much talent not to. Now they just need to win a damn round!
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Playoff berth

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I'm glad the Rockets clinched, they had too much talent not to. Now they just need to win a damn round!

lol. now my biggest concern is, i hope they don't play utah. thats a tough team for houston.


Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
We just clinched a playoff berth.

Do you think we should let Novak, JL3 and V-Span play or go for home court advatage.

When i say play i mean in the rotation for the rest of the season.

yea they need to do that. i'm sure they will.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
A-MATT
Banned
 
A-MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,447
A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=Q.E.C]lol. now my biggest concern is, i hope they don't play utah. thats a tough team for houston.

Utah is easy we can beat them in a seven game series.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=A-MATT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
lol. now my biggest concern is, i hope they don't play utah. thats a tough team for houston.

Utah is easy we can beat them in a seven game series.


they have 4 scorers that are unselfish, thats tough. Boozer, Williams, Okur, and fisher. then for defence they have boozer and kirilenko. that's a really tough line-up.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
A-MATT
Banned
 
A-MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,447
A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=Q.E.C]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT


they have 4 scorers that are unselfish, thats tough. Boozer, Williams, Okur, and fisher. then for defence they have boozer and kirilenko. that's a really tough line-up.

did u not see the rockets vs utah game at toyota center?

the blew the snot out of utah.

If we get home court advantage we will win the series.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #7
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=A-MATT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C

did u not see the rockets vs utah game at toyota center?

the blew the snot out of utah.

If we get home court advantage we will win the series.

regular season is different from play-offs, and rockets can't seem to get the job done in the play-offs.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
A-MATT
Banned
 
A-MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,447
A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=Q.E.C]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT

regular season is different from play-offs, and rockets can't seem to get the job done in the play-offs.

the rockets play the jazz the last game of the season and whoever wins that game will have momentom in the playoffs.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,969
L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=A-MATT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C

the rockets play the jazz the last game of the season and whoever wins that game will have momentom in the playoffs.

That game will only be important if home court is on the line. If come game 82, it dosen't matter if the Rockest win or lose, then Novak, John Lucas and the guys will be playing. Now if the game does matter, then Mac/Yao and the boys will suit up.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: Playoff berth

[quote=L.Kizzle]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT

That game will only be important if home court is on the line. If come game 82, it dosen't matter if the Rockest win or lose, then Novak, John Lucas and the guys will be playing. Now if the game does matter, then Mac/Yao and the boys will suit up.
I don't think that home court advantage will be of extreme importance to them in the 1st round.. Not if they are 4th or 5th. However, I just wish that 4 and 5 would go to the lakers and rockets so that we could've seen T-mac and Kobe in round 1. Now that like won't happen.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
Ballastic
<////////////}~
 
Ballastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Ballastic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoff berth

Home court advantage is very important in ANY playoff series, especially the first round. I doubt we will see Novak and V-Span playing unless its garbage time. They are defensive liabilities and as we all know, if you dont play defense, you dont play for JVG. I believe we will see more of John Lucas at the point if Rafer is having a bad night. Head is not a true point guard and he commits too many turnovers for the minutes he plays.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Playoff berth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Home court advantage is very important in ANY playoff series, especially the first round. I doubt we will see Novak and V-Span playing unless its garbage time. They are defensive liabilities and as we all know, if you dont play defense, you dont play for JVG. I believe we will see more of John Lucas at the point if Rafer is having a bad night. Head is not a true point guard and he commits too many turnovers for the minutes he plays.

luther head get's a lot of 3 pointers though. and he also averages double digits off the bench.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #13
A-MATT
Banned
 
A-MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,447
A-MATT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Playoff berth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
luther head get's a lot of 3 pointers though. and he also averages double digits off the bench.

But he aint good enough to start though.

He is jus a good bench player.

Cant run point guard.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy