Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Default OT: Mayweather ESPNchat: The World Awaits

I know a few others are pumped up for this fight. THis chat was from today, pretty funny:

Send in your questions for Floyd right now. Then, check back on Wednesday at 1:45 p.m. ET to see his answers.

Patrick (Indianapolis, IN): Floyd, how does this fight against De La Hoya compare with your other bouts in terms of preparation, hype, and the competition you're facing?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:39 PM ET ) There's nothing compared to being involved in the biggest event in the history of boxing.

Mark (Houston, TX): We all know your a confident fighter; however, what is the biggest challenge fighting De la Hoya?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:39 PM ET ) What type of outfit I'm going to wear to the post fight press conference.

RJ, SACRAMENTO, CA: Your moving up in weight, can you take the punches from a bigger De La Hoya?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:40 PM ET ) My plan is to not to take any punches from Oscar. Weight don't win fights, skills do. I could care less what he weighs.

Manuel Mendoza, Visalia, CA: Floyd, Will you be satisfied running and just barely winning the fight? Or will you put pressure and fight to earn the win?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:42 PM ET ) I'm going to do whatever it takes to win the fight, but Oscar is not going to make it 12 rounds. If he comes to fight, which I know he will, he won't make 12 rounds.

Michael Chicago Heights,Illinois: Just wanted to know are you really going to retire after this fight win or lose?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:42 PM ET ) No such thing as losing. When I win this fight, I'm definitely going to retire after this fight.

Mike Erma, New Jersey: Floyd, How do you plan on defending against Oscar's left hook?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:43 PM ET ) The same way I've been able to beat all my other 37 opponents - be the same ol' Floyd.

Rich (Chicago): Do you think sparrinf with Shane Mosely will give Oscar a good representation of you?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:43 PM ET ) That's the worst thing that he could have done. Shane Mosley fights no where near style wise the way I do.

Sean (Boston, MA): Floyd, ur p4p the best, the world wants to know what your training regimen along the lines of your boxing, lifting and diet is?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:44 PM ET ) I do a combination of everything. I've been blessed with God gifted ability and I have a tremendous work ethic.

Big M (Atlanta): You display of lot of charisma during your entrances, have you decided what type of outfit to where for the fight?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:44 PM ET ) Most definitely. Make sure you tune in come May 5 and you'll see something you've never seen before.

Jeff (San Antinio,TX): If you win this fight, where would you rank your self all time?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:45 PM ET ) When I win this fight, it's just going put the stamp on what I've been saying all along that I'm going to go down as the best every to do it.

Lantana, FL: Floyd. Knowing that you have never faced any opposition as good as Oscar and that your resume in boxing is nowhere near Oscars. How confident are you that you can beat him?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:46 PM ET ) It's the biggest fight ever in the history of the sport. Oscar's a great fighter, but he's never faced someone like me before. Come May 5, I'm going to show the world why I'm the best to do this.

Chris (High POint, NC): Did you ever think your father would train De La Hoya and did that ever play into the idea of selling the fight?

Floyd Mayweather: (1:47 PM ET ) For whatever reason, Oscar didn't want to pay him what he was asking for, so the cards fall where they fall. But the bottom line is that it doesn't matter who was in his corner. I'm going to beat him May 5.

Floyd Mayweather: (1:48 PM ET ) Thank you for all your support through all the years. Be sure to tune in to witness this historic event the night of May 5.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Default Re: OT: Mayweather ESPNchat: The World Awaits

The HBO special he's in just makes me laugh. I was up at night dozing off and on with HBO on. I forgot what i watched. Think it was Rome...it went off and the Floyd vs Oscar stuff came on with Floyd yappin, boxing, dancing and it woke me up because i couldnt stop laughing. Dude is a character. I hope he doesnt retire after this fight....want him to take on some more fighters especially those that continue to play duck duck duck goose. I dont think he can handle Winky Wright but phuck it, go for it man.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I can't wait for the fight. A ton of places should have it on, but I doubt it so we'll have to get it. No one here had the Zab fight and my buddies and I almost went Postal at BW3 after the dumb ***** on the phone said it was on there, but she confused it with Wrestlemania.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
Mayweather
I brick open layups

I went to the strip club to watch the Zab-Mayweather fight.

Mayweather UD12 Oscar.
Mayweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

NO WAY Mayweather beats Winky.

As for the Floyd/Oscar showdown, this will be a fight for the ages. I really don't know who to root for. If this were 7-8 years ago, I would have stood behind Floyd. But I have grown to respect Oscar over the years. Tough to decide. I remember when Oscar struggled against an aging Pernell Whitaker a decade ago and Pernell didn't even throw that many punches in the fight, although Sweet Pea is a much better defensive fighter than Floyd is.

I don't see Oscar playing that counter puncher approach. He'll be the aggressor. Force Mayweather to react. If Oscar tries to match speed for speed, he'll be in trouble.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Oscar will get knocked teh fawk out in this fight or he may take a pure beating for 12 rounds (it depends on what Floyd decides to do as strategy)... Oscar doesnt have any speed any more so he may try to overpower him because he wont be able to counter (impossible to counter whats not there). Floyd will dictate the fight. Floyd will only lose to a person with similar speed and slight power as Zab showed.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: