Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default When was the last time that a 5th seed clinched a playoff spot before a 3rd seed?

The Bulls clinched a playoff spot today with a win against the Pistons and since division leaders are gauranteed at least a top 4 seed, their still the 5th seed, but if they beat the Cavs on Saturday they would have the 2nd seed for the moment.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: When was the last time that a 5th seed clinched a playoff spot before a 3rd seed?

Probably never because this is the 1st year NBA standings have worked like this. So overall, dumb question
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: When was the last time that a 5th seed clinched a playoff spot before a 3rd seed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Probably never because this is the 1st year NBA standings have worked like this. So overall, dumb question

I was pretty sure that it was never because it shows how screwed up the freakin' rules are this year and of coarse I was sarcastic with my question. I really think that playoff seedings should be from best team to worst team instead of this crap!

Last edited by Crazy Style : 03-29-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

blablabla... if your team wasn't at the disadvantage you wouldn't say sh!t
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I was pretty sure that it was never because it shows how screwed up the freakin' rules are this year and of coarse I was sarcastic with my question. I really think that playoff seedings should be from best team to worst team instead of this crap!

Last year you have to win division title to reach top 3 seed, I don't know, what's your problem?

Last edited by Silverbullit : 03-29-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: