Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 03-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
-primetime-

Default the I hate Jose Barea

I used to like to see Barea out on the court because it usually means the Mavs are kicking ass but during last night's game I suddenly realized something...

why do we have this midget?

he is never going to be any good ever and since the Mavs are winning alot of games by 25+ pionts Barea is seeing alot of time on the court...

we could be using that spot for someone with a future....someone who might actually be a starter one day...seems like we are wasting alot of court time on this guy for nothing...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: the I hate Jose Barea

why hate a guy that doesnt do anything? This is like "I hate the 15th man on every roster" thread.

Plus, if you're a 15th man the likelihood of becoming a starter some day are low.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
why hate a guy that doesnt do anything? This is like "I hate the 15th man on every roster" thread.

Plus, if you're a 15th man the likelihood of becoming a starter some day are low.

you mean the 12th man right?

I don't believe this is true...I bet that there are lots of starters out there that at one time were bench warmers...

why hate the guy?...

well I guess I don't hate him...I hate the fact that we are wasting good court minutes on him...we could have some rookie with a future out there...not a white midgett...

I just think that it is rare for a 12th man to get as many minutes as he does...they should be put to good use
Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

With the Anthony Johnson trade he became the 3rd pg. When Jet and Devin are both in foul trouble he is going to get some minutes. It's as simple as that.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 AM   #5
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
With the Anthony Johnson trade he became the 3rd pg. When Jet and Devin are both in foul trouble he is going to get some minutes. It's as simple as that.

I know that I just wish it was someone with a hope for the future that is getting those minutes....someone that could be a starter maybe 2 or 3 years from now...

even though we are winning now it doesn't hurt to think about the future...
Old 03-29-2007, 05:43 AM   #6
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Wow really?

Primetime, you're an idiot.. every team will have twelfth men, but i bet if the NBA got rid of them, then you'd complain the 11th men aren't good enough and are never going to be starters.

For the record, i can only name one former scrub player that has become a star.. 1! Jermaine O'neal, please if anyone has anymore, name them.

You're hating on Jose Barea because he's been given a chance to play for the best team, think about how much that would mean to him, to be a rookie on a championship-caliber team.

Basically Primetime wont be happy until the NBA instituted a rule that says "you can't be an NBA player unless you start or we think you're going to start one day"

you know whens thats going to happen? yeah.. you guessed it. NEVER!
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
Wow really?

Primetime, you're an idiot.. every team will have twelfth men, but i bet if the NBA got rid of them, then you'd complain the 11th men aren't good enough and are never going to be starters.

For the record, i can only name one former scrub player that has become a star.. 1! Jermaine O'neal, please if anyone has anymore, name them.

You're hating on Jose Barea because he's been given a chance to play for the best team, think about how much that would mean to him, to be a rookie on a championship-caliber team.

Basically Primetime wont be happy until the NBA instituted a rule that says "you can't be an NBA player unless you start or we think you're going to start one day"

you know whens thats going to happen? yeah.. you guessed it. NEVER!
Please don't call me an idiot for asking why the Mavs are training a midget with no hope what so ever...

I never said he has to end up being a star...but how about just a starter...

how about the hope of being a starter one day?...can I ask for that?

how many starters today were at one time an 11th or 12th man? a ton

how about the ability to just be the 8th man one day...he doesn't even have that dude...

we might as well be playing some 3rd grader or something like that...it would be the exact same thing as playing Barea...no chance of being anything ever
Old 03-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

This guy Barea is pretty good. Good passer. Remember in the Phoenix game when he came in and had those 2 assists?

I think he's already a better pinpoint passer than Devin Harris.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #9
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I never said he has to end up being a star...but how about just a starter...

Oh **** sorry man, I forgot that all NBA players wanted to just sit on the bench their whole careers and not be starters, they're obviously not looking for something more.

You're mocking every 8th to 12th man out there.

Why did Phoenix bother to sign Eric Piatowski (not sure of spelling) or Jalen Rose if they weren't going to use them?

For insurance purpose, obviously the Mavericks thought that Barea was the best player left in Free Agency and they took him before other teams could, so obviously, they have some intentions for him in the future, i doubt that he will just stay the 12th man of the team for the rest of his career.

He's a whole head (not literally) over any other young player in the league, and that can be shown with his amazing NBDL numbers. In fact, the Fort Worth Flyers thought he was so good, that they retired his number already (it's true, look it up)..

Dallas didn't sign him just to sit on the bench his whole career, they obviously have some intentions for him in the future. Just be patient.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 AM   #10
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Why did Phoenix bother to sign Eric Piatowski (not sure of spelling) or Jalen Rose if they weren't going to use them?

Good question.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
Oh **** sorry man, I forgot that all NBA players wanted to just sit on the bench their whole careers and not be starters, they're obviously not looking for something more.

You're mocking every 8th to 12th man out there.

For insurance purpose, obviously the Mavericks thought that Barea was the best player left in Free Agency and they took him before other teams could, so obviously, they have some intentions for him in the future, i doubt that he will just stay the 12th man of the team for the rest of his career.

He's a whole head (not literally) over any other young player in the league, and that can be shown with his amazing NBDL numbers. In fact, the Fort Worth Flyers thought he was so good, that they retired his number already (it's true, look it up)..

Dallas didn't sign him just to sit on the bench his whole career, they obviously have some intentions for him in the future. Just be patient.

and that is what upsets me...

I think that he has no shot at being anything in the NBA...he is simply too short....and being short wouldn't be the biggest problem in the world IF HE COULD EVER MAKE A BASKET...

being a Mavs fan it is hard for me to complain about anything this year at all...but it just came too me the other night that this kid is seeing alot of playing time and it upsets me a little bit because it seems like he has no promise what so ever...JMO

maybe he was a rock star in the past but as of right now I would have to guess that he is the worst 12th man in the NBA...(the worst player overall)...and no, I don't know every single 12th man on every team, maybe there is someone worse, but it would be my guess...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #12
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

He looks better than Maurice Ager when they are out there.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:29 AM   #13
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

For the record.. what i think would be every 11/12th man on each team.

EAST
Atlanta Hawks- Esteban Batista
Boston Celtics- Leon Powe, Allan ray
Charlotte Bobcats- Ryan Hollins, Jake Voshkul
Chicago Bulls- Martynas Andriuskevicious, Andre Barret
Cleveland Cavaliers- Dwayne Jones
Detroit Pistons- Will Blacklock
Indiana Pacers- Maceo Baston, Shawne Williams
Miami Heat- Earl Barron
Milwaukee Bucks- Damir Markota
New Jersey Nets- Mile Illic
New York Knicks- Mardy Collins
Orlando Magic- James Augustine, Bo Outlaw
Philadelphia Sixers- Shavlick Randolph
Toronto Raptors- Pape Sow, Uros Slokar
Washington Wizards- Calvin Booth

WEST
Dallas Mavericks- Jose Barea
Denver Nuggets- Jamal Sampson
Golden State Warriors- Zarko Cabarkapa
Houston Rockets- Steve Novak
Los Angeles Clippers- Daniel Ewing, Yaroslav Korolev
Los Angeles Lakers- Shammond Williams
Memphis Grizzlies- Scot Padgett
Minnesota Timberwolves- Mark Madsen
New Orleans Hornets- Brandon Bass, Linton Johnson
Phoenix Suns- Eric Piatowski, Jalen Rose and Pat Burke
Portland Trailblazers- Raef LaFrents, Luke Scheschner
Sacramento Kings- Justin Williams, Vitaly Potapenko
San Antonio Spurs- James White, Jackie Butler
Seattle Supersonics- Mike Wilks
Utah Jazz- CJ Miles, Rafael Arajuo

I honestly think that if someone were to rate the best 12th men, Jose Barea would be in the top tier of them.

Notice how most teams have young guys as their twelfth men, because most teams now prefer experience over youth and don't have time to be developing their players.

Thats the reason Jose Barea doesn't play, I'm almost certain that if he were with the Hawks or a poor team like that, he would be at least a 7th man.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
He looks better than Maurice Ager when they are out there.

JJ Barea is better then you think Primetime, he was scoring almost 30 PPG in the dleague, and was an excellent college player. Don't let his size fool you, the kid has game. Pretty good game for a 3rd stringer who never plays.

Oh and can you name a better player that we could of got for nothing to stick in his spot?
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #15
lorenzo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lorenzo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41

JJ Barea is better then you think Primetime, he was scoring almost 30 PPG in the dleague, and was an excellent college player. Don't let his size fool you, the kid has game. Pretty good game for a 3rd stringer who never plays.

Oh and can you name a better player that we could of got for nothing to stick in his spot?
I agree. What use would we have for a better 3rd point guard. Barea is a rook, so you really can't say what his future holds. He along with pops mensah bonsu.....tear it up in the D-league. So they deserve to get some garbage time. Maybe we'll see a lot more from these guys in the future.
lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: