Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #46
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Fun Fact: 90% of Kobe h@ters are Jordan ********.
i don't get how guys who run down kobe can be big jordan fans or vice-versa. i love watching kobe (liked it more when he was young actually) because he reminds me so much of mike. his field of vision, the way he always looks to attack. the only thing i don't like is when he settles for too many jumpers, but when kobe dictates to the defense and takes what he wants i love to watch him, especially when he's in the flow of the triangle and everybody is playing at a high level.

too bad he's a laker
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #47
1 to 11
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
1 to 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7
1 to 11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

I hated Jordan the first part of his career... I was a Detroit/Isiah Thomas fan so of course when he got over the bad boy hump I hated dood... then he retired and came back and I just couldnt deny Mj anymore... He was so great I had to respect his game... But the first part of his career I thought dood was a over hyped ball hog....
1 to 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #48
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

I hated Jordan with all my heart. I can admit that he is probably the best basket ball player ever. I recognize all he did during his time in the NBA and milestone and such. What I hated the most about him were his fans. Most of them weren't even from Chicago and they were "huge" Bulls fans. Then when he left the team they all of a sudden stopped the fanatasism for the Bulls. I wonder why? So, looking back I hate his fans as well. Not the loyal Bulls fans, just the bandwagon jumpers that left after he left. I hate him though because he didn't know when to stop and left old and beat insteda of leaving on top like the player he was. The baseball thing also made me hate him.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #49
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i don't get how guys who run down kobe can be big jordan fans or vice-versa. i love watching kobe (liked it more when he was young actually) because he reminds me so much of mike. his field of vision, the way he always looks to attack. the only thing i don't like is when he settles for too many jumpers, but when kobe dictates to the defense and takes what he wants i love to watch him, especially when he's in the flow of the triangle and everybody is playing at a high level.

too bad he's a laker

To be clear, I dislike Kobe for reasons besides his play on the court. I actually enjoy watching him play.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #50
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Fun Fact: 90% of Kobe h@ters are Jordan ********.

Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #51
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,184
Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.

I've always wondered how a Kobe fan could dislike MJ. It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #52
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 937
Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.

I just said it. Hated him because I just did.. Everyone loved him and I didn't.
I always wanted him to lose yet he always won.
He was the best and I couldn't stand that.

But who'd I'd rather watch? Jordan who I hated at the time or Penny, a guy who I loved at the time?
No question, Jordan every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Fun question: Why do Jordan fans hate Kobe but not LeBron, Wade and other elite swingmans?


Folks, our agendas are far too obvious..
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #53
number23
Decent playground baller
 
number23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 333
number23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I've always wondered how a Kobe fan could dislike MJ. It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.




LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you hit it on the head.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #54
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 937
Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Kobe is not like an Elvis impresionator. That's just ignorant.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #55
johndough
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 341
johndough has decent reputation
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I've always wondered how a Kobe fan could dislike MJ. It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.


classic!!!!!!!!
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,395
Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.


What Kobe fans at ISH dislike Jordan?

You say Kobe copied Jordan's moves. What is wrong with "copying" somebody else's moves? I find that argument silly. Nobody "owns" basketball moves. And by the way, Jordan doesn't have a problem with sombeody copying "his moves". Why do you?

Kobe being unjustly compared to Jordan. How is that Kobe's fault? Carter, T-Mac, LeBron, Wade and Melo have been unjustly compared to Jordan. Where is your dislike for that, huh? It seems like you are singling Kobe out. I don't think it is right for ANYONE to be compared to Jordan until they have proven without a shadow of a doubt that they deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as him. Jorddan is the GOAT unquestionably.

I've never heard of Kobe fans hating Jordan. Though I have heard of some idiotic Kobe fans saying Kobe is better than Jordan. Even though those idiot fans feel that way, doesn't mean they hate or dislike Jordan. That just means that they believe Kobe is better. Which is wrong to feel that way.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #57
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,476
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.

beautiful

Quote:
Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.

Bingo... give that man a prize...

Kobe aped Jordan to a ridiculous degree and alot of people were flat out turned off by it... add kobe's arrogance (before he had even roven anything) to that and his retarded fans (not to mention the rape thing and the draft fiasco and running Shaq outta town and the 05 finals..and....and...and)and you have a good list of reasons why fans dislike kobe

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 03-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #58
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,395
Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I've always wondered how a Kobe fan could dislike MJ. It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.


I have never heard of a Kobe fan hating Jordan. I think you are delusional and making stuff up. Who are these Kobe fans that hate Jordan?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #59
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Fun question: Why do Jordan fans hate Kobe but not LeBron, Wade and other elite swingmans?

Because none of them are unjustly (and constantly) compared to Jordan by obsequious, vacant fans.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #60
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,079
Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
What Kobe fans at ISH dislike Jordan?

A) Note that I said "Laker fans," not "Kobe fans."

B) Note that I didn't say that all Laker fans dislike Jordan, only that 90% of those who dislike Jordan are Laker fans, which has been my experience across many forums.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy