Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Fans of teams that have a terrible management

How do you take it?

Do you just hope that one day something will change or you keep supporting your team no matter what and just deal with the fact that they may not be good in the future because the management is screwing them up for years to come.

Well, obviously there are some terrible GM's out there but how many teams have clueless owners who dictate what the team will be doing in the future?

So anyway, fans of the TWolves and other teams, how do you deal with this?
You obviously love the team but you hate the people who are in the team...
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fans of teams that have a terrible management

My team used to have terrible management. Now we have coleangelo!
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:30 AM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
How do you take it?

Do you just hope that one day something will change or you keep supporting your team no matter what and just deal with the fact that they may not be good in the future because the management is screwing them up for years to come.

Well, obviously there are some terrible GM's out there but how many teams have clueless owners who dictate what the team will be doing in the future?

So anyway, fans of the TWolves and other teams, how do you deal with this?
You obviously love the team but you hate the people who are in the team...

sometimes you just dont have a choice. you only have your local team, ya know? you suffer every year. its a love/hate thing.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #4
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

Lets just say it's not easy being a Knick fan. Making the playoffs will be like winning a title.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i take it like a man.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM   #6
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Screw everyone else... I feel so bad for Clippers fans, they are some seriously die-hard fans, and deserve much better, especially if they are one of those that don't jump on the bandwagon of that other team in town.

Ok I'm off topic a bit, but if I were a Clippers fan, and you asked me how I dealt with my awful gm... I would probably have to be taking large amounts of drugs or be jumping off of bridges.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 03-30-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #7
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im gonna have to agree that loyal clippers fans have got to be some of the best. if your still rooting for that team with the temptation of the lakers playing in the same arena, and havent jumped ship yet, you deserve kudos. or maybe its becuz you cant get lakers tickets..
Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #8
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I'd hate to be a Hawks fan..they've been bad since I can remember..maybe they will luck out in the lottery this year..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #9
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

danny ainge voodoo doll. not taking it too seriously. being REALLY nostalgic.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #10
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Rockets fan till i die...
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
rezznor
Nosetradamus

when the rockets were in the cellar, i honestly wasnt watching them as much. i was still a fan, never dumped my loyalties, but there was nothing to get excited about. i was always hyped in the offseason tho, with hope of improvement for the next year.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Well, one thing that's making me happy about the Clipper management is that they are actually trying. I like the effort that Elgin and Donald made in the past 3-4 seasons. I just wish they didn't sign Kaman and Dunleavy to extensions. I can live with Mobley and Thomas getting their big contracts, but Kaman and Dunleavy. Unbelievable. Elgin did deserve the GM of the year last season. But he f*cked up signing Kaman and Dunleavy to extensions.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #13
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Years of awful, awful management has brought me to hope for things that would shake it up.

Things like Garnett getting traded for crap, or Garnett opting out and becoming a free agent.

I actually now HOPE that these things happen, so that people are fired and replaced with people with brains.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #14
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
when the rockets were in the cellar, i honestly wasnt watching them as much. i was still a fan, never dumped my loyalties, but there was nothing to get excited about. i was always hyped in the offseason tho, with hope of improvement for the next year.

I think the only season that I sort of gave up on my team was the year Steve Francis missed like 57 games. I remember I probably only watched like 50 games that year. It was trully the first year that I felt like crap being a Rockets fan. I just wanted some playoff taste and could not take the punishment of going through a 28-54 (I believe that was the record, or something close to that) season.

Thankfully that awful season got us Yao. That's trully the only season I did not attempt to watch 82 games of Rocketball.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Well, one thing that's making me happy about the Clipper management is that they are actually trying. I like the effort that Elgin and Donald made in the past 3-4 seasons. I just wish they didn't sign Kaman and Dunleavy to extensions. I can live with Mobley and Thomas getting their big contracts, but Kaman and Dunleavy. Unbelievable. Elgin did deserve the GM of the year last season. But he f*cked up signing Kaman and Dunleavy to extensions.

Elgin did some good things, I didn't think he really did enough to deserve GM of the year though. The history of Donald Sterling is an absolute joke though, and the entire reason behind the Clippers being voted the worst franchise EVER in all of the major sports a few years back in SI. Lately he's spent a little more money to keep his guys and changed a few of his strategies which has helped, he should still sell the team for the fans sake.

Clippers have had lots of talent over the years (and why shouldn't they, they've sucked so bad they usually get in the lottery), but they have no patience or long-term pride, they've had championship talent but always screw it up in a MAJOR sort of way. Right now the Clipps are on the verge of possibly losing Maggette and probably will in the near future, that's a MAJOR(!!!) loss and Clippers management will act like it's not that big of a deal if it happens. That kind of stuff sets you guys back 3-4 years every time it happens, other teams do whatever they can to make sure things like that are minimized.

Hopefully you guys can stay in the playoffs, even though you're not going to make it past the first round. Shame about Livingston too, good luck, uhhhh break a leg ;) as they say in the biz.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 03-30-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: