Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #16
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who do you consider in there prime, right now?

I would take Yao out just bc he can still learn a few more things like handling double teams better.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #17
Free
Great young streetballer

Free has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
I would take Yao out just bc he can still learn a few more things like handling double teams better.

That's the only reason why I don't feel Yao is a dominant player yet. When he learns how and when to pass out of a double team, he'll be unstopable and his impact will be unmatched.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #18
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
that is a good point. i've just been very impressed by how he's abused single coverage from both blocks and even the wing extended, but i don't see all the rockets games.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #19
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Garnett
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #20
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Wallace
Pau Gasol
Paul Pierce
Joe Johnson (?)
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #21
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iverson is the type of player that came in and have had the same type of game and skill set - unchanged, unimproved, and yet untarnished. He just has that raw ability. His game has longevity but much of it is due to smaller guys' luxury when it comes to legs. You can't say he really became better at one thing. His range has been always less than 42-45% his entire career. He either has to shoot a lot, or work off a dribble and fearlessly use his body down low (in fairness, he has been an exceptional distributor as well as we see more in Denver). I am trying to say he has been this way for a long time. I see Wade pretty much going in this direction as well. I don't see Wade developing any further than how he plays now - scrappy, fearless, and a so so range.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #22
Free
Great young streetballer

Free has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
Iverson is the type of player that came in and have had the same type of game and skill set - unchanged, unimproved, and yet untarnished. He just has that raw ability. His game has longevity but much of it is due to smaller guys' luxury when it comes to legs. You can't say he really became better at one thing. His range has been always less than 42-45% his entire career. He either has to shoot a lot, or work off a dribble and fearlessly use his body down low (in fairness, he has been an exceptional distributor as well as we see more in Denver). I am trying to say he has been this way for a long time. I see Wade pretty much going in this direction as well. I don't see Wade developing any further than how he plays now - scrappy, fearless, and a so so range.

Wade has improved his range each year that he's been in the league and now he has a good solid midrange game all the way out to 21 ft. When he first came into the league, he had VERY limited range probably to about 15 ft and his jumpshot was very inconsistant. He's even become really good at comming off the screen with the catch and shoot while using the glass I might add. I really don't understand why people continue to say that Wade won't improve or that he can't shoot when he's defied that logic time and time again.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
Patrick27 I'd define prime of their careers to mean their value is the highest. Previous years were worse, and I don't anticipate future years to be better. We'll look back and appreciate their contributions most for this year.

Gerald Wallace
Steve Nash
Paul Pierce
Lamar Odom
Antonio McDyess

You have got to be kidding me.. Your rekon a 2006/07 Mcdyss is more prime than a 1998/99 Mcdyss....

06/07 > 7.7ppg / 5.9rpg / 0.7spg / 0.8bpg
98/99 > 21.2ppg / 10.7rpg / 1.5spg / 2.3bpg

Personally, id take a 98/99 mcdyss over a 06/07 mcdyss, call me crazy?

didnt realize this cat had good D numbers (1.5/2.3)
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: