Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #46
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation
Default Re: Has a player ever influenced you to buy a shoe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
you think assey mcgee's got a pair of starbury's under a pile of whiskey bottles?

I think Assey would shoot anyone wearing Starbury's on sight.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #47
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cant say they have....the new Tmac's and KGs when they dropped drew interest but I never pursued and bought them. And doubt I will. I might get the KG's tho. Back in the day players influenced me and my peers. Long live the Fab 5!

Did you end up getting those Hurache's BTW?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #48
-primetime-

shawn bradly...

I miss those shoes
Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #49
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
I'd say the fact that Marbury actually wears his shoes in NBA games has convinced me to try a pair. At $15, I've got very little to lose.

I havent' done it, but I had the same thought. If he's actually wearing them in games, they can't be too horrible. And if I hate them, it's only $15.

I like Tmac as a player, and I've bought Tmacs a few times, but I don't think it's because of him. I just buy whatever shoe is the best combination of comfort, looks, and price, in that order.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Did you end up getting those Hurache's BTW?

Back then? Hell yea...had the 3/4 inch joints and the lowtops. But recently i had the lowtops when they came back out. Couldnt find the Michigan colorways that i had/and they wore back then. I loved those kicks.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #51
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMshooter
I think Assey would shoot anyone wearing Starbury's on sight.

Well I bought a pair
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #52
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

does grant hill still wear FILA? Does ANYONE wear FILA?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #53
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
does grant hill still wear FILA? Does ANYONE wear FILA?

No. I don't think there's a single player out there that wears Fila.
I had the GH2's though. I didn't buy them because of Grant Hill.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:56 AM   #54
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I really wanted the shoes that Chauncey used when the Pistons won the finals, but they would probably be expensive and I didn't have much money. Plus I couldn't find them.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #55
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Once.

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:20 PM   #56
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
Once.

nice, the OG Pennies. I bought those for my wifey when they first came out. holy, that was 10 years ago.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: