Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #31
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan1-Iceland
He did not make his teamates better, his game did not revolve around that

Where do people get this idea from? He certainly made his teammates perform at an extremely high level for nearly a decade.

But I guess Jordan is the only top 5 player in history who didn't "make his teammates better" somehow. After all, Lakerfan1-Iceland says so.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I liked Jordan (especially later-career, post-up Jordan), but I wanted Utah to win in the Finals (both of them).
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #33
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Where do people get this idea from? He certainly made his teammates perform at an extremely high level for nearly a decade.

But I guess Jordan is the only top 5 player in history who didn't "make his teammates better" somehow. After all, Lakerfan1-Iceland says so.

Uh-oh Loki's in it too. RUN LAKERFAN1-ICELAND I can't believe people would say something like that either. Mike made those around him better, simply by being on the court, not to mention eveything he taught them. Come on people that's part of his greatness.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #34
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Yeah,I knew alot of Knick fans that hate the Bulls but loved Jordan on the low even though he owned the Knicks.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

*raises hand* I was not a fan of MJ in his prime. I thought he was arrogant and I wanted the Stockton and Malone to get their rings, but MJ and the bulls stopped them. I didn't like MJ, but I think he's the GOAT and recognize his skills as a player.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #36
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like the player, but hate his "fake" personality. He never could give anyone an honest answer on a serious question.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #37
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Never disliked him...followed the Bulls dynasty as if i were a fan but wasnt. Scottie Pippen was a player I liked more than MJ. If you wanted to find something to target MJ for...look no further to the special treatment and double standards he had when it came to the refs and how he was officiated. Nickname "Special Treatment". Without it he was tough to guard/still a great player but with it? He became impossible to guard at times and go against (MJ on defense).

You dont see much bashing because the media protected him like a parent does a child. And often the media can dictate, persuades a fans view on a player...the casual fan that is.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #38
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
MJ is by far my favorite player of all time, yet I wasn't a huge Bulls fan. He was one of the most likeable superstars of all time, even though chances are he ripped your team's heart out sometime in his career...he got mine in '93, yet I still loved his game. You rarely hear anyone talk bad about him here on ISH.

Is there a bigger population of you who don't like Jordan than I might be thinking?

Actually, as a person I dont think Jordan was that likeable at all. Nor relatable. He was sort of a robot and pretty much had a robotic response for everything. He was also sort of an *******, and extremely egotistical. No, as a person I dont think he was very likeable. He's had enough incidences and team incidences to display that.

However, it didnt matter. Not to most other people who werent fans of the teams he destroyed, and it doesnt matter to me. He was just SO good you didnt give a **** and could care less how he was off court or what he was like personally. I think he's sort of a cruddy guy and he's still my favorite basketball player, by far. When im watching old games or highlight reels of the things he did, just how breathtaking they are wipes away any care whatsoever of how he was or how he treated people. He was imo indisputably the best basketball player ever.

Now, a lot of people did hate him when he was playing, but they were usually mad that 1. He killed their team, 2. He was everywhere and won everything which wasnt 'fair' (see: yankees). Some hated him for him but they at least respected him for his game. So yea Jordan wasnt likeable (imo), wasnt relatable (imo), and had a very robotic and cold demeanor (though that may have necessary to keep himself from slipping and messing up one of the 40 endorsement deals he had), but he was so good you just didnt care and looked past it.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #39
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

I'll be honest. I loved Jordan growing up. Then when I was still a kid I read the Jordan Rules and I hated him, I wanted him to lose because he seemed like a bad guy. But I was still an impressionable kid and later realized that book's sole purposed was to demythologize Jordan, and a sophisticated smear campaign by Sam Smith. Also later realized Horace Grant was a byatch himself who told exaggerated stories to the media. Also realized what made Jordan tick and why he acts the way he does/did. Jordan is no angel, but at the same time he's just a regular guy like the rest of us.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #40
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
For proof of this percentiles existence please check the next "Who's Better, Jordan or Bryant?" poll. Usually around 75%-80% say Jordan while the other 20% or so will vote for Bryant.

You make this thread and see what happens. I can't see one [serious] Laker/Kobe fan voting for Kobe as the better player. Just wouldn't happen.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #41
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hated Jordan...still do in some ways.

But I respected him. I rooted for the Sonics...rooted for the Suns...rooted for the Blazers...even Utah to take out the Bulls. Still kind of pisses me off till this day they didn't.

I loved his shoes though back in the day...but I hated how some cats where all up on his jock before he won anything (guess the way some of you feel about you know who LOL) but at the end I respected Jordan....but I still hate him.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #42
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

it's funny to read all the people talking about jordan's contrived image and him being so mean. i guess that's his legacy, but i still remember him going on 60 minutes really early in his career and being totally awkward in front of the camera while he told barbara walters how he hemmed his own pants and cooked for himself in his new house in chicago. he was just a middle-income kid from the suburbs who happened to be hitting it big and still more of a curiosity than a cultural phenomenon. it's just interesting to see the way his image changed and his persona altered under the pressures of being michael jordan. it's also interesting to see that he became stupid rich because he was breathtakingly spectacular on the court and nike figured out how to use that. guys today become stupid rich because they might one day become breathtakingly spectacular on the court. it's wierd how he changed that whole aspect of the marketing of the game and the way players get famous, sometimes before they've earned it.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #43
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

GOD!!!!

I hated Jordan. I hated him so much that I wanted him to fail like nobody's bussines. I hated him so much that at the time I wasn't able to recognize his talents.
The thing is, everybody loved him...and I was sick of that.

Of most people in the street, only me and one other guy didn't really like him and yet that guy respected him.

I was an avid Jordan *****.

The funny thing is that just a few years ago I've realized that I was actually Jordan's BIGGEST fan.
Who was the reason why I watched Bulls games? No one else but MJ.
At that time I was rooting for Penny.

But say Orlando played against Utah and Bulls played Bucks or someone...who I'd watch?
Definitely the Bulls...and I'd root against MJ...even though I liked Penny and hated Jordan.

So, just now I realize that I loved watching him play.

Why I hated him so much? Why I wasn't able to admit his talent? I honestly don't know.

Probably because I was too young.

But now I see that he's by far the best thing that has ever happened to basketball!!!
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #44
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Fun fact: 90% of Jordan h@ters are Laker fans.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #45
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Fun Fact: 90% of Kobe h@ters are Jordan ********.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: