Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #16
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Joakim Noah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBall280
yeah really and he is about to win his 2nd national title in a row.

I sure hope not, and he will be nothing in the NBA.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #17
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

He had a great tournament last year. He has not played as well this year. I think he is a very good college player but just because you are a very good college player and you win an NCAA title does not mean you will be a good NBA player. He is still raw. Needs to add muscle and has to improve his fundamentals. He has an absolutely crappy release and spin on his free throw and shot. He is not a great dribbler. He will get knocked around in the NBA. IMO he is not NBA ready.

Pervis Ellison of Louisville 20 years ago who won an NCAA title comes to mind as a guy who was considered a top notch college player but he did not fulfill NBA expectations. There are others like him.

Noah was considered to be a top pick last year but I am not convinced he would have done that well this year in the NBA if he declared in 2006.

Last edited by huppcap : 04-02-2007 at 09:54 AM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #18
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

noah will b something in nba
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #19
idratherbeballin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

idratherbeballin has an OK reputation so far

i really thing noah is garbage
idratherbeballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 AM   #20
FrenchDude
Decent playground baller

FrenchDude has an OK reputation so far

Its funny, here in France people talk about him like he's a future NBA all star & the best college player in NCAA after Oden and Durant.
I think they expect a lot because of his father & grandfather (soccer pro, former winner of the French Cup).
FrenchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
bruinballer
Decent playground baller

bruinballer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
stop hatin

more like lack of respectin'... while it's been like a week since the game against my boyz, all i really remember from noah was his riding the pine... most of his points came in garbage time... i distinctly remember him on the free throw line, announcer mentioning that he just has to make the free throw for a double-double, and then he proceeded to go "clank, clank"

I just find it hard to respect his play.. he really wasn't responsible for florida's win over ucla... while i never was a huge oden fan, his play in the championship game made me respect him... too bad that i honestly can't say the same for noah...

my two cents
bruinballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Noah will be a Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby type. Oden has a chance to be a franchise big man.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #23
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinballer
more like lack of respectin'... while it's been like a week since the game against my boyz, all i really remember from noah was his riding the pine... most of his points came in garbage time... i distinctly remember him on the free throw line, announcer mentioning that he just has to make the free throw for a double-double, and then he proceeded to go "clank, clank"

I just find it hard to respect his play.. he really wasn't responsible for florida's win over ucla... while i never was a huge oden fan, his play in the championship game made me respect him... too bad that i honestly can't say the same for noah...

my two cents

Must say something about your team. Noah, one of their top scorers, rebounders, and shot blockers can not play and UCLA still lose.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #24
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Biggly
Noah will be a Tyson Chandler/Marcus Camby type. Oden has a chance to be a franchise big man.
Try Anderson Varejao or however you spell his name.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #25
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Must say something about your team. Noah, one of their top scorers, rebounders, and shot blockers can not play and UCLA still lose.
I'm still trying to figure out what he's actually talking about by riding the pine. Noah played 33 minutes in that game. And though he didn't score a lot of points in that game (no field goals in first half and a horrible freethrow shooting performance) he didn't get any points in garbage time. That is unless BruinBaller thought the game was already out of hand at halftime.

http://gatorzone.com/basketball/men/...=6786#GAME.PLY

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 04-08-2007 at 09:18 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Try Anderson Varejao or however you spell his name.

i don't know, i think Joakim can be a better defender in the NBA. He'll need to work on his conditioning though. He seems to get tired way too quick, otherwise he'll just be a Ronny Turiaf/Varajao type of "boost of the bench" player. The real question is is Noah even the best NBA prospect on his own team? I'd take Corey Brewer over him.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: