Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Pyro
Banned

Arrow If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

You may think I am crazy with my next proposal. However, hear me out until I've finished. In order for the Houston Rockets to win the NBA championship next year, I think that the following changes should made.

First, here's the big one. I think the Rockets should trade Yao Ming. A sin you may be thinking, however, you must look at it from the big picture. During Yao's absence, the Rockets went 21-10. Yao's offensive load was easily made up by Tracy McGrady's 29.9 points over January (plus 7.1 assists over that same period) and 27.2 points over February which McGrady is more than capable of getting 30 points plus and six assists without Yao. To further prove my point, Yao's rebounding of 9.6 was outweighed by Dikembe's 10.6 as a starter and we all know Deke can block! Hence, I believe a trade of Yao would be a positive step forward as we have shown we are able to compensate his scoring, rebounding and blocking. Also Yao's 3.76 turnovers are second in the league.

The second change I believe should be done is either trading Rafer Alston or having him on the bench. Luther Head definitely needs to be at starting point. As a starter, Head already can average more points and just as much assists.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Default Re: If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

Do you not know what a sample size is?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

Default Re: If The Rockets Want To Be Champs, This Is What They Have To Do !!!!!

If you think Deke can keep that up for 82 games and somemore for the post-season..you are making a big mistake...

If I am a Rocket, I would only trade Yao in one condition - Getting Greg Oden.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
aahhsin
Banned

no, the rockets can become champs by throwing some money at the pf position.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR_ball_Jordan
If you think Deke can keep that up for 82 games and somemore for the post-season..you are making a big mistake...

If I am a Rocket, I would only trade Yao in one condition - Getting Greg Oden.

Hell no, not even for Oden. The Rockets starting losing most of their games right before Yao came back. And Tmac does not have time to wait for Oden to fully develop.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

I think the PF spot is pretty solid actually. Hayes brings some grit and Howard has the jumper.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Unless they manage to trade Yao for both Amare and a Barbosa type or maybe Dwight Howard, Nelson, and Grant Hill to bring off the bench.....nah. And both of those would still be really really questionable.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
I think the Rockets should trade Yao Ming.

stopped reading right here and started laughing.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
rezznor
Nosetradamus

1. the rockets are 9 and 3 since yao has been back.

2. deke cant play the entire season with starters minutes

3. our offense stalls when head is running the point and alston is on the bench (although i do agree that we could use a better pg, there just arent many options for us)

4. we could use a pf, but hayes is pretty good

5. yao scoring + tmac scoring combined is > tmac scoring more by himself.

6. tmac needs yao and yao needs tmac.

7. we need a reliable 3rd scoring option that can create his own shot (bonzi wells if he played), doesnt have to be an allstar.

Last edited by rezznor : 03-29-2007 at 04:23 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
SCY
Put yr guns up

Trading Yao is A. stupid and B. it's not going to happen. We do need a better PG than Alston, and Luther's not a PG and isn't the answer. Sam Cassell's getting up there with age and the injuries, but someone like him would really boost the Rockets chances.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

More I think about it id like to see this team have a year with Vangundy.

Alston/Nelson
Tmac/Head
Battier/Hill/Bonzi
Howard/Hayes
Dwight/Mutombo

Neither the Rockets or Magic would do the trade. But im not pretending its realistic.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #12
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
You may think I am crazy with my next proposal. However, hear me out until I've finished. In order for the Houston Rockets to win the NBA championship next year, I think that the following changes should made.

First, here's the big one. I think the Rockets should trade Yao Ming. A sin you may be thinking, however, you must look at it from the big picture. During Yao's absence, the Rockets went 21-10. Yao's offensive load was easily made up by Tracy McGrady's 29.9 points over January (plus 7.1 assists over that same period) and 27.2 points over February which McGrady is more than capable of getting 30 points plus and six assists without Yao. To further prove my point, Yao's rebounding of 9.6 was outweighed by Dikembe's 10.6 as a starter and we all know Deke can block! Hence, I believe a trade of Yao would be a positive step forward as we have shown we are able to compensate his scoring, rebounding and blocking. Also Yao's 3.76 turnovers are second in the league.

The second change I believe should be done is either trading Rafer Alston or having him on the bench. Luther Head definitely needs to be at starting point. As a starter, Head already can average more points and just as much assists.

your reasoning for trading the best or secound best center in the game is to get tmac more points.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #13
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

As already stated, the Rockets just need to solidify the PG position. The Hawks can never have too many SF's, maybe they could manage to send Bonzi over in a SAT for Claxton
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #14
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
More I think about it id like to see this team have a year with Vangundy.

Alston/Nelson
Tmac/Head
Battier/Hill/Bonzi
Howard/Hayes
Dwight/Mutombo

Neither the Rockets or Magic would do the trade. But im not pretending its realistic.

Dwight does not have the post moves to draw attention like Yao so he would not spread the defense as well. I for one would not like to see that team under JVG.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #15
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

This thread needs to be renamed to......

"If the Rockets want to be the worst team in the League, This is what they need to do"

Trade Yao who's only 26 , who is this Skip Brainless. Do People remember the MVP year Yao was having before he went down with injury....d@mn

Also run the point with Head.............hell no, have you seen Luther Head run the point, he's a turnover machine. I would rather run the point with J. Lucas.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: