Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Is it just me or is this pretty classless by D'Antoni?

Quote:
Suns coach Mike D'Antoni's Most Valuable Player race doesn't include Kobe Bryant. D'Antoni says the MVP race still is between Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, despite reports of a third contender. "Who's the third?" D'Antoni asked Wednesday.

KB24 has no real shot at it so why not keep this to himself? Especially when you play the Lakers twice and are a 2 or 3 game losing streak from playing them in the first round...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Is it just me or is this pretty classless by D'Antoni?

it's just you, d'antoni didn't say anything wrong...

he just considers the MVP race is between two people... and it is... nothing wrong with that.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Yes, it's just you. He's absolutley right.

He said that although Kobe's great, the Lakers are not.

Nothing wrong with that statement.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

It's just you. There are no other "true" MVP candidates other than Dirk and Nash, and right now I would even go so far as to say it's just Dirk.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
KB24 has no real shot at it so why not keep this to himself? Especially when you play the Lakers twice and are a 2 or 3 game losing streak from playing them in the first round...

OMFG somebody thinks team success should be part of the MVP race. OMFG WHAT A JERK BWWWAWAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

We don't all kneel and pray to your god.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected poster

I think LeBron is more of an MVP than either Dirk or Nash and if the Cavs win 50, he WILL win...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jus because he doesnt recognize kobe as an mvp candidate doesnt mean its disrespectful. take your kobe goggles off
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I think LeBron is more of an MVP than either Dirk or Nash and if the Cavs win 50, he WILL win...
The Cavs won 50 year if I remember correct, and he was putting up better numbers. He didn't win it then, and he won't win it now.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

There is a ton of respect between Kobe and Mike. Part of the reason Kobe wore #8 was in tribute to D'Antoni, when D'Antoni played in Italy. He usually always gives Kobe his dues.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

at the start of the year I thought if the Cavs won 50+ it would go to Bron no matter what. I didn't expect the Mavs to be so dominating though. If the Mavs were on pace to win something like 58-60, then I would stick to the LeBron prediction but with the Mavs already at 60 wins with 11 games left, it would take a massive collapse for Dirk to lose it now.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I'm sure he was asked that by reporters. You think he called a reporter and told him that`?
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's just you. Most people think it's a two horse race and it probably is.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:

It's just you
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #15
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

How about posting the whole quote, I am a Laker fan also, but if you post the whole quote you will see what else he said about him.

Quote:
Suns coach Mike D'Antoni says the race for the NBA's Most Valuable Player still is between Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, despite reports of a third contender.

"Who's the third?" D'Antoni asked Wednesday.

"I love Kobe," D'Antoni said of Bryant, answering his own question. "I think Kobe is great. I just don't know if (the Lakers have) played well enough."

Last edited by Cool : 03-29-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: