Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

MJ is by far my favorite player of all time, yet I wasn't a huge Bulls fan. He was one of the most likeable superstars of all time, even though chances are he ripped your team's heart out sometime in his career...he got mine in '93, yet I still loved his game. You rarely hear anyone talk bad about him here on ISH.

Is there a bigger population of you who don't like Jordan than I might be thinking?
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

I can't imagine anyone hating Jordan. Yeah, hate on him because he beat your team, but noone can really hate his impact on the game or the presence that he brought to the court
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't say I'm anti-Jordan, but I don't give him as much credit as most people do.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

I hated him, Phil Jax and the Bulls for ripping the heart out of my Knicks year after year. I tend to not judge players as people or off the court, but rather what they do on the court. So, yes I can honestly say I hated Jordan.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was never a big Jordan fan. Besides him being a robot, I hated the way he had his shoes so damn high.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I liked him for 78 games a year.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #7
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I never really liked him. I respect his talent though.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I never hated Jordan, but I doubted he was what he actually was until I watched him beat a phoenix team that I considered better than the Bulls... Once I witnessed that series, I was done questioning Mj's ability to control games and pretty much control the whole league..

I had friends who in later years would challenge me when I told them Mj was unstoppable and there was no way he'd lose in a championship series..

When they matched up against Seattle, people said Payton & Kemp would Show Mj what time it was... Nada...

Then it was Karl Malone and the Jazz who would take the title and put Mike in his place..... never happened...

I really enjoyed the Jazz's ass whuppin

I considered myself a fan of his once I understand that he was not beatable in the finals
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #9
Revelation
The Fouler

Revelation has decent reputation

I'd break it down about like this:

Approximately 50% of people love Jordan and view him as the GOAT.

Approximately 25% are not fans of Jordan but respect him and view him as the/one of the GOAT.

Approximately 20% are childish, unknowledgeable, ******** and therefore secretly dislike Jordan because their hero (Kobe, Lebron...) has not lived up to Jordan status. For proof of this percentiles existence please check the next "Who's Better, Jordan or Bryant?" poll. Usually around 75%-80% say Jordan while the other 20% or so will vote for Bryant. These people will hardly every straight up say their hero is a better basketball player than Jordan, for fear of looking ridiculous, but will always vote for their hero in such a poll. This percentiles age usually ranges from 12 -19 years of age and a remarkable percentage of them live in the Los Angeles or Cleveland metropolitan areas.

Approximately 5% of the world has never heard the name Michael Jordan or are simply not fans of basketball.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
ak47smohawk
I brick open layups

ak47smohawk has an OK reputation so far

When he was playing, I didn't like him. As a Jazz fan, I still have a hard time liking the guy. I have never not respected him or his abilities though as a basketball player. I also have no problem admitting he is the GOAT. After watching him torture Jazz/Jazz fans, I laugh anytime someone wants to try and tell me Kobe, Lebron, etc is as good or better than Jordan.
ak47smohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation[B
Approximately 5% [/b]of the world has never heard the name Michael Jordan or are simply not fans of basketball.

Actually, it's almost impossible for people not to have heard of Michael Jordan. I ask around my previous school, Do you know who is Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, most of them say no, and I ask if they know who Michael Jordan is, and the answer is a resounding 'DUH!' Heck, the shoe shop owner I bought some shoes from knew the Michael Jordan shoes, but had no idea the other BBall shoes were for James or Kobe.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
Revelation
The Fouler

Revelation has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Actually, it's almost impossible for people not to have heard of Michael Jordan. I ask around my previous school, Do you know who is Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, most of them say no, and I ask if they know who Michael Jordan is, and the answer is a resounding 'DUH!' Heck, the shoe shop owner I bought some shoes from knew the Michael Jordan shoes, but had no idea the other BBall shoes were for James or Kobe.

You're right, 5% is probably way too high, it's probably closer to 1-2%. I don't know if this is true anymore but in the late 90's Jordan was said to be the most recognizable face in the world. I wonder who is now.. ?
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

It's almost equally unfathomable to not know who Kobe or Lebron is. where did you go to school? a remote part of Iceland?

Anyway, Jordan beat my teams and that I did not like. Loved Jordan but never really loved the Bulls per se. As for those who compare Bryant and Lebron, I believe it's justified as they are physically dominant and highly skilled players.

Guys who didnt grow up in the era of a particular player can never appreciate the player as those who saw it happen did. Just life.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #14
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lakerfan1-Iceland has an OK reputation so far

I newer was a fan of his, i didnt like the hype and everything about him.
Also i was a Laker and Magic fan and Jordans playing stile didnt appeal to me he was selfish,egotistical and generally just unlikable.

But thats when i was a kid,90-95 10-15 years old you dont know **** and are ignorent as hell at that age.
But i started to respect him more and more and no doupt he is among the greatest ever.
But this over the top IDOLIZATION people have of him(and any other superstar for that matter) i wont ever understand.

I hate it when people are so on his **** that they fail to recognice that ANYONE wil ever become a better player, or refuse to believe ANYTHING negative about this man.
For instance when he is mentioned as a good teamate and a player who made other players around him better like say Bird,Magic and Isiah did is a load of bull.

He did not make his teamates better, his game did not revolve around that, he was a scorer and a wery wery wery sore loser who had a great all around player in pippen with him along with great coaching staff and management who put the right type of players around him.
He is no doupt among the all time greatest, top 3 definatly i think but there is NO nba player Perfect and Jordan was FAR from perfect!
Lakerfan1-Iceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #15
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
You're right, 5% is probably way too high, it's probably closer to 1-2%. I don't know if this is true anymore but in the late 90's Jordan was said to be the most recognizable face in the world. I wonder who is now.. ?

Arguably Tiger or Beckham, though it's not like all those people who knew Jordan back then just all of a sudden forgot his name. Jordan is still immensely popular, about a year ago or so he went to China and pandemonium ensued.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: