Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Evaluate potential playoff opponents

all right so as the 7th or 8th seed:

vs Detroit- not a real contest here. the Nets can play methodically and Kidd can play Billups hard, but hard defense and the presence of a tough, serviceable frontcourt for the Pistons as well as a very good backcourt will be too much for the Nets. The loss of Krstic hurts here a lot.

Pistons in 4 or 5

vs Cleveland- this team lives and dies by Lebron. their frontcourt players are all hustlers and high energy guys and Ilgauskas still has something left in the tank. But the frontcourt is not exactly strong stuff. If these games were in the regular season, I would give the Nets the edge But since this is the playoffs and the NBA will not allow King James to be vanquished in Round 1, I may be inclined to say Nets lose this one

Lebron in 7 games

vs Washington- no defense by the Wizards. if the Nets can show something resembling defense, then this series ours.

Nets in 6

vs Raptors- Garbojosa is out, Parker is banged up, Bosh needs rest. if we draw this matchup, on paper we have an edge (both games the Raptors won at ACC were without RJ and one game was without Kidd) the only thing that concerns me is the home court advantage and how hostile it can get in Toronto.

Nets in 6

vs Miami

DWhistle and Shaq? too much to handle.

Heat in 4

what do you guys think?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Evaluate potential playoff opponents

I'll take anything ex vs the heat and pistons

Tho i think were gonna play the cavs
Cavs shouldnt be to hard we almost beat them in cleveland but lost the lead in the 4th cuz of silly TOs.

RJ + little help can control LJ

Z's 10 foot jumpers need a hand on his face

Moore should be able to handle Gooden alone just box him out aviod him from getting Off. rebounds

Kidd should be able to slow down larry

Carter shouldnt have a problem with snow

Pavlovic vs Boki will be interesting to watch

Varejao just box him out!!!

Just get a hand on Marshall's face that should slow him down...

This series will be close tho i think the Nets can win this one!!!!
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Big Rook
I airball my layups

Big Rook has an OK reputation so far

I apologize to rknine15 for getting "ONE" point wrong regarding the Raptors and Nets. You guys were right the Raptors and Nets did split the season series. But as for knowing nothing about the Nets, or Raptors I don't know about that. rknine15 goes on the Raptors forum and starts calling T.J. Ford a cancer and starts praising Mike James.......goes to show how you know "everything."

As for the Nets potential playoff opponents the only way they win in the first round is if they play Washington. All other teams will defeat them as the Nets - homecourt does not bode well for the Nets. If the Nets were to face the Raptors (highly doubtful) it would be a good series, but the Raptors would win in 6 even without Garbo. The Nets have yet to demonstrate this year that they are willing to play hard on both ends of the court consistently for 48 minutes and they do not have a good record away from home. What VC "potentially" brings to the offensive end is lost with his "decision" to not play tough 'D' for more than one half court set. CB4 would never allow the Nets and Carter to win a playoff series vs. Toronto. He was here and he saw how VC tried to sabotage the Raps.
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

if Nets play the Raptors you have to take into account the complete games the Nets had versus the Raptors as full units.

disregarding the season opener since the Raptors were still without goodchemisty and the Nets had Krstic, but not House or Boone, you look at the January game at CAA in which the Nets with a hobbling RJ played a full defensive game and worked on bot hends of the court to win a game.

but the season series is flawed and no more points can be drawn since both teams were not quite at ful strength at either times.

however, the playoff experience for the Nets helps them.

on the Raptors, who currently has playoff experience? TJ Ford? i think he was injured the years the Bucks made the playoffs.

Rasho won a title with the Spurs.

MoPete saw some action earlier on.

that's it... isn't it?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
I apologize to rknine15 for getting "ONE" point wrong regarding the Raptors and Nets. You guys were right the Raptors and Nets did split the season series. But as for knowing nothing about the Nets, or Raptors I don't know about that. rknine15 goes on the Raptors forum and starts calling T.J. Ford a cancer and starts praising Mike James.......goes to show how you know "everything."
Are you in grade two?? I already said i was wrong when I said "TJ being a cancer" I dont know what you want....he has been playing good basketball of late. Mike James played awesome as a Raptor last year dont start hating on every player that leaves Toronto I was just stating what he has done. You really really have poor comprehension skills.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
Big Rook
I airball my layups

Big Rook has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
Are you in grade two?? I already said i was wrong when I said "TJ being a cancer" I dont know what you want....he has been playing good basketball of late. Mike James played awesome as a Raptor last year dont start hating on every player that leaves Toronto I was just stating what he has done. You really really have poor comprehension skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15

Dude......T.J. Ford Cancer? Mike James awesome as a Raptor? I have bad comprehension skills. You are so off base in both instances. T.J. Ford comes back from a serious spinal injury...dives all over the place.........takes more contact in a game than Carter would in as season and you call him a "cancer" because of a few bad games. He is a character guy. Mike James was a ballhog that played for a contract and was a distraction at times during the season. Def not awesome.

P.S. I think you meant to say you have real(ly) poor comprehension skills. Or were you asking me a question
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

keep it civil guys. im not pointing fingers, but if this continues, I will delete threads.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

As for the Nets potential playoff opponents the only way they win in the first round is if they play Washington. All other teams will defeat them as the Nets - homecourt does not bode well for the Nets. If the Nets were to face the Raptors (highly doubtful) it would be a good series, but the Raptors would win in 6 even without Garbo. The Nets have yet to demonstrate this year that they are willing to play hard on both ends of the court consistently for 48 minutes and they do not have a good record away from home. What VC "potentially" brings to the offensive end is lost with his "decision" to not play tough 'D' for more than one half court set. CB4 would never allow the Nets and Carter to win a playoff series vs. Toronto. He was here and he saw how VC tried to sabotage the Raps.

That's now two more points you got wrong there. 1) You credited the wrong person. It was me who told you about the season split. 2) Playing hard will not be a factor in the playoffs. The Nets will bring it every night on both ends. 3) (just FYI) If the Raptors and the Nets matched up, we would beat you in 6.

VC, don't delete this thread. It's useful, unlike the "The Raptors are better than the Nets" thread. The only reason why this is happening is because a certain number of foreigners are coming and being "cancer" like. Please just tell them to get lost.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 03-29-2007 at 06:47 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Quote:
Dude......T.J. Ford Cancer? Mike James awesome as a Raptor? I have bad comprehension skills. You are so off base in both instances. T.J. Ford comes back from a serious spinal injury...dives all over the place.........takes more contact in a game than Carter would in as season and you call him a "cancer" because of a few bad games. He is a character guy. Mike James was a ballhog that played for a contract and was a distraction at times during the season. Def not awesome.

P.S. I think you meant to say you have real(ly) poor comprehension skills. Or were you asking me a question
Im sry but can i ask you a question "Do you take drugs for other reasons than medicinal purposes?"

How many times do i have to say i was worng when i said "TJ Ford is a cancer"

Mike James was great as a raptor last year. You clearly dont know anything about the raptors past.

P.S. Whats with the double quotes
Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
The only reason why this is happening is because a certain number of foreigners are coming and being "cancer" like. Please just tell them to get lost.
LOL :
Old 03-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Get Lost Foreigners.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #12
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Thanks
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
It's useful, unlike the "The Raptors are better than the Nets" thread.
-1 respect point.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh yea, i almost forgot...

i haven't seen too many other teams this year so it's hard for me to say how the nets would stack up against them. otherwise your predictions sound pretty reasonable, VCdrives.

the most intriguing factors for the nets would be 1) just how good is boone? can he continue to gain confidence and have success against better teams?, 2) will RJ continue to work his way back into form? how much better can he get?, 3) will the nets be able to put more effort into defense, which is absolutely essential?

so i see this is more about the nets than about other teams.

all the other teams in the east have serious flaws- even detroit and miami. it's not like we're in the west, in which case if we played the suns, mavs, rockets or spurs it's an automatic out.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #15
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Boone is getting all his points on pick and rolls right now, not posting up and creating from there.

still it works in the regular season but in the playoffs, they will adapt to it and shut that aspect of his game down.

and with Miami, Collins has be ineffective vs Shaq this year, possibly due to his reduced weight.

with Detroit, their regular season games were a thing of beauty to watch... for purists at least. the nets worked the ball methodically and fluidly, while the Pistons defended it methodically and fluidly as well.

too bad the Nets came up short when it counted, KRstic or no Krstic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: