Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Default Cavs want Francis.

Hurry up and buy him out. They can have him.

How desperate are they?
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Default Re: Cavs want Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Hurry up and buy him out. They can have him.

How desperate are they?

Yeah I have no idea what the Cavs would do with Francis unless they figure that he could help make a push in the playoffs and then just dump him at the end of the year.

But by all means lets get him out of here.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

You know, to what point? His salary will still count on the cap... i say let him stay one more year, in 2008 he will be a expiring contract, maybe by then there will be a disgruntled superstar somewhere, maybe there will be a team that will pick him up at the start of the season.
I understand the Jalen Rose buyout, there no way the Knicks could trade him and comit to another 17$ long term contract with already Marbury and Francis in the boat, but buying Francis contrat makes less sense.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
You know, to what point? His salary will still count on the cap... i say let him stay one more year, in 2008 he will be a expiring contract, maybe by then there will be a disgruntled superstar somewhere, maybe there will be a team that will pick him up at the start of the season.
I understand the Jalen Rose buyout, there no way the Knicks could trade him and comit to another 17$ long term contract with already Marbury and Francis in the boat, but buying Francis contrat makes less sense.

Buying out his contract with the way he's playing makes ALOT of sense. ALOT. There is money to spend with all the money Dolan throws around extending Zeke's contract and signing that scrub James for that amount of money. Yeah, buy him out. Let the Cavs get this offensive headache.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
TheOakman
I hit open layups

We are paying Jalen Rose about 15 million this year and we are paying Allan Houston about 20 million this year.

I admit its always easy to just say sure buy him out when its not our 15 million, but Steve Francis will not be a contributor next year. This is a team rebuilding (I guess you can call it that) and Francis is a disgruntled veteran who will complain about playing time, disrupt chemistry, and stunt the grunt of others. I would rather pay him 15 million not to do that next year.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I really would like to see us clean house.

Francis on draft day for a second rounder and some expiring contract would suit me fine.

Then dump the expiring contract and the #2 for a later #1. Than use the 2 #1's to move up and find a real SG or SF. If there is none than use at least one to find another good ball handling big guard like Collins and someone who can shoot either SG or SF.

Say goodbye to James, I can't take it anymore.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
knicks15
Local High School Star

cavs wanting him does not help us cuz theyre looking to sign him if the knicks buy him out. once the knicks buy him out who cares who wants him, he wont be on the team, well be paying him and we wont get anything for him. i dont really agree with buying him out. i mean the only benefit is getting him off the team. his time with the knicks will have worked out to about 1 year for $40 million. we've been paying allan houston 20 mill a year since he left, jalen rose 15 mill, mo taylor 10 mill, shandon anderson 8 mill, and larry brown 40 mill or whatever for 1 year. u cant just buy everyone out.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

we are not paying a major portion of Houston's contract I believe thats covered by insurance...
I say keep him and trade him for a draft pick later...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Trading him though makes no sense:
1. We would have to take back a huge contract in return and does anybody really have any faith or confidence that Zeke can pull this off. We will probably end up trading him for some washed up player with 3 years left at 16million. Or a bunch of Mo Taylor's making 8-10 million per year for 3 years.

2. I don't think there is any demand for Steve Francis. the Cavs are interested after we pay him. I don't know if there are any teams that are going to give us expiring contracts and a draft pick for him!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I think that's the problem with the whole NBA and it's system.

Too many guaranteed big contracts, too many problem players and cancer type me-ballers (Francis) and the system itself which makes it so hard to put together a team with chemistry.

It makes it look like teams are always picking through the trash for players.

The best thing Stern ever did was make the minimum age 19. These guys need to learn discipline and mature before they can be given millions of dollars.

I think the NBA also must invest in there minor league to develop players.

Although I applaud the Knicks for signing Morris he should have spent time in some type of minor league as well as the summer league before he even put on a Knick uniform.

Just get whatever you can for the bum (Francis) and move on. Some clean nice white cotton towels would be fine with me.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
The best thing Stern ever did was make the minimum age 19. These guys need to learn discipline and mature before they can be given millions of dollars.

I think the NBA also must invest in there minor league to develop players.

Although I applaud the Knicks for signing Morris he should have spent time in some type of minor league as well as the summer league before he even put on a Knick uniform.

I thing you make some great points. The minimum age is a requirement and I would not be surprised to see them up the minimum age to 20 when they do the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. Just look at Greg Oden, the guy has so much physical talent, but you can tell by watching him that he has to develop his game alot. He would get so much more out of another year of playing ball.

And I think you are right about Morris. The guy would gain so much more from playing another year in college or if he played in a developmental league. Right now he is just going to sit on the bench and do nothing except perhaps get frustrated.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

That crumb Steve Francis should rot on the bench. Enough buyouts. Man up and play. Or sit your ass down.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Dolan can afford the buyout. he owns Cablevision for crying out loud. a fraction of the bill I pay to watch... the NETS... goes to pay for Francis' contract. go figure. at least if they buy him out, his money counts to the cap less than if his contract were burned away/expired/etc.. unless Knicks can get expirers for him.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:41 AM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Trading him though makes no sense:
1. We would have to take back a huge contract in return and does anybody really have any faith or confidence that Zeke can pull this off. We will probably end up trading him for some washed up player with 3 years left at 16million. Or a bunch of Mo Taylor's making 8-10 million per year for 3 years.

better than paying someone 16 mill for 3 years to be playing for another team
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #15
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
better than paying someone 16 mill for 3 years to be playing for another team

Your misunderstanding. I would rather just buy him out for the last year on the contract than trade him and in return get a big contract for more years. Last year we traded Anfernee Hardway who had an expiring contract and took back the same salary basically but for more years.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: