Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #16
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Prince or Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Guys, Josh Howard sucks. Devean George is clearly better than him.
You don't even realize how much better Howard looks next to Dirk.

you are pretty funny.

Quote:
Oh really? Well mister, there are very knowledgable Mavs fans on this board who will definitely agree with my opinion.
Game, set, match. You lose.

oh wait you are serious. I'm thinking only Fab or Joe Wait might agree.

Quote:
Not nearly as dumb as you. Is that even possible btw?

The thing is that you people just don't get the game.
If you can't see Dirk's impact then you're just blind. When has Howard ever done anything? Be serious now. Dirk has made him the player that he is today and without him he'd be nothing.
Mavs are full of mediocre players who were made to be bigger than they are because they play with Dirk.
You can't see Dirk's impact? Fine. But explain me how Devean George who was considered a nobody on the Lakers is now the Mavs 2nd best player?

Oh ok, you ARE Fab. nice one. I'm sorry people don't like your views but to create another name just to try and bolster them is beyond pathetic.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #17
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Give me Prince all day...although Prince's not as good as Howard in offensive end. He also has above average offensive skills. Good post up game, ball-handling, and shooting. Just that Prince isn't asked as much effort as Howard in the offensive end. And on the defensive end Prince > Howard.

Last edited by AIR_ball_Jordan : 03-30-2007 at 10:16 AM.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #18
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR_ball_Jordan
Give me price all day...although Price's not as good as Howard in offensive end. He also has above average offensive skills. Good post up game, ball-handling, and shooting. Just that Pirce isn't asked as much effort as Howard in the offensive end. And on the defensive end Price > Howard.

Prince. P-R-I-N-C-E
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Give me price all day...although Price's not as good as Howard in offensive end. He also has above average offensive skills. Good post up game, ball-handling, and shooting. Just that Pirce isn't asked as much effort as Howard in the offensive end. And on the defensive end Price > Howard.

LOL Prince not price. But Price was a beast.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #20
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Before you people start thinking I was serious, lemme break it down to you..

IT
WAS
JUST
A
FABCASABLANCAS
IMITATION

Nothing more

So please....

Anyway, I love both players, would trade anyone on the Lakers but Kobe for one of them even though I do have some doubts about Prince.
I'm more familiar with Prince's game and therefore more impressed (04 finals) but Josh has improved so much that I believe that he's a superior player now.
Right about now, Prince really should be more agressive I think.
Howard is great though. A great player.
Just has it all. I think his toughness is very important to the Mavs.

But then again, he's garbage without Dirk..

Mathius
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #21
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
LOL Prince not price. But Price was a beast.

I'll fix that :)
Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #22
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here but I think Prince needs to take his game onto the next level or otherwise he"ll be just another Lamar Odom although much better but you get the picture.

He averaged pretty much the same numbers 2 seasons ago. Shouldn't he by now be more than a role player?
Maybe it's the system, I don't know but...Josh has turned himself into a star, I mean Dirk has made him a star.
But Prince is still a role player..
See where I'm getting at?

Prince needs to take his game to the next level and become a star. I think he has the talent to do it.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #23
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here but I think Prince needs to take his game onto the next level or otherwise he"ll be just another Lamar Odom although much better but you get the picture.

He averaged pretty much the same numbers 2 seasons ago. Shouldn't he by now be more than a role player?
Maybe it's the system, I don't know but...Josh has turned himself into a star, I mean Dirk has made him a star.
But Prince is still a role player..
See where I'm getting at?

Prince needs to take his game to the next level and become a star. I think he has the talent to do it.

Yeah agree, but there are so much talent and go-to-guys on his team. Hamilton, Billups, Wallace and now Webber
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #24
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think its wrong to say Princes D is far better than Howards. Prince has better overall defenders to cover his mistakes than the Mavs do.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tayshaun is a better shooter, defender, passer, decision maker, ball handler, and his ppg are limited by his position in the offense (5th option) compared to Josh in addition to him (Tay) taking 3.2 less shots per game.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #26
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Tayshaun is a better shooter, defender, passer, decision maker, ball handler, and his ppg are limited by his position in the offense (5th option) compared to Josh in addition to him (Tay) taking 3.2 less shots per game.

Howard is a better rebounder. And he gets more steals and blocks. But I think you are right and the d still goes to prince. I think Howard is a better shooter though.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #27
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Howard is a better rebounder. And he gets more steals and blocks. But I think you are right and the d still goes to prince. I think Howard is a better shooter though.
Prince has better 3pt shooting percentage. So I say Howard being a better shooter is debatable. And I don't think Tayshuan's defensive ability can really shown from just stats like bpg and spg. He's a better man to man defender at least.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #28
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Prince has better 3pt shooting percentage. So I say Howard being a better shooter is debatable. And I don't think Tayshuan's defensive ability can really shown from just stats like bpg and spg. He's a better man to man defender at least.

I said that he was the better defender....

But howard has a much better ft%
Old 03-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Prince shoots 0.456 from 2 vs. 0.451 for Howard
Prince shoots 0.402 from 3 vs. 0.372 for Howard

Prince shoots 0.774 on FTs compared to Howard at 0.817

Howard has a 0.09 more blocks per game but Tayshaun has Sheed, Nazr, Max, Webber, DD all out there swattin **** too, and if you watch Tayshaun in-game, especially in transition, you'll see he's a superior shot blocker.

Howard definitely has more steals, but you could also say Tay has superior man2man D and therefore doesn't jump on the ball nearly as much.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #30
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If they switched places, most would say Prince.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: