Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #16
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Willis back?

If you've been on Pros vs Joes, you shouldn't be allowed back in the league.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

He always reminded me of TRex with his little arms so maybe he'd be a better fit on the Raptors.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #18
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
He always reminded me of TRex with his little arms so maybe he'd be a better fit on the Raptors.
trex willis and velociraptor bosh in toronto? brilliant!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #19
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

I wish we would have hired him to show Josh Smith and Zaza some post moves.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
He and Charles Oakley were as much a part of the Raptors success from 99-02 as Vince Carter was
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #21
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I can't believe people are hating on Kevin Willis! The guy is fantastic, and I further love this news because I posted several times this season that I wanted the Raptors to sign him, claiming "Kevin is probably still in better game shape than half the league." Well look who was right
He is a very smart player. I would hate for Dallas to pick him up. K Will can really help them out IMO.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #22
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jeff, care to explain who the hell is Kevin Williams?

Quote:
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

He's in better shape than Jerome James that's for sure.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #24
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
He's in better shape than Jerome James that's for sure.

sad but oh so true. There are probably several players he is in better shape than. Danny Fortson comes to mind.

Quote:
Willis has workout, says he can help

By JEFF CAPLAN

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLASBringing in 7-foot center Kevin Willis, 44, for a workout Thursday falls under the "chance encounters" category.

"I ran into Mark [Cuban] at All-Star weekend and had a few words," Willis said. "The next thing I know, I get a call from [director of player development] Rolando [Blackman] and it kind of went from there. I started doing some shooting and running just in case I got a call. And here I am."

Willis went through a 45-minute workout with coach Avery Johnson on Thursday. He'll be back today for another workout and could be signed to a 10-day contract and possibly be in uniform for tonight's game against New York, Mavs president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said.

"He was impressive for what we're looking for," said Nelson, who added that no deal has been struck. "It's potentially a fit."

Willis said he sees the Mavs as a team on a mission and believes his experience can be an asset.

"I don't want to come in and be any kind of distraction," Willis said. "I just want to come in and enhance. Whatever I've got to do to enhance it and make it better, I'm here to do that."

The Mavs want to fill a roster vacancy left by the season-ending injury to DJ Mbenga with a third center behind Erick Dampier and DeSagana Diop. The Mavs envision Willis playing three to five minutes a game, and they like his reputation as a hard worker and solid locker-room presence. Willis also has extensive playoff experience, which includes winning an NBA title with the Spurs in 2003.

Willis last played in 2004-05 with Atlanta, but he never officially retired. He lives in Atlanta and runs a clothing business with Ralph Walker, a teammate from Michigan State. Willis & Walker specializes in high-end sportswear and even outfits some Mavs, such as Dampier.

Willis never gave up on a return to the NBA.

He has a couple of connections with the Mavs. He and Johnson were teammates in Denver briefly in 2001, and Mavs assistant coach Joe Prunty was an assistant on the 2003 Spurs team.

Willis said he's in good shape -- not playing shape -- but that it wouldn't take him long to get ready.

"I've just got to get my timing back," he said. "Get a few practices under my belt and get used to banging bodies again."

Hey it could work. All that would be needed from him are 2-5 minutes of spot duty when Damp and Diop get into foul trouble (which WILL happen).

Funny thing is he would also be a better scoring threat than Damp and Diop.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #25
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Man, whats up with all of these comebacks? I doubt he'll sign with the Mavs. Rumors are always swirling around but they never happen.

Too bad Willis, even if you do come back, Dikembe still owns you for the " BAttle of the 40 yr. old" lol
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

KW on Pros vs Joes
Old 03-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #27
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

dont compare willis to pippen/payton/malone/zo etc.

dallas is going after willis.. it aint willis trying to jump a bandwagon on any contending team.

willis is a soldier. someone should post his workout/training program.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #28
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
dont compare willis to pippen/payton/malone/zo etc.

dallas is going after willis.. it aint willis trying to jump a bandwagon on any contending team.

willis is a soldier. someone should post his workout/training program.

That is very true. For some reason people are choosing to ignore that. I wonder if they would say the same if Willis was being signed as an emergency 3rd C for their team. He already has a ring so its not like he is just going for the glory.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #29
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

This is pretty funny. This brotha pushing damn near 50 right? Remember watching him playing the last year of Kevin Loughery Heat era side GMoney and Seikaly's later years in Miami...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 03-30-2007 at 02:49 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow if Willis gets a job before Pippen, Pippen is going to need to be talked in off the ledge...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: