Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Thank you, NY, for giving us the cap space to get Ben Wallace. From: Chicago

Oh how we wake up in the morning and thank the Knicks! You guys took Eddy and his new big contract and we were able to snag Ben Wallace from the Knicks with that cap space. Thank you so much! We were also able to draft Tyrus Thomas with that 2nd pick. I now hope that the Knicks don't make the playoffs next year so we can swap picks with you guys. In the perfect world it would be the number one pick and Oden comes out for the draft. Unlikely, but that's ok. We'll take Big Ben and Tyrus any day. Thanks again....from the fans of the 2007 Central Division champs: Chicago Bulls! (can't we think big?)
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

that dude is a d#ck head because first of all they didnt even want to get rid of curry and they offered him the same contract new york gave him.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

Thank Isiah thomas your dumb@ss chi-town native not NY.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Oh how we wake up in the morning and thank the Knicks! You guys took Eddy and his new big contract and we were able to snag Ben Wallace from the Knicks with that cap space. Thank you so much! We were also able to draft Tyrus Thomas with that 2nd pick. I now hope that the Knicks don't make the playoffs next year so we can swap picks with you guys. In the perfect world it would be the number one pick and Oden comes out for the draft. Unlikely, but that's ok. We'll take Big Ben and Tyrus any day. Thanks again....from the fans of the 2007 Central Division champs: Chicago Bulls! (can't we think big?)

You must have been high when you wrote this. Thats ok, most Bulls fans seem to be high right now. You are not looking at whats going to happen because of this. Without that cap room you guy won't be able to resign Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich next year. Without their scoring you will lose. And noone will take Tyson Chandlers outragous contract from you guys
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
vmdv12

Ok, you're right! Thanks Mr. Thomas. But seriously..what's the mood out there? Do you guys like Eddy Curry? I actually didn't want him to leave. I don't understand how the Knicks lost so many games with that talent.

Oh and to the guy that said no one would take Chandler...the Bulls are getting many calls for Chandler. They always have. Isiah took Curry when many "experts" said no one would. He appeared to be damaged goods. John Paxson is not dumb enough to trade for Wallace and lose Hinrich AND Gordon. Let's be real. Rumor is Tyson to Hornets for expiring contract of PJ Brown..which would allow Bulls to resign EVERYONE! ORRRRR...Tyson, Deng and Tyrus Thomas to Wolves for KG. Keep in mind..you don't need cap space to resign your own players, BUT the luxury tax hurts. Once again..please respond about Eddy. He was bashed by the media all day over here. When he left..they started bashing Tyson.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Ok, you're right! Thanks Mr. Thomas. But seriously..what's the mood out there? Do you guys like Eddy Curry? I actually didn't want him to leave. I don't understand how the Knicks lost so many games with that talent.

Oh and to the guy that said no one would take Chandler...the Bulls are getting many calls for Chandler. They always have. Isiah took Curry when many "experts" said no one would. He appeared to be damaged goods. John Paxson is not dumb enough to trade for Wallace and lose Hinrich AND Gordon. Let's be real. Rumor is Tyson to Hornets for expiring contract of PJ Brown..which would allow Bulls to resign EVERYONE! ORRRRR...Tyson, Deng and Tyrus Thomas to Wolves for KG. Keep in mind..you don't need cap space to resign your own players, BUT the luxury tax hurts. Once again..please respond about Eddy. He was bashed by the media all day over here. When he left..they started bashing Tyson.

I like Curry, his defensive needs to improve and he needs to stop picking up silly fouls, but once that improves he'll be a good player
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
vmdv12

I remember my brother thought Curry sucked because he read the Chicago papers a little too much! I like his offense, but his defense sucks. He's the fastest dunker in the NBA. Anyways, I went to my brothers house to watch the game and Curry scored 19 points in the first quarter! We would feed him the ball early in the game which would open it up for Gordon and Hinrich the rest of the game. I must admit that when Curry was traded..I was pissed! I thought the Knicks would kill with him and Q being added. What the hell happened???? At times I still wish Eddy and Tyson were still together. Oh well....so...are you guys ready for Kenyon Martin? Looks like he might be on his way to NY!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i hope not we got enough f*cked up contrast we dont need more and besides channing fyre will be a future all-star.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

i like eddy curry..a lot
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #10
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

When I first saw Eddy Curry...I was impressed with his offensive game...and then I saw how easily teams were able to get him into foul trouble and was majorly dissapointed by how weak his rebounding skills were.

Toward the end of the season...he did seem to improve in both areas and start blocking shots as well!

Hopefully he stays healthy and continues to improve...if not then it was a really ****ty trade of a lottery pick.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
vmdv12

I thought Frye was a stupid pick. Shows what I know. Hey, Isiah gets NO credit for drafting Frye...they just focus on the bad ones lol. Go Bulls
Old 07-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #12
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

The bulls just made it to the playoffs last season, and now just because they add ben (who can't score for his life) they are the team to beat?
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #13
Summit42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Summit42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Aw man, this is too funny. It must be hard being a Knicks for at least the next 5 more seasons. At least ya'll are not jumping bandwagons and buying wade jerseys.
Summit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #14
jordan23

i agree kf4l we dont want want that animal on our team but we did make one mistake by giving you the second pick
Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far

Be sure to thank us in 3 years when Wallace can't get up and down the court anymore and his contract is an albatross on your cap. We have bookoo bucks coming off the cap after 07. So congrats, you can keep Wallace and his 7 ppg, abd .540 FT percentage. Thank us when you have to bench him in the 4th quarter of the playoffs because he is a FT liability.
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: