Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum > Fantasy Premier League

Fantasy Premier League Fantasy BBall Premier League

Old 10-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Attention league (Vote) : Move up the end of the fantasy reg season?

This thread is to view the interest members have in pushing up the end of the fantasy regular season a week so that teams will have their star players in the fantasy playoffs... as opposed to those players resting the final week of the real NBA season they would be playing.

Often times NBA teams rest their stars the final week of the regular season in preparation for the playoffs, some people find this annoying, and in some leagues they avoid that issue by moving up the end of the fantasy regular season

How do people feel about this? should we vote? change it? or keep the same?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
Bird
I Drain 3's

Default Re: Attention league (Vote) : Move up the end of the fantasy reg season?

This probably should have been discussed prior to the draft, but I am fine with it being pushed up a week.

Not that I will be in the finals, but I want to see two competitive teams have their stars for the entire championship week.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Default Re: Attention league (Vote) : Move up the end of the fantasy reg season?

It's too late for this, we already drafted. I don't think it's even possible to change. As it stands, the finals are the last 9 days of the season - April 6th to April 15th.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It's too late for this, we already drafted. I don't think it's even possible to change. As it stands, the finals are the last 9 days of the season - April 6th to April 15th.
it can be changed until the first game of the NBA regular season.

Lol, is that supposed to be a good thing? Stars would be sitting out then, but either way it's managing fantasy basketball... if your good you'll win if your shit you'll lose
Old 10-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
it can be changed until the first game of the NBA regular season.

Lol, is that supposed to be a good thing? Stars would be sitting out then, but either way it's managing fantasy basketball... if your good you'll win if your shit you'll lose

I don't care either way, it's good and bad, you get Tim Duncan well below his value all year, knowing that he won't play the last week, would you be in the finals without getting him cheap all year? It's hard to say. If you don't want to worry about that stuff, then choose your players wisely, it shouldn't be hard to figure out who plays the last weeks by now.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
GP_20
Glove

Yes I vote having finals a week before regular season ends. Its stupid your best players may not play in the finals and whoever has "more players playing" rather than "best team" may win it.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Yes I vote having finals a week before regular season ends. Its stupid your best players may not play in the finals and whoever has "more players playing" rather than "best team" may win it.

Don't fret, you won't be in the finals so this won't be a concern for you.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #8
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
This probably should have been discussed prior to the draft, but I am fine with it being pushed up a week.

Not that I will be in the finals, but I want to see two competitive teams have their stars for the entire championship week.
does that mean you are a yes or no to this?

Yes:

Glove_20

No:

Pistol Pete

undecided: B4life
Old 10-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
does that mean you are a yes or no to this?

Yes:

Glove_20

No:

Pistol Pete

undecided: B4life

Bird agrees with the rule. Pistol Pete is indifferent/undecided.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Attila
Local High School Star

I vote NO
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:35 AM   #11
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Yes:

Glove_20
Bird
B4life

No:

Pistol Pete
Attila

need more votes guys
Old 10-21-2014, 03:53 AM   #12
iamgine

What are the dates change proposed here? From what date to what date?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:41 AM   #13
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I always end my league two weeks before the end of the regular season. I believe it's 18 regular season weeks and 3 playoff weeks (8 teams).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #14
iamgine

Also, I don't think this is something that can be passed without a unanimous yes since we already drafted and some people might have drafted with those dates in mind.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #15
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Also, I don't think this is something that can be passed without a unanimous yes since we already drafted and some people might have drafted with those dates in mind.
no one drafted with those dates in mind
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: