Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #46
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Fun Fact: 90% of Kobe h@ters are Jordan ********.
i don't get how guys who run down kobe can be big jordan fans or vice-versa. i love watching kobe (liked it more when he was young actually) because he reminds me so much of mike. his field of vision, the way he always looks to attack. the only thing i don't like is when he settles for too many jumpers, but when kobe dictates to the defense and takes what he wants i love to watch him, especially when he's in the flow of the triangle and everybody is playing at a high level.

too bad he's a laker
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #47
1 to 11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

1 to 11 has an OK reputation so far

I hated Jordan the first part of his career... I was a Detroit/Isiah Thomas fan so of course when he got over the bad boy hump I hated dood... then he retired and came back and I just couldnt deny Mj anymore... He was so great I had to respect his game... But the first part of his career I thought dood was a over hyped ball hog....
1 to 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #48
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I hated Jordan with all my heart. I can admit that he is probably the best basket ball player ever. I recognize all he did during his time in the NBA and milestone and such. What I hated the most about him were his fans. Most of them weren't even from Chicago and they were "huge" Bulls fans. Then when he left the team they all of a sudden stopped the fanatasism for the Bulls. I wonder why? So, looking back I hate his fans as well. Not the loyal Bulls fans, just the bandwagon jumpers that left after he left. I hate him though because he didn't know when to stop and left old and beat insteda of leaving on top like the player he was. The baseball thing also made me hate him.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #49
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i don't get how guys who run down kobe can be big jordan fans or vice-versa. i love watching kobe (liked it more when he was young actually) because he reminds me so much of mike. his field of vision, the way he always looks to attack. the only thing i don't like is when he settles for too many jumpers, but when kobe dictates to the defense and takes what he wants i love to watch him, especially when he's in the flow of the triangle and everybody is playing at a high level.

too bad he's a laker

To be clear, I dislike Kobe for reasons besides his play on the court. I actually enjoy watching him play.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #50
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Fun Fact: 90% of Kobe h@ters are Jordan ********.

Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #51
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Fun fact: there's a lot clearer reason why Jordan lovers dislike Kobe (copied his moves, unjustly compared to Jordan etc.). Why do Laker fans dislike MJ? I've never heard a reasonable explanation.

I've always wondered how a Kobe fan could dislike MJ. It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #52
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I just said it. Hated him because I just did.. Everyone loved him and I didn't.
I always wanted him to lose yet he always won.
He was the best and I couldn't stand that.

But who'd I'd rather watch? Jordan who I hated at the time or Penny, a guy who I loved at the time?
No question, Jordan every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Fun question: Why do Jordan fans hate Kobe but not LeBron, Wade and other elite swingmans?

Folks, our agendas are far too obvious..
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #53
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I've always wondered how a Kobe fan could dislike MJ. It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you hit it on the head.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #54
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe is not like an Elvis impresionator. That's just ignorant.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #55
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:

classic!!!!!!!!
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What Kobe fans at ISH dislike Jordan?

You say Kobe copied Jordan's moves. What is wrong with "copying" somebody else's moves? I find that argument silly. Nobody "owns" basketball moves. And by the way, Jordan doesn't have a problem with sombeody copying "his moves". Why do you?

Kobe being unjustly compared to Jordan. How is that Kobe's fault? Carter, T-Mac, LeBron, Wade and Melo have been unjustly compared to Jordan. Where is your dislike for that, huh? It seems like you are singling Kobe out. I don't think it is right for ANYONE to be compared to Jordan until they have proven without a shadow of a doubt that they deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as him. Jorddan is the GOAT unquestionably.

I've never heard of Kobe fans hating Jordan. Though I have heard of some idiotic Kobe fans saying Kobe is better than Jordan. Even though those idiot fans feel that way, doesn't mean they hate or dislike Jordan. That just means that they believe Kobe is better. Which is wrong to feel that way.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #57
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It's like being a huge fan of an Elvis impersonator but hating Elvis.

beautiful

Quote:

Bingo... give that man a prize...

Kobe aped Jordan to a ridiculous degree and alot of people were flat out turned off by it... add kobe's arrogance (before he had even roven anything) to that and his retarded fans (not to mention the rape thing and the draft fiasco and running Shaq outta town and the 05 finals..and....and...and)and you have a good list of reasons why fans dislike kobe

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 03-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #58
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I have never heard of a Kobe fan hating Jordan. I think you are delusional and making stuff up. Who are these Kobe fans that hate Jordan?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #59
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Fun question: Why do Jordan fans hate Kobe but not LeBron, Wade and other elite swingmans?

Because none of them are unjustly (and constantly) compared to Jordan by obsequious, vacant fans.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #60
Loki
Banned

Quote:
What Kobe fans at ISH dislike Jordan?

A) Note that I said "Laker fans," not "Kobe fans."

B) Note that I didn't say that all Laker fans dislike Jordan, only that 90% of those who dislike Jordan are Laker fans, which has been my experience across many forums.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: