Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #16
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Re: How's My Jumpshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Your form (how your arms hold the ball) & followthrough (release, wrist) looks ok, you dont have to change that..... BUT....

*The aim/release point is way to low... its almost like you are firing it of from your chin/neck. Bring the ball above your forehead and shoot/release it at a 45-50 degree angle (give or take from 3pt line), simply just higher, much higher than you do now...

*Your shot comes way to early, you are basically firing it of soon as you jump.... you should jump first & then fire it of at the highest point releasing the ball almost as you are coming down, you are doing what i call a "push-shot" using your legs to force the ball out instead of a jump-shot.

This is a common shot for those who do not have enough strength to shoot a textbook jumper comfortably from the 3PT line (this was the case for me at least when i started)..... that, or a bad habit...

Do this, go closer to the rim, 10-15 feet and do what i said above and/or simply just study THIS picture:

Then start doing this further and further back towards the 3pt line, the moment you notice a notable change (where you need to re-adjust in order to get the ball to the rim) then THAT will be your max range and if you want to increase the range from where you can do this "textbook shot" then you need to workout asap!

I'll post another video tomorrow. And copy this shooting form. It's still raining here
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: