Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #46
tmacman
Good High School Starter

Default Re: If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
You're a Rockets fan right? Why do you hate Yao?

Because, he practically chucks up shots whenever he gets the ball, he thinks he's the offensive threat everytime, pass the ball more bro! He went like 7-22 or something a couple games ago. When he's cold he's not really scary and still, chucks up shots....

All the spotlight goes to him, and as you can see, my username tells it all.
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #47
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Default Re: If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron15
the biggest concern for Rockits is stay healthy.
pretty much
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #48
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacman
Because, he practically chucks up shots whenever he gets the ball, he thinks he's the offensive threat everytime, pass the ball more bro! He went like 7-22 or something a couple games ago. When he's cold he's not really scary and still, chucks up shots....

he is told to shoot it almost everytime. when he first started playing the coach and even tmac would get on him because he would give up the ball too much. yao shoots a better % then tmac, he gets better looks and easier shots. even when he is cold, jvg tells him to keep shooting. what about when tmac is cold and keeps shooting? do you hate him then too? jvg tells tmac to keep shooting as well. basically, you hate yao because he is taking shine off of tmac? btw, even tmac will tell you that he wants yao shooting the ball when he gets it.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #49
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Quote:

I hate arguing with a fellow rockets fan on an NBA board, but I don't understand your concerns about Yao.

As rezznor said, Yao is told by JVG to shoot. There is only one reason why there would be an entry pass to Yao down in the paint, and it's for him to do two things:

1. Shoot.

2. When double-teamed, pass it out.

For some odd reason, quite a lot of teams leave Yao on single coverage for the game (the only team I can think of off the top of my head are the Clippers who doubled Yao instantly), and so Yao is free to operate and abuse his man down low, to get the short hook shot or the foul. That's basically the Yao Ming strategy. This results in him shooting so much in the games he's bene back in, adding in the fact that Yao and the team needs to jell quickly for the playoffs, and you get Yao as first option and T-mac facilitating.

As for Yao's 7-22 nights, those never come often, and you have to take in the fact that Yao's middle and ring finger have been taped together since he dislocated them a week ago. Try it now, keep your middle and ring finger together and try to shoot an imaginery ball. It's much harder than having all your fingers seperate. Look at Yao's box scores in the second half of the Milwaukee and Clipper game, I believe that he shot over 50% in that game and a half. Don't worry about Yao's shot selection, centers are never meant to pass the ball anyway (ask Eddy Curry). I hope I've changed your mind about Yao, lets enjoy him for the next 10 years!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #50
rezznor
Nosetradamus

i would be more critical of him dribbling the ball (to get it stolen) then him shooting the ball.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #51
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:

Wow, a Houston Rockets fan that dislikes Yao. IMO, Yao has the green light to put up as many shots as he can. Aside from a couple poor shooting games since hes been back, Yao still puts up over 50%. If you are shooting 50%, you can take as many shots as you can.

Yao also does a great job passing, 3 AST last game against the Clippers. I don't think Yao shoots too much, honestly I don't think he shoots enough. Out of the 40 games he has played, only 6 of those games are where he had 20+ FGA.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #52
ElPigto
*****istrator

Wait a minute tmacman, you wouldn't happen to be this chinese reporter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summarized Article from Chinese Website
Well, I just read the news from a chinese sport website. (sports.qq.com)

They said TMac was blaming Yao had more shooting attempts than he did in past two games (Hornets and Bucks). Indeed, Yao had 44 attempts in total, only hit 16 of them. He was also saying Yao killed his jumper chances and not tried to attack the rim. After the game against Bucks, he took his private jet directly to LA, not with his teamate and that was abit unusual action from TMac as the reporter noticed. Then in the latest game vs Clippers, TMac tried not to pass the ball to Yao and finished it by himself. Pretty obviously, Tmac's 30 attempts much more than Yao with 14.

ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #53
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Wait a minute tmacman, you wouldn't happen to be this chinese reporter:

wow, thats the first time ive ever heard of tmac not happy about his touches. everything ive seen seemed to indicate that he was trying to get yao more involved and save his big games for when hes needed and the playoffs.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #54
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
wow, thats the first time ive ever heard of tmac not happy about his touches. everything ive seen seemed to indicate that he was trying to get yao more involved and save his big games for when hes needed and the playoffs.

Exactly. Thats why the chinese reporter is speaking total bull. In an interview after the game, T-Mac said himself that he went up to Yao, who was about to shoot some crucial free throws, told Yao to calm down and focus, and not worry about how he was struggling in the previous 2 games.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #55
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

I just posted the translation to make a point about tmacman. This report does come from some chinese website that has a reporter here in the US, but most of the time the Chinese reporters are talking out of their butts, which is why I referred this to tmacman, no need to be alarmed rezznor.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #56
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

let me see.... if I had a big man who shoots over .50
why wouldn't I want him to be more aggresive and make my job easier?

everyone's doing the right thing here

besides wanting to trade Yao
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #57
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Yeah trade yao to the cavs will give you drew gooden Varjeo and Z and Larry And Damon Jones. and hell will throw in a free sf with ira newble also. a whole lineup.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #58
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Yeah trade yao to the cavs will give you drew gooden Varjeo and Z and Larry And Damon Jones. and hell will throw in a free sf with ira newble also. a whole lineup.

i would take that trade only if are allowed to start those 5 along with tmac, alston, hayes, and battier..all on the floor at the same time.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #59
IBall280
Decent playground baller

the rockets can not be champs unless they play well and play hard, b/c they already have the players to win
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #60
ST JIMMY
Banned

tmacman aint a Houston fan. He's a TMac fanatic. There's no way you can support the Rockets while hating Yao Ming.
ST JIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: