Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #16
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Durant Named AP POY: Better freshman season than Melo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Show me where ANYONE in this thread has said that Carmelo was "just good". Don't use quotes if you have nothing to quote. That's an assumption on your part.

I didn't put quotation marks to show an actual quote. I used them to show a general idea. That general idea is that Durant dominated while Carmelo did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11 in post #7 of this thread
Okay...

National Player of the Year has to account for something here. Durant just dominated college basketball. Carmelo did not...
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Both players had awesome freshman seasons. Durant was surrounded by mostly freshmen and an incompetent coach. Carmelo got to play in the godliest zone defense. That's a lot of the reason Syracuse won the championship that year along with Carmelo's excellent scoring.

Like the posters above me, I think Durant was the better player but Melo obviously had the better season with the championship and mvp's.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo had a veteran cast? Where in Denver or Syracuse? If you say Syracuse please reveal the veteran cast for the board please.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #19
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

warrick and macnamara were studs in college... especially warrick.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

Warrick was a sophmore and Gerry was a freshman.

Keep trying. You nmed 2 starters tho. So kudos. Give me more.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

McNamara was a freshman just like Melo and Warrick was a sophomore, they weren't veterens.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #22
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

did you see how augustine played in the tourny? meanwhile macnamara was dropping clutch bombs left and right. and dont get started on warrick. dude was twice as good as anyone at texas not named durant.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
did you see how augustine played in the tourny? meanwhile macnamara was dropping clutch bombs left and right. and dont get started on warrick. dude was twice as good as anyone at texas not named durant.

And again i ask who was the "veteran cast" around Carmelo. You still cant answer it. So why continue to reply kid? Why?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #24
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

when did i ever say he had a veteran cast? i didnt. and who cares anyways. syracuse flatout had a better team than texas.

anthony johnson is a veteran.. does that make him more valuable than wade? no. use your head gobb. aint you from philly? act like it. you act like youre from new york sometimes.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #25
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Calling it a veteran cast was obviously a mistake. Though I think Carmelo was certainly on Durant's level, he did have a better supporting cast on both sides of the ball. UT's defensive effort against USC was piss poor, and no one besides Durant or Abrams could put the ball in the basket.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

To answer the topic, no i dont think Durant had a better freshman season than Carmelo. Melo dominated, produced, impacted and accomplished more. And while some may claim he had a better team/supporting cast, better head coach...it may be true but the margin isnt wide enough to use as support for why Durant had the better freshman season. Afterall, Melo was a freshman that led that team. No one else did. Team was just as young and inexperienced as Texas was. Melo had better handles and could go downlow and get his buckets whereas Drant was often forced to be a perimeter player either due his inability to break his man down and drive or him falling in love with the jumper.

Quote:
when did i ever say he had a veteran cast? i didnt.

But you made a comment to my post asking who were the veterans dumbass. Wow you really arent too bright are you? Even wang replied the same way at the same time because you reply was directed to me. Do me a favor and reprt me again for making you look like a fool.

Quote:
and who cares anyways

I care since it was said genius.

Quote:
syracuse flatout had a better team than texas

How much better? I'm not even implying they didnt or did. I just want you to reveal, support and defend your comments. I wanna see if you can do it. Because i honestly dont believe for one second you saw much of the team. Let alone followed them.

Quote:
anthony johnson is a veteran.. does that make him more valuable than wade? no. use your head gobb. aint you from philly? act like it. you act like youre from new york sometimes.

What are you mumbling about? First team all Dumbass at guard Dizzle.

Last edited by GOBB : 03-30-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #27
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Kueth Duany - senior
Jeremy McNeil - junior
Josh Pace - junior (I think)
Billy Edelin - not sure what year
Craig Forth - junior (maybe?)

I call that a veteran cast in the rotation.

Thanks.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #28
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Pace & Forth were sophs, Edelin was a freshman. So one senior & junior in the rotation, hardly a veteran cast dude.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #29
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Pace & Forth were sophs, Edelin was a freshman. So one senior & junior in the rotation, hardly a veteran cast dude.
Helluva lot more "veteran" than Texas.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Kueth Duany - senior
Jeremy McNeil - junior
Josh Pace - junior (I think)
Billy Edelin - not sure what year
Craig Forth - junior (maybe?)

I call that a veteran cast in the rotation.

Thanks.

Billy was a freshman. 23mpg
Jerry Mcneil was a junior. 18mpg
Craig Forth was a sophmore. 17mpg
Josh Pacer was a sophmore. 15mpg

Yeah man veteran cast there.

Duany was the lone senior. Starting 5 consisted of 2 freshman, 2 sophmore and a senior. 6th man was a freshman for the most part.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: