Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far
Default enough with the injuries

i cant listen to isiah and some of these homer schills in the media make excuses anymore, other teams have far more sig injuries then we have had. the heat lost wade and are playing with a team full of geizers, the nets lost there 2nd and 3rd leading scorers for most of the year, the celtics lost piece for a while, the jazz lost boozer, injuries are a part of bball, everyone gets them. even when we were fully healthy we werent winning, the best this team has been all year is 5 games under 500, we have been between 5-10 games under all year.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: enough with the injuries

I understand what you mean, we just started playing good and all the players began to gel togerther.

We Lost Lee - Double Double Machine

Jamal Crawford - Our Best Scorer down the stretch, Clutch.

Quentin Richardson - 3 Point Threat

Injuries is part of the game but we wouldn't lose half the games we've been losing down the stretch with these players.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Garbajos went down and that other kid for appendicitis and I'm sure the Raptors will still win. Injuries are a crutch to the Knicks, especially Zeke. There best excuse.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Garbajos went down and that other kid for appendicitis and I'm sure the Raptors will still win. Injuries are a crutch to the Knicks, especially Zeke. There best excuse.

Do you think these two injuries are close to ours?
These guys are good and all but not like the guys we lost.
They lost them with 12 games left.

We lost Lee and Crawford with more games left. and Q.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Mitch Lawrence had an excellent column in the Daily News about this yesterday. First he made an excellent point that even with our full roster the best we were all year is 5 games under .500. So its not like we were even any good before the injuries, we were 5 gmaes below .500 in one of the worst conferences in years. It was an excellent article which showed the glaring weakness of Zeke.

Zeke is playing up the injuries in hopes that it will distract the fans from his coaching flaws and the flaws of this team. Whenever a team starts playing the injury card its just a bad excuse. What does injuries have to do with the players on the court not playing hard, or not giving effort on defense or Curry not knowing how to pass out of a double team.

Every team has injuries, please don't insult our basketball intelligence Zeke.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che

Those two guys KILLED the Knicks in Toronto. Yeah, they are awesome. I think they lose more than we do. They won't use their injuries as a crutch to lose. I'm sure now they'll keep winning regardles.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Mitch Lawrence had an excellent column in the Daily News about this yesterday. First he made an excellent point that even with our full roster the best we were all year is 5 games under .500. So its not like we were even any good before the injuries, we were 5 gmaes below .500 in one of the worst conferences in years. It was an excellent article which showed the glaring weakness of Zeke.

Zeke is playing up the injuries in hopes that it will distract the fans from his coaching flaws and the flaws of this team. Whenever a team starts playing the injury card its just a bad excuse. What does injuries have to do with the players on the court not playing hard, or not giving effort on defense or Curry not knowing how to pass out of a double team.

Every team has injuries, please don't insult our basketball intelligence Zeke.

I agree, this team was below .500 with everybody and they will remain that way. The knicks roster...coach and GM suck.
jjswifty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che

those 2 might not be but how about wade they lost him a while ago and those geizers never lose anymore, the nets lost kristic and jefferson, the warriors lost davis and richardson, injuries happen, i dont hear the nets or heat complaining about injuries but yet isiah throws that out there every chance he gets.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt24
i cant listen to isiah and some of these homer schills in the media make excuses anymore, other teams have far more sig injuries then we have had. the heat lost wade and are playing with a team full of geizers, the nets lost there 2nd and 3rd leading scorers for most of the year, the celtics lost piece for a while, the jazz lost boozer, injuries are a part of bball, everyone gets them. even when we were fully healthy we werent winning, the best this team has been all year is 5 games under 500, we have been between 5-10 games under all year.

what u sayin doesnt make sense. the teams u talkin lost 1 or 2 guys. the knicks are without 3 extremely key guys. and the knicks have been struggling on offense these last 2-3 weeks. jamal average like 17-18 points, q average lik 13-14 and lee averaged 11-12 points a game.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

We lost the heart and soul of this team.

Q was a leader on and off the court.

Lee is the real deal, a double double every night....that's a lot to loose.

Crawford with all his deficiencies was still someone who could put up 30+ points if he gets hot.

That's just too much for any team.

I was hoping some guys would step up and come through, they haven't.

I'm very disappointed in certain players, especially Frye.

But that's a lot to put on a second year player and I think Zeke has ruined this guy already.

He never lets Frye get into the flow of a game and always pulls him for long stretches. He's a shooter and they have to find a rhythm. You can't do that on the bench. Part of it is Frye's fault by not being more like Lee and hitting the boards hard. I think if he did Isiah would play him more minutes. But conversely in the beginning of the season he did and he got into it with Curry a few times over rebounds, so I think he is confused, he certainly looks it.

Not to mention Frye's terrible post up moves. Curry's not much better in the low post against a good defender.

So we lost 2 outside shooter in Q and Craw and there is nobody other than Marbury to kick it out to and for the other team to worry about.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know we have a lot of key injuries. But the question remains.....did we have a winning record before all these injruies? No.

We may have gotten better over the course of the season, true, but we still was fighting for a playoff spot in this terrible conference.

We have been poor defensively all season and turnovers have killed us too.

We can't shoot free throws, nobody blocks shots and our assist leader only gets 5 a game. We ddidnt have an identity at all this season.
We get our ass kicked on our own floor.

Injuries are an excuse. A weak one.

NJ had injuries.
Toronto, Miami, Orlando, had some too. But they have heart, will and desire. Something our team has very little of.

Marbury and Balkman have performed all year. I feel for them. Curry is being exploited as the one-quarter dimensional player he is.

I'm not happy with this team. We are not as deep as the claim was made.

Who did we have in the 90's with Ewing? A group of guys who laid it on the floor EVERY night. There was no Jerome James type on those teams. There was no useless Steve Francis-type. Crawford although streaky like Starks is in no way as good. There isn't a single player on our roster who takes pride in defense.

We lost BEFORE the injuries.
We will AFTER also.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Pat Riley and Jeff Van Gundy.

That's the difference more than anything else.

Do you think Jerome James would ever see the floor with both of them coaching?

Van Gundy got rid of Francis as soon as he saw some of his Me-Balling attitude.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Pat Riley and Jeff Van Gundy.

That's the difference more than anything else.

Do you think Jerome James would ever see the floor with both of them coaching?

Van Gundy got rid of Francis as soon as he saw some of his Me-Balling attitude.

Amen. Over half our roster wouldn't be here if they were here. They believed in playing great team ball, something our group has no clue of.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: