Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #16
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ESPN' Jemele Hill responds to the backlash from her article...

she's still spouting the same hyperbole. "kobe is the only player in the league remotely interested in playing defense" what the hell is that? clyde drexler was a poor shooter and a bad ballhandler? todays suns, spurs, and mavs are all better than the 92 blazers, 93 suns or the 96 sonics? how could she possibly know that? anybody could make those bs claims about any player or any team but that wouldn't make them true. we still have to take her word for all of it. just a bad, overstated writing style. i'd like to see an interview where she was able to express herself outloud. maybe it'd make more sense if someone was questioning her.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I didnt know that, it said sharone wright, I dont about you but that sounds like a girl to me, unless you have friends named sharone(Id be scared run away, run far, far, away).

(Just messing man)
wtf dude are u stupid, it said Sharone Wright was an nba draft pick in that email
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #18
Revelation
The Fouler

Revelation has decent reputation

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is a very good article comparing Jordan & Kobe:

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/features/ltf_070330.html

Someone please post it as a main topic if it has not been posted yet.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #19
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by plupiter
I can't read it all, but how can she say Kobe was a better defender, or that playing alongside Pippen boosted Jordan's defensive stats? It just doesn't make sense, unless she didn't see Jordan in the late 80's.

Yeah, Pippen helped Jordan's defensive stats -- that's why MJ averaged 2.9 steals/1.5 blocks the year before Pippen arrived, and 2.4 steals/.8 blks his rookie year, and better than 2 stl/1 blk in every postseason series prior to Pippen (2.8 stl/1.0 blk in '85, 2.3 stl/1.0 blk in '86, and 2.0 stl/2.3 blk in '87). The woman has no clue. Of course it helped Jordan to have another all-world defender there to cover for him, but that goes both ways. The facts of Jordan's pre-Pippen production speak against her "point."

That Kamla article just posted is good.

Last edited by Loki : 03-30-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #20
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Jemele - don't bother, she has no clue.
Kamla - BS article. On point with Mike vs Kobe but very much off point on everything else.

What's up with the writers today?
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #21
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is a very good article comparing Jordan & Kobe:

Why doesn't he also list the things Bron and Wade need to accomplish to get on KB24's level? What a *****
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I noticed how she didn't respond or quote me . I tried to approach this resopnse article with an open mind of how she would explain herself, but really lost all hope when she said the following: "he's [Kobe] the only player in the league even remotely interested in being a good defender..." I'm not even going to waste the time to rip this one appart (I ripped the first one here on page 5 and sent it to her). I thought the better player would be the one who perfromed better on the court, and did things on the court better than the other guy. I guess you can't cure stupid.

Last edited by Showtime : 03-30-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #23
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Sam Smith wrote another article on Kobe vs Jordan.
Again, people are cluless.

People on this board could write much better articles than half of those writers.

Obviously not people like Knoe and AAP but open minded people like say DeJordan and Showtime.

Anyway, Smith's article is puire BS.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #24
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation

The media is so damm predictable. Oh look at that writer she wrote an ill founded stupid article about kobe bryant being better then kichael jordan and look athe the publicity and hits it generated. I want that kind of attention. the nba.com bosses like yea we need some more hits. The writer thinks ok i will do the same thing and just claim the opposite of what this broad wrote and make stupid ill founded claims which have no actual evidence or basis in reality at all. Much like he stupid kobe better then mj article. Now I can e famous and get hate mail.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #25
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Seriously, how is this girl even working for espn? Her stuff is so full of holes. I just LOVE how she straight out acts like Smush Parker ist he best player Kobe has played with since Shaq left. Um... Lamar? Caron?

I mean seriously. I cannot she can write **** like that and have it be on ESPN.com, this sounds like a pesonal blog or some small time newspaper article.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #26
plupiter
Kids at the park dunk on me

plupiter has no real reputation yet.

Kerr's got some analysis of MJ vs Kobe in his "Mailbag" on Yahoo. Two things he highlights Kobe being better at are shooting and dribbling. There was a mini debate about MJ's handle last week, so it's interesting that's something that Kerr pointed out as well. Although he doesn't say MJ's handle wasn't great (as I did).
plupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #27
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

Jemele Hill is an idiot and only posted responses to make fan's seem irrational. "kobe is a better defender" ok has anyone been watching his 50 point games he takes off on the defensive end to save energy for his offensive fury. kobe is a GOOD defender and he is one of the few people who could even be compared to jordan on that end but he isn't better jordan had 9 all-defensive teams and a dpoy award kobe has 4 defensive teams and 0 dpoy. gee who would you rather have to help defense pippen or a big ass 350 pound man in the middle of the paint? kobe had shaq a point she totally negates she acts like shaq never existed yet pippen somehow made jordan awesome. she is just dumb
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #28
Who'sKobe
Decent playground baller

Who'sKobe has an OK reputation so far

"Kobe certainly has his defenders, but it is amazing how many people were more than willing to use Kobe's personal life as ammunition in a Jordan-Kobe basketball debate. People are aware of Jordan's personal lapses, but there is a state of denial there that is just startling."

True, true.
Who'sKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 AM   #29
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plupiter
Two things on the Sharone Wright thing, first he played against Jordan in his mid-thirties, which makes it meaningless. Second, that blurb has been in other articles, so there's a very good chance it was a forgery by some fan.

it probably was a fan who wouldn't be suprised this idiot doesn't verify her sources? i'm not hating on her because im a jordan fan or because im a kobe ***** or because i think women are dumb or whatever. she is a really bad journalist who just makes flat out claims without any proof then when she receives backlash from people who are obviously intelligent enough to check stats to prove her wrong and challange her on the claim that vince carter is some stop defender she backpedals and posts e-mails making fans look like they only hate kobe over a rape case which i never cared about to begin with and im sure half the posters on here didn't either. its just pisses me off she is trying to get famous by bad journalism. "oh im going to be the next stephen a. smith" "lets see what i can piss people off with oh kobe is better than jordan"
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #30
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
The media is so damm predictable. Oh look at that writer she wrote an ill founded stupid article about kobe bryant being better then kichael jordan and look athe the publicity and hits it generated. I want that kind of attention. the nba.com bosses like yea we need some more hits. The writer thinks ok i will do the same thing and just claim the opposite of what this broad wrote and make stupid ill founded claims which have no actual evidence or basis in reality at all. Much like he stupid kobe better then mj article. Now I can e famous and get hate mail.

Rick Kamla is one of the better people NBA employs, and if you watch the NBA Fantasy hoops that he hosts, you'll know that he has his own independent brain and writes what he likes. Plus he's a TWolves fan so he doesn't have much bias either way.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: