Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #31
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Default Re: InsideHoops 100 shots challenge - Do you have what it takes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I want to do it, but I don't get off until 7pm Eastern. And then I gotta go to the park to do it

I have a blacktop driveway with a permanent hoop sunk into the ground. I can shoot 3's from straight away without moving the cars, but when they're parked I lose the right wing 3, and the left wing 3+elbow. One corner is low, one corner is high but the middle of the court is flat. Plus I have tree shade
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #32
Dro
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
I have a blacktop driveway with a permanent hoop sunk into the ground. I can shoot 3's from straight away without moving the cars, but when they're parked I lose the right wing 3, and the left wing 3+elbow. One corner is low, one corner is high but the middle of the court is flat. Plus I have tree shade
Its been hot as hell here........If I go to the park, I might die, lol..I got asthma too, the humidity is killing me. We have a lack of places here to hoop inside somewhere without either paying or being a part of some group or organization......
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #33
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
LOL what? When did he say this? Either he's a pro ball player, or he works at an arcade that is really slow which in turn allows him to play pop a shot all day. Otherwise, how is that even possible?

Said it many times...

At this moment im probably out there shooting on average up to 2 hours per day (lucky to have a beautiful court right outside here) with peaks of up to 5-6 hours, before that, before i gave organized basketball up i was horribly serious unlike maybe anybody you personally knew, not only was i playing organized basketball since the age of 10 (around 15 years) but for many years i used to spend 2-3 hours before and after team practice (which was ~2 hours) mostly shooting inside or outside... up to 8 hours per day, i was out there, i have honestly never met anybody personally who was obsessed as me.... snow, rain at times, skipped school many times just to spend time shooting, went home & watched basketball & was then dreaming basketball... i didnt give a damn... it was life, it was love, obsession.... I played up to a professional level here around Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia/Montenegro...

Im not exactly like that today, but i still find basketball = my sanctuary.... and i can still go crazy, i mean if you find me a nice court & give me a spalding, i have nothing else more important to do i can be there the entire day just shooting (well ofcourse, i might take a break to drink/eat).... doesnt take much energy and for me there is nothing else more fun than hearing the echoes of the ball & net/swish as an outcome of my sexy form/stroke.... :)

So not exactly as Chazzy put it, but i honestly believe i could outshoot many NBA players, like for example in a 3pt or FT contest...

Last edited by pauk : 08-28-2014 at 09:56 PM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #34
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
how will you find the time with your Kobe Bryant flop project that seems to be taking....

forever to complete....

...ah yea that to, you cant have everything you want guys.... :)

PS: Its not Kobe, i went with Jordan.... figured if he did it, then anybody else did...

Last edited by pauk : 08-28-2014 at 09:38 PM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #35
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

we'll make u full rep bars if u deliver and proof that it's u of course
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #36
FKAri
NBA All-star

George Lucas gonna be helping me make my video. I'll have blindfolds, 3pt line dunks and everything.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #37
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Hit the court like Dirk Nowitzki, hit the club like Dirk Nowitzki
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #38
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I can win this easily, whats the price... ? :)

$5

When might you be able to make the video? Looking forward to seeing yours and Theoos. Apparently he has a nice shot
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #39
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
pauk dont let us down give us ur best jerry west impression after all that 8 hours a day rain sleet snow or shine talk

or plot-twist, was he actually practicing his reggie miller trash talk and not at concerned about backing it up?
I expect an upload of you shooting around with a stereo playing the epic music you use in all your highlights
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #40
Asukal
Great college starter

pauk are you wilt's son by any chance?
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #41
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
I can win this easily, whats the price... ? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
$5

When might you be able to make the video? Looking forward to seeing yours and Theoos. Apparently he has a nice shot

If anyone trusts me enough with their address to get it that is

http://37.media.tumblr.com/2984ca7ad...5w4o4_1280.jpg
Old 08-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #42
HurricaneKid
College superstar

I haven't touched a basketball in 3 mos but I promise I get 90 if its 80FTs, 10X3s and 10X10 footers.

But I don't put my likeness online (especially at a joint like this) so unless there is a pile of cash in this for me I probably won't do it.
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:22 PM   #43
CavaliersFTW
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
I expect an upload of you shooting around with a stereo playing the epic music you use in all your highlights
I actually used to film games I play in in my rec league, maybe someday I'll make a mix of my team

I've got a camera, don't have a court to practice or shoot 100 shots on though unless maybe I woke up early, every indoor and outdoor court in my area is usually packed. I expect to make about 25% of my shots if I find some time to accept the challenge though. Maybe 1 out of 10 3's. I'm a straight up awful shooter, I'm a layup artist and a 12 foot-in shooter
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #44
Nuff Said
These hoes ain't loyal

Quote:
Said it many times...

At this moment im probably out there shooting on average up to 2 hours per day (lucky to have a beautiful court right outside here) with peaks of up to 5-6 hours, before that, before i gave organized basketball up i was horribly serious unlike maybe anybody you personally knew, not only was i playing organized basketball since the age of 10 (around 15 years) but for many years i used to spend 2-3 hours before and after team practice (which was ~2 hours) mostly shooting inside or outside... up to 8 hours per day, i was out there, i have honestly never met anybody personally who was obsessed as me.... snow, rain at times, skipped school many times just to spend time shooting, went home & watched basketball & was then dreaming basketball... i didnt give a damn... it was life, it was love, obsession.... I played up to a professional level here around Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia/Montenegro...

Im not exactly like that today, but i still find basketball = my sanctuary.... and i can still go crazy, i mean if you find me a nice court & give me a spalding, i have nothing else more important to do i can be there the entire day just shooting (well ofcourse, i might take a break to drink/eat).... doesnt take much energy and for me there is nothing else more fun than hearing the echoes of the ball & net/swish as an outcome of my sexy form/stroke.... :)

So not exactly as Chazzy put it, but i honestly believe i could outshoot many NBA players, like for example in a 3pt or FT contest...

Do you work?
Nuff Said is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #45
dreamwarrior
Good High School Starter

I shot 20 jump shots and 10 FT's yesterday. 9 of 10 inside the 3, 1 of 10 from 3 (first time non flat footed), and 6 of 10 FT's. I'll do take 100 next time and will upload a vid.
dreamwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: