Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #46
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Knicks vs Cavaliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Well what a surprise LeBron not coming through in the clutch. I'm falling of the LeBron bandwagon.
That is pretty harsh for this game. LeBron's shot was terrible all night long. However, he cut the lead to 1 with a drive and hoop with 50 seconds left. The Knicks got the ball, got fouled, and made 1 of 2. Z got fouled with 30 seconds left and a chance to tie. He made 1 of 2. The Knicks come back and hit a lucky 3 to put them up by 4 with 9 seconds left. LeBron set up Marshall in the corner for a wide open 3-pointer that didn't fall.

LeBron didn't play well, but his clutch play wasn't the reason that the Cavs lost. It was the overall loss of focus and, again, missed free throws (this time by Z) at the end.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #47
fatlever
Banned

Quote:
Well what a surprise LeBron not coming through in the clutch. I'm falling of the LeBron bandwagon.
Bye-bye. I'm sure there's more than enough room on that Kobe bandwagon. I hear they need all the people they can get. See-ya.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #48
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I really don't think LeBron did the wrong thing there at the end. He drove the ball, drew the defense in, and got Marshall a wide open 3 in his favorite spot. That said, LeBron had another terrible shooting night. He needs to get his outside shot together.

A lot of the onus on this one falls on Z's shoulders. Had he made that 2nd free throw, it would have changed the whole scenario at the end. He put them in a very tough spot with 30 seconds left.

Marbury made a lucky shot, but the Cavs played with fire and got burned. They played down to their competition and you can't do that in the NBA.

I hope they come out with A LOT more fire against Chicago. They better or it will be ugly.

they dont pay MArshall to be the man and hit the big shots... thats why Lebron's job...I could understand if he built up a rep like Kobe and Wade(sometimes) where teams are almost throwing three people at him but he hasnt. Lebron has to man up sooner or later and want those shots.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #49
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
[b]I'm falling of the LeBron bandwagon.

How bout we save you some time and just throw you off?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #50
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

LeBron put together that great 10 game stretch after the AS break but he's really cooled off since. His shot selection has been very poor IMO the last 2 weeks.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #51
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
How bout we save you some time and just throw you off?

hehe i was kidding. I used to almost worship lebron lol. But ive taken a step back.

He is still my fav player. But he turned it over in crunch time and didn't even take a shot. He did this in the cha game to. Pisses me off cause I remember seeing live what he did in the playoffs.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #52
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
they dont pay MArshall to be the man and hit the big shots... thats why Lebron's job...I could understand if he built up a rep like Kobe and Wade(sometimes) where teams are almost throwing three people at him but he hasnt. Lebron has to man up sooner or later and want those shots.
They were down by 4 with 9 seconds left. LeBron could have jacked up a contested 3-pointer, but I don't think I would have liked that, especially the way he had been shooting all game. A 2-pointer would have made no sense. It would have gone in with around 4 seconds left. That means, either the Knicks make both free throws and ice it, or the Cavs may get the ball back and have to go the length of the court for a game-tying 3.

Marshall was wide open. If that shot had gone in, they still would have had a slim chance. I don't have a problem with it.

What I do have a problem with is LeBron's shot selection over the course of the entire game and the Cavs' inability to make crucial free throws.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:25 AM   #53
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I really don't think LeBron did the wrong thing there at the end. He drove the ball, drew the defense in, and got Marshall a wide open 3 in his favorite spot. That said, LeBron had another terrible shooting night. He needs to get his outside shot together.

A lot of the onus on this one falls on Z's shoulders. Had he made that 2nd free throw, it would have changed the whole scenario at the end. He put them in a very tough spot with 30 seconds left.

Marbury made a lucky shot, but the Cavs played with fire and got burned. They played down to their competition and you can't do that in the NBA.

I hope they come out with A LOT more fire against Chicago. They better or it will be ugly.

RBA, I like you, and I know you're a Cavs fan and you want to think the best of them, but I don't know how you can keep justifying these things they're doing.

They're playing awful, whether they win or lose. It's embarassing. No one even wants to watch them play anymore. _I_ don't want to watch them play anymore. I watch because I don't want to miss anything, but it's agonizing to watch their pathetic offense.

And truthfully, it was their defense that fell apart in this game. From the start of the 4th quarter, I think the Cavs might have had two possessions where they didn't either A. give up a good shot that the Knicks made, B. Give up a second chance opportunity that the Knicks made, or C. Foul and send them to the line (And the Knicks were making their free throws).

And as for the rest of you idiots, Lebron didn't lose this game. Lebron hasn't been playing as well this season, there is no doubt about that. But if his teammates didn't suck ass and his coach didn't suck ass, his weaknesses wouldn't be magnified the way they are.

We're heading into the playoffs people and that means a shortened rotation. We can't count on someone who's sitting on the end of the bench to randomly catch fire and bail us out like we have all season.

Get a clue Cavs fans.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 03-29-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #54
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
RBA, I like you, and I know you're a Cavs fan and you want to think the best of them, but I don't know how you can keep justifying these things they're doing.

They're playing awful, whether they win or lose. It's embarassing. No one even wants to watch them play anymore. _I_ don't want to watch them play anymore. I watch because I don't want to miss anything, but it's agonizing to watch their pathetic offense.

And truthfully, it was their defense that fell apart in this game. From the start of the 4th quarter, I think the Cavs might have had two possessions where they didn't either A. give up a good shot that the Knicks made, B. Give up a second chance opportunity that the Knicks made, or C. Foul and send them to the line (And the Knicks were making their free throws).

And as for the rest of you idiots, Lebron didn't lose this game. Lebron hasn't been playing as well this season, there is no doubt about that. But if his teammates didn't suck ass and his coach didn't suck ass, his weaknesses wouldn't be magnified the way they are.

We're heading into the playoffs people and that means a shortened rotation. We can't count on someone who's sitting on the end of the bench to randomly catch fire and bail us out like we have all season.

Get a clue Cavs fans.

Mathius

Put the blame on lebron dude. It was his fault. He didn't come through when we needed him or any other time. He just stood out at the 3 dribbling and then he would jack up a contested jumpshot.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #55
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
hehe i was kidding. I used to almost worship lebron lol. But ive taken a step back.

He is still my fav player. But he turned it over in crunch time and didn't even take a shot. He did this in the cha game to. Pisses me off cause I remember seeing live what he did in the playoffs.

Congrats. You just might be the most intelligent, knowledgeable Cavs fan here on ISH (though not really saying much considering the rest of the LeBron-Cavs fanboys).

Either LeBron passes up game winners, or he takes them when time expires (see Detroit, Charlotte). I wonder how long he'll continue to get a "Free Pass" from the media? His game has definitely regressed from last season. Hope his 35,000 square foot home construction is going well in Ohio.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #56
abuC
Cuba

I think they need a change, try starting Pavlovic and Gibson in the backcourt together, atleast that would play to LeBron's strengths. I dont understand why Hughes is allowed to shoot so much, yet both of those guys barely get any attempts especially Sasha who has been shooting extremely well as a starter. Also, it's time to use Gibson as more than just a 3 point shooter, the kid has shown he can get to the rim, yet he's pretty much relegated to standing out by the 3 line. Let him create at times.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #57
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Congrats. You just might be the most intelligent, knowledgeable Cavs fan here on ISH (though not really saying much considering the rest of the LeBron-Cavs fanboys).

Either LeBron passes up game winners, or he takes them when time expires (see Detroit, Charlotte). I wonder how long he'll continue to get a "Free Pass" from the media? His game has definitely regressed from last season. Hope his 35,000 square foot home construction is going well in Ohio.
He really has gotten worse. Spending to much time with his ads and building houses and hanging out with warren buffet. Instead of working on his game.

If he wants to be the richest athlete in the world he has to be the best.

I'm hoping he returns to the last year lebron we saw in the playoffs. But I'm having my doubts. Well it will be exciting to see unfold anyway.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #58
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Get a clue Cavs fans.

Mathius
I think you are putting a little too much stock into the last six games, where the Cavs have been painful to watch. I've said the same thing over and over.

However, do not forget that, before this six game stretch of bad play, they won 8 straight games including victories against Detroit, Toronto, Houston, and Utah.

There is a consistency problem, here. That much is obvious. They looked very good in those 9 games and people were even throwing around the idea that they could catch Detroit for the #1 seed by season's end.

Now, they are playing like sh*t.

Next week, they may be playing great again... who knows?

One thing I do know is that, generally speaking, inconsistent teams don't last in the playoffs, so I hope they catch fire and carry it into the postseason. If not, it will be short and not very sweet.

That said, let's not act like this team has been struggling for months. Just 6 games ago, every Cavs fan was on cloud nine and they were ranked 4th in the league on ESPN's power rankings.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #59
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
I'm hoping he returns to the last year lebron we saw in the playoffs. But I'm having my doubts. Well it will be exciting to see unfold anyway.
...and I'm sure you will be the first one to jump back 'on the bandwagon' if it happens.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #60
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
...and I'm sure you will be the first one to jump back 'on the bandwagon' if it happens.

Well don't get me wrong I want them to win. Its just being realistic. If LeBron continues to not come through in the clutch we won't go anywhere.

Btw I'm getting tickets to the playoffs for sure. I went last year to games against detroit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: