Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #31
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot Rox
Are you the same guy who asked this question at Rockets.com

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Mail...216823-34.html

scroll down, the same exact question is asked.

I think we should let the bbs know so some of these guys can come flame the guy, :P.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

I stopped reading when I got to "trade Yao." Sorry...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:10 AM   #33
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Chucky Atkins, Mo Williams, Mike Bibby, Earl Boykins, Steve Blake are unrestricted free agent PGs available in the 07-08 season.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #34
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I think we should let the bbs know so some of these guys can come flame the guy, :P.

How many Houston fans are on that site, how many members?
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 AM   #35
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
How many Houston fans are on that site, how many members?

22,482 members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElPigto

haha, flame on!
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #36
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot Rox
Are you the same guy who asked this question at Rockets.com

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Mail...216823-34.html

scroll down, the same exact question is asked.

damn your right. here is the question copy and pasted from the rockets site.

You may think I am crazy with my next proposal. However, hear me out until I've finished. In order for the Houston Rockets to win the NBA championship next year, I think that the following changes should made.

First, here's the big one. I think the Rockets should trade Yao Ming. A sin you may be thinking, however, you must look at it from the big picture. During Yao's absence, the Rockets went 21-10. Yao's offensive load was easily made up by Tracy McGrady's 29.9 points over January (plus 7.1 assists over that same period) and 27.2 points over February which McGrady is more than capable of getting 30 points plus and six assists without Yao. To further prove my point, Yao's rebounding of 9.6 was outweighed by Dikembe's 10.6 as a starter and we all know Deke can block! Hence, I believe a trade of Yao would be a positive step forward as we have shown we are able to compensate his scoring, rebounding and blocking. Also Yao's 3.76 turnovers are second in the league.

The second change I believe should be done is either trading Rafer Alston or having him on the bench. Luther Head definitely needs to be at starting point. As a starter, Head already can average more points and just as much assists.
-- Pamapuria

You were right in the beginning, Pamapuria. I think you're crazy.

Sorry, I can't see trading arguably the most dominant center in the NBA. Yes, I agree the Rockets played well without Yao and that the center has some areas for improvement. Well, really he has one area of improvement -- trimming his turnovers. But really, I don't think there is any plausible scenario where you give away a dominating big man because you have other guys that are doing fine. I don't see how you can scoff at 24.7 points and 9.5 rebounds. And, I might add that the Rockets never really replaced his interior scoring when he was out. McGrady's numbers did go up, but he didn't make up for 24-plus points every night in the paint.

As for benching Rafer Alston for Luther Head, I'm not sure that's a wise move. Head, by his own account, is a shooting guard and doesn't possess the point guard skills of Alston. And I'll say it again, Alston doesn't get enough credit for running the offense.

Next thing you know, someone is going to tell me that the Rockets should trade Tracy McGrady.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #37
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I see that Skip Bayless is posting here now. Yao Ming is as untradable as you get. There aren't too many 7'4+ centers that are as skilled as Yao. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a center be the designated technical foul shooter?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #38
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I see that Skip Bayless is posting here now. Yao Ming is as untradable as you get. There aren't too many 7'4+ centers that are as skilled as Yao. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a center be the designated technical foul shooter?

Big Z shoots for the cavs lol.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #39
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Is this the stupidest thing i ever heard or what? As much as i hate Yao, your trading the best Center in the NBA today... just so you know...
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #40
tmacman
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Big Z shoots for the cavs lol.

HAHA yeah he does... lol
Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #41
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacman
Is this the stupidest thing i ever heard or what? As much as i hate Yao, your trading the best Center in the NBA today... just so you know...

You're a Rockets fan right? Why do you hate Yao?
brantonli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #42
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I'm curious to know this myself.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #43
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i find it hard to understand how anyone can hate yao. think he's overated, ok. dislike his game, sure. but the man himself has never done anything for people to hate him. he's never abandoned a team, never been a cancer, never starts ****, always tries his best, isnt cocky, etc
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #44
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

the biggest concern for Rockits is stay healthy.
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #45
tmacman
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

Because, he practically chucks up shots whenever he gets the ball, he thinks he's the offensive threat everytime, pass the ball more bro!

All the spotlight goes to him, and as you can see, my username tells it all.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: