Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default studying for my test

supply - women in politics. # of women in society, less #s , education increased, so womens place in politices increased. more women working now and dont have time for politics.

demand -- polling states data says people dont wanna vote for women.

traditional selection method - way of choosing candidates instead of election. correlated with city size. mainly in rural areas. 1/6 of mexico uses it. low levels of women participation.

gender quotes - relection prohibitions , no job security. alternate positions. family member bans (wife cant follow political husband). TSM.
gender quota laws - only allow so many women in party. raised from 30 -> 50 % in 2002.

1985 earthquake -- mexico city struck by earthquake sept 19 .. 8.1 on the richter scale. 9,000 people killed. 100,000 left homeless. 400 buildings destroyed.

civil society - NGOs, environmental groups, charitable orgs. took off in 80s. .PRI has many ... 6 reasons it rises.. 1) urbanization 2) education 3) growth of middle class 4) globalization 5) catholic church 6) govt mistakes
Act as a check on the Govt. , weaker in south than North.

Resource Mobilization Theory - theory closely tied with feminist groups and other NGOs. states that the more access we have to resources, the more likely youll experience mobilization.

PAN - 1939. republican qualities in favor of free market policies. little govt intervention, want to reduce taxes, follows catholic church, strong family values, pursue international trade, redistrubution of land. PAN and PRD hate PRI (only commonity). 3 groups 1) young catholic activists 2)conservative/middle class professionals 3) entrepeneaurs and landholders
Struggle for Eternity - PANistas voted for 40 yrs, got ideas out, seen as party of sacrifice and martyrs.

Vicente Fox - PAN, voted prez in 2000. peoples dreams and hopes in Fox, no longer a party of opposition, party now has to run things. people voted non pri for fox to win.. VOTO UTIL.

Concertacesion - slang term that combines the words agreement and concession. PAN obtained many of these from the PRI. ex - Guanjuato Gubernational Election - PAN agrees to stpp promoting the fraudulent election if PRI agrees to adress reforms.

Felipe Calderon - current president, PAN, Right of Center with liberal ideas. Forming alliances with big companies. citizens worried if he'll address problems. supports balanced fixcal activities, flat taxes and free trade.

PRD - party of the Dem revolution - 1989. leftist power. funded by prominent members of PRI. made up of smaller leftist groups. big emphasis on womens rights. very unorganized and incapable. liberal rights.

Obrador - Part of PRD. Head of GOV of Federal District 00-05. Lost election in 06. Head of group thats contesting election outcome.

Post Electoral Mobilization - started by PAN in 80s. way to see how many people vote and how they vote. mock trials, protests, etc.

Indegenious Languages - 2550 municipalities. 8th place in world. 60 indian languages. 23% of indigenous speak Nauhatl. 19.7 of municipalities have pop of 70% or more. 30% of munic have pop that is negligable. 46.5% of indigenous municip are marginalized. almost no indigenous speakers in border US mex states.

pigmentocracy - skin color. mestizos = lighter and seen as capitalistic. indios = darker and seen as lazy.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: studying for my test

so you listed facts out for us to see?

I assumed you were asking about how you should study or tips or something like that. of hell, even show off how smart you are in a certain subject.

but you just listed what possibly looks like an outline?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

na the computer lab i was using was only for library resources so it didnt have any way to type and print things such as notepad or word. so i used this message board instead.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

And you never thought to email this to yourself? Way to go MacGyver.
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

hey what class is this for? political science? I took a test on Mexico about a week ago. got one on Friday about Nigeria.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

In High School, I never remember studying for any test, save for my freshman year.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
In High School, I never remember studying for any test, save for my freshman year.

correct. I remember going to class, absorbing it, then not doing jack sh it unless someone happened to pay me to do their homework, projects, tests, etc...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #8
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
na the computer lab i was using was only for library resources so it didnt have any way to type and print things such as notepad or word. so i used this message board instead.

Way to use your head
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

politics in mexico 4349e. its an upper division political science class.

wiz you got poli sci in high school? are you at a private school or somethin? thats impressive.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
correct. I remember going to class, absorbing it, then not doing jack sh it unless someone happened to pay me to do their homework, projects, tests, etc...
have never studied for a test yet i still have maintained a 3.5 GPA through high school.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #11
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

I dont study, and I dont do my work and I have a 2.6 GPA and am barely making it. But I am just fine, cause now I started spring break today and I have it for 2 weeks, I LOVE IT.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: