Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #61
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How many of you DIDN'T like Jordan?

Well let's see...

Laker fans hate Jordan because he beat us in his first Finals...

Maybe thats why?

See Knoe...we actually root for a team we grew up loving. We do not spend our time talking about someone he hate 24-7. So for us to hate a player that was on the opposing team would make more sense if you actually had a team to root for.

But no...keep on with your broken record self spewing the same bullsh*t you ben talking about 24-7 for the past couple of years.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #62
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
beautiful

Bingo... give that man a prize...

Kobe aped Jordan to a ridiculous degree and alot of people were flat out turned off by it... add kobe's arrogance (before he had even roven anything) to that and his retarded fans (not to mention the rape thing and the draft fiasco and running Shaq outta town and the 05 finals..and....and...and)and you have a good list of reasons why fans dislike kobe

Are you saying fans dislike Kobe for things that have happened in the PAST? I guess people can't change in your mind. The concept of forgiveness is lost on you and people who hate on Kobe. I guess it doesn't matter how much Kobe changes because ****** like you will always want to bring up things he di in the past, even if he is a totally different person in the present. Kobe can't CONTROL the fact he has some people that are fans of his that are idiots. Why are you bringing stuff up that is beyond is control? The draft fiasco happened YEARS ago. WHy can't you get over it? Are people not allowed to be immature while young? Get outta here. I guess you are the type to hold grudges against people for things they have done YEARS AGO. And btw, some believe ****** liek you are reading too much into the draft "fiasco." Running Shaq out of town is arguable not something that is undeniably true.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #63
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Hated teh ghost calls similiar to how people feel about WADE right now...of course his ghost calls where more based on tenure and I was a New Yorker at the time...

91 Lakers fans knew the Lakers pulled off a miracle to beat the rail Blazers so I didn't expect much against MJ in teh Finals...the hunger on dudes face was insane.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #64
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Never hated him. Idolized him actually. I dont see how any Kobe fan can hate MJ or MJ fan hate Kobe. They carry themselves almost the same exact way on the court. For the love of the game, no one can hate Mike.

About copying moves, if you're growing up soaking your brain in with Mike tapes and you have the talent to incorporate those moves and use them to your advantage, you would be a fool not to.

The media is responsible most for Kobe/MJ comparisons btw. From the second the dude set foot on a basketball court, it all came out. "MJ wasn't this good at 19" is where it all started.

That said, I think Kobe did somethings that were immature because he rode the hype a lil. Talking like MJ for one..example: had that same bend to his mouth when saying the word "Defense". But I dont know, kid was 18 outta high school being compared to the GOAT more than anyone has been, doesn't surprise me that one can get carried away in that situation.

I think today though, Kobe is beyond that. He respects Mike and all but hes waay over that whole emulating MJ thing. Especially after the coloroda instance, I think it humbled him. what you see is what you get.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #65
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Never hated him. Idolized him actually. I dont see how any Kobe fan can hate MJ or MJ fan hate Kobe. They carry themselves almost the same exact way on the court. For the love of the game, no one can hate Mike.

About copying moves, if you're growing up soaking your brain in with Mike tapes and you have the talent to emulate those moves and use them to your advantage, you would be a fool not to.

The media is responsible most for Kobe/MJ comparisons btw. From the second the dude set foot on a basketball court, it all came out. "MJ wasn't this good at 19" is where it all started.

That said, I think Kobe did somethings that were immature because he rode the hype a lil. Talking like MJ for one..example: had that same bend to his mouth when saying the word "Defense". But I dont know, kid was 18 outta high school being compared to the GOAT more than anyone has been, doesn't surprise me that one can get carried away in that situation.

I think today though, Kobe is beyond that. He respects Mike and all but hes waay over that whole emulating MJ thing. Especially after the coloroda instance, I think it humbled him. what you see is what you get.

Well MJ fans dislike the way KB8 is compared to and fashioned his game and even on court off court mannerisms after MJ...

Its kinda annoying to wathc a guy mimic your idol....especially if your jealous becuz KB24 does it better than anyone else ever has.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #66
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Kobe hate is ridiculous at this point really.

If your from Philly I understand...but outside of that its the same bullsh*t.

Broken record sh*t.

But to be fair there are those fanatic Kobe fans...some.

But if you ask me and proof on these boards...there are more fanatic Kobe ****** (you KNOE who I'm talking about etc.)

And that sh*t is sad. Why would you come here spitting the same BS brining up a player you hate all the time? To the point you talk about that player more then anybody else?

Makes KNOE sense.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #67
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Are you saying fans dislike Kobe for things that have happened in the PAST? I guess people can't change in your mind. The concept of forgiveness is lost on you and people who hate on Kobe. I guess it doesn't matter how much Kobe changes because ****** like you will always want to bring up things he di in the past, even if he is a totally different person in the present. Kobe can't CONTROL the fact he has some people that are fans of his that are idiots. Why are you bringing stuff up that is beyond is control? The draft fiasco happened YEARS ago. WHy can't you get over it? Are people not allowed to be immature while young? Get outta here. I guess you are the type to hold grudges against people for things they have done YEARS AGO. And btw, some believe ****** liek you are reading too much into the draft "fiasco." Running Shaq out of town is arguable not something that is undeniably true

save the lecture

this is basketball... what reason would I have to change my mind on Kobe? Why in heavens name would I start liking him?

the rape?
snitching on Shaq?
his retarded fans?

Im not obligated to like kobe Bryant especially when he is so hard to like

Villans are just as important in sports as heroes..

you talking about forgivness like this is real life situations or something...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #68
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Getting back to the topic.........

I hated Jordan but respected him.

I hated him when he firs came into the NBA because I was a Lakers/Magic fan.

Magic won all these championships etc. and people were telling me Jordan was better. He was just a one man scoring machine at the time I thought...a ball hog...(sound similar to anyone now...LOL)

And then he beat my team in the Finals...and I hated him more.
I rooted for every team to dethrone him...but he always won.

After all was said and done...I look back at his career and respected the man.
I wouldn't say he was or is my favorite player but I do agree that he is the greatest. And as much as I hated him I loved to watch him play....just like Larry Bird...I hated him also with a passion...but loved his game. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #69
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Tex On Kobe Vs. MJ
Well before Air Jordan had even finished playing, folks began a feverish hunt for Heir Jordan, as if there could ever be another one.
But that’s what everyone — team owners, fans, reporters, publicists, advertising and broadcasting executives, even players and coaches — wanted, someone to thrill them in the way that Jordan had.
Phil Jackson and his assistant coaches were no different.
Even before they truly settled in their offices in Los Angeles in 1999, they began the comparisons.
MJ vs. the Kobester.
After all, the public debate had started as early as 1997 and ’98 when the teen-aged Bryant was breaking on the NBA scene and gunning to take on the master. Like every hot-handed young whippersnapper, he elicited comparisons to the professional game’s standard, the incomparable Jordan.
After all, that question had raged for years unanswered, who is the next Jordan?
The klieg lights had blinded one young candidate after another in the 1990s. USC’s Harold Miner, the “Baby Jordan.” Ron Harper before his knee injury. Grant Hill. Vince Carter.
It enraged some fans that the audacious Mr. Bryant seemed to openly court such comparison. He would deny it, of course, but this only seemed to fuel their rage.
They cursed and shook their heads when his youthful affectations seemed intentionally Jordanesque.
Today, a lot of fans consider the debate beneath themselves, because it’s “so nineties.”
Yeah, right.
I wrote a little column last week about how Bryant has finally earned the kind of respect from Phil Jackson that the coach once accorded Jordan.
Henry Abbott’s megafun ESPN blog, True Hoop, linked to the column and it elicited a staggering 258 (and counting) comments from jacked-up readers and posters in a raging debate over the merits of MJ or Kobe. Those figures don’t include the thousands of readers quietly seething over the issue, readers who simply don’t vent in a blog.
Some readers spew that it’s the stupid media causing all this, that it’s trite to compare the two, that there is no comparison.
Poppycock.
Such debates are the reason we follow sports. They’re just an extension of the competition. In fact, they’re the essence of NBA lore.
Russell vs. Wilt.
West vs. Oscar.
Bird vs. Magic.
Hakeem vs. Patrick.
Mention any one of those and it sets fans to woofing.
Even 85-year-old Tex Winter likes to jump in the fray.
A few years back, the Lakers coaching staff concluded Bryant and Jordan were much alike, almost eerie, in fact, when it came to the alpha male qualities of their competitive natures.
Kobe and Michael were ruthless when it came to winning, everyone agreed.
And their skills were similar.
Except Michael’s hands were larger.
The major difference between the two came with college experience. Jordan had played in a basketball system for Dean Smith at North Carolina, thus he was better prepared to play within a team concept.
Bryant had come into the league directly from high school with stars in his eyes.
This week I again raised the issue with Tex Winter, who spent years coaching each man.
“I tend to think how very much they’re alike,” he replied. “They both display tremendous reaction, quickness and jumping ability. Both have a good shooting touch. Some people say Kobe is a better shooter, but Michael really developed as a shooter as he went along. I don’t know if Kobe is a better shooter than Michael was at his best.”
Observers like to point out that Jordan played on a Chicago Bulls team with no great center, but Winter always countered that Jordan was a great post-up player and in essence was the premier post weapon of his time.
Bryant himself came into the NBA with amazingly good post skills, but there was never room for him to play in the post with Shaquille O’Neal occupying the lane during their years together with the Lakers.
In a lot of ways, Bryant is Jordan’s equal as a post player, Winter said, except for one critical element. “What’s happened to Kobe and his post play — and he is a great post player — is that he’s catching the ball just out of the lane and the defenders are forcing him out toward the wing.
“It’s hard for him to get a deep post position,” Winter explained. “Michael had a knack for holding his ground a little better than Kobe. Those strong defenders force Kobe out of there. When that happens, we need to go away from Kobe, instead of challenging the defense there. You don’t want him to start on the post and end up out on the wing.”
The situation leads some to wonder if Bryant’s difficulties in the post don’t lead him sometimes to an over-reliance on the 3-pointer.
“I like to see him take 3s when he’s got ‘em,” Winter said. “He’s an excellent 3-point shooter. I like to see him take them when the floor is spaced and the defense is not closing out fast enough. If the ball is moved quickly, then he has a chance at a good look. Plus defenders foul him on the close-out and he gets a chance at a four-point play. He would get more four-point plays if officials called it when defenders fouled him on the 3.”
Bryant also gets a lot of excellent looks when he charges up in transition and the defense is slow to react to him, Winter said. “He’ll bring the ball up. If they back up on him, he’ll move right to that 3-point line and hit it.”
Bryant has always faced questions about the quality and quantity of his shots.
“We study the tapes,” Winter said of Bryant’s recent scoring binge. “Actually, for the most part, he’s not forcing up a lot of bad shots. When he gets hot, he does take shots that would be questionable for other players. But a lot of the shots he’s taken go in.”
What constitutes a forced shot for most players is not necessarily a bad shot for Bryant, Winter explained. “He’ll take shots that not many other players are going to be able to hit, and he hits them.”
Long known as the innovator and developer of the triangle offense, Winter acknowledges that of recent Bryant has done much of his scoring while “not really running the triangle sequence options” that define the offense.
“But he is running out of the triangle format and making use of the offense’s spacing and ball movement,” Winter offered.
When the team does run the offense, Bryant finds most of his success at small forward, which allows him to work “behind the defense,” as Winter has often explained. “He gets the ball in position where he’s isolated and can attack the basket a little better. He gets more isolation that way. The triangle creates opportunity for him and he knows that.”
Even with all of Bryant’s offensive success, Winter said the team needs to keep the ball moving, that Bryant’s teammates still defer to him too much.
The main message that Winter, a Lakers consultant, would like to get across to Bryant is that the problem is not his offense.
“I’d like to see him play better defense,” Winter said, adding that he had addressed the issue recently with Bryant but didn’t come away with the idea that Bryant was intent on changing his approach.

“You know Kobe,” Winter said with a chuckle. “He has his game plan. I think he heard me. But he feels there’s a certain way he’s got to play the game. But it doesn’t involve a lot of basically sound defense.”
Because the Lakers need so much of his effort at the offensive end, Bryant has adopted a save-energy plan on the defensive end, Winter said. “He’s basically playing a lot of one-man zone. He’s doing a lot of switching, zoning up, trying to come up with the interception.
“The way Kobe plays defensively affects the team,” Winter added. “Anybody that doesn’t play consistently good defense hurts the team. That’s not only Kobe. Our other guards tend to gamble and get beat. Another problem is that the screen and roll is not played correctly.”

Coincidentally, there was an article about this where Tex Winter pitches in his opinion.

http://lakernoise.blogspot.com/
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #70
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
save the lecture

this is basketball... what reason would I have to change my mind on Kobe? Why in heavens name would I start liking him?

the rape?
snitching on Shaq?
his retarded fans?

Im not obligated to like kobe Bryant especially when he is so hard to like

Villans are just as important in sports as heroes..

you talking about forgivness like this is real life situations or something...

And you call yourself a Christian.

If he is so hard to like he really wouldn't have any fans. You hate on him for things he can't control. You don't have an obligation to act logically. And you are hating him for things beyond his control. Jordan has some idiotic fans. Is that a good reason to hate Jordan? NO. Villians in sports? You might be one of them fundies.

He was immature regarding the Shaq situation. But it is obvious he has become more mature and to hate him for something that is in the past is illogical. You say you are a Christian but don't forgive people when they do wrong. It is illogical to hate someone when they have changed. If everyone had your attitude no one would get along with anybody. And, it is very stupid and idiotic of you to accuse him of rape. I think you really crossed the line there pal. That proves your illogiocal hatred towards him Rasheed. You are a joke. Call yourself a Christian. Christians forgive people for past transgressions, fundy.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #71
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
And you call yourself a Christian.

If he is so hard to like he really wouldn't have any fans. You hate on him for things he can't control. You don't have an obligation to act logically. And you are hating him for things beyond his control. Jordan has some idiotic fans. Is that a good reason to hate Jordan? NO. Villians in sports? You might be one of them fundies.

He was immature regarding the Shaq situation. But it is obvious he has become more mature and to hate him for something that is in the past is illogical. You say you are a Christian but don't forgive people when they do wrong. It is illogical to hate someone when they have changed. If everyone had your attitude no one would get along with anybody. And, it is very stupid and idiotic of you to accuse him of rape. I think you really crossed the line there pal. That proves your illogiocal hatred towards him Rasheed. You are a joke. Call yourself a Christian. Christians forgive people for past transgressions, fundy.

People don't have to like Kobe Bryant, or any other professional athlete. When you get to the point of being this into defending him you need to take a step back. He's not your friend, your family member or anyone you even KNOW. He's an athlete, and in athletics there are people that people root for and people that people don't root for. Stop being one of those weird fans that get too involved in their favorite athletes.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #72
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
People don't have to like Kobe Bryant, or any other professional athlete. When you get to the point of being this into defending him you need to take a step back. He's not your friend, your family member or anyone you even KNOW. He's an athlete, and in athletics there are people that people root for and people that people don't root for. Stop being one of those weird fans that get too involved in their favorite athletes.

You are absolutely right man. No one has to like him. I am just saying some of his reasons for not liking him are logical. I just want to point that out. For example he hates him because of the draft "fiasco" and some of his fanst that are idiotic. The draft thing happened a decade ago. I am just trying to understand him better. If he is going to hate someone for something that happened a decade ago and going to hate him for something he has no control over, it just seems like he is hating the gut for no reason. That will cloud his judgement for any objective discussion of Kobe now and in the future. People should at the very least have logical reasons for hating Kobe.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #73
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl

And, this is easy for you to say. I bet if somebody hated your favorite player/s for no reason you wouldn't be saying that stuff. You also obviously hate Kobe as well, so of course you will defend Rasheed1 to no ends as long as the discussion pertains to your hatred of Kobe Bryant.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #74
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
You are absolutely right man. No one has to like him. I am just saying some of his reasons for not liking him are logical. I just want to point that out. For example he hates him because of the draft "fiasco" and some of his fanst that are idiotic. The draft thing happened a decade ago. I am just trying to understand him better. If he is going to hate someone for something that happened a decade ago and going to hate him for something he has no control over, it just seems like he is hating the gut for no reason. That will cloud his judgement for any objective discussion of Kobe now and in the future. People should at the very least have logical reasons for hating Kobe.
what draft fiasco are you guys referring to? is he supposed to have influenced the hornets decision to trade him for vlade?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #75
Jaz
I airball my layups

Jaz has an OK reputation so far

I was never a fan of jordon or his ballhog ways, and I really got tired of all the jordon-jockers.

After the era of Bird-Magic, the jordon era was one of flashy ballhoggedness.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: