Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default How Good Can Chris Bosh Be?Superstar?MVP?HOF?

He's the Toronto Raptors rising star. But how great can Chris Bosh really become. At the age of 23 Chris Bosh is averaging 22.4ppg 10.5rpg and has proven he is an All star in this league. Whats next? Can he become as dominant as a Kevin Garnett who averaged 20.8ppg 10.4rpg in his 4th season. Can he bring the Raptors to number 1 in the Eastern Conference and win an MVP? Will he be considered one of the greatest big men of all time? No one can tell the future, but I just wanna know what other people believe this franchise player is capable of becoming. Discuss your own thoughts on Chris Bosh's present and future success.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
tmacman
Good High School Starter

Default Re: How Good Can Chris Bosh Be?Superstar?MVP?HOF?

1 MVP
An all-star from the day he retires
Hall of Fame
Retires
and then gets surgery on his neck
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
Top_Of_Tha_World

He really is a raptor. But honestly this kid is gonna be huge and I couldnt be happier with what we got in that draft cuz god knows weve ****ed ourselves in other drafts.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I love Chris Bosh game...has a nice outside/inside game. I'd like to see him be a better scorer. Avg 26-28ppg. I'd like to see him be a better defender...and i mean on a level where he gets DPOY consideration. And last a better playmaker...with him being a better scorer he teams will focus on him even more than they do now and in turn he should be able to hit some guys for easy assists. Avg about 2.5, should be close to 4.

26ppg 12-13rpg 4apg 2.5bpg

Bosh needs to get to that level and with a good GM, better HC which in turn will have Bosh not only surrounded by good players but directed by a good coach...I like the potential of him nearing those numbers and most importantly IMPACT. An area i feel Bosh doesnt have much of. Impact. Few improvements individually and team wise he can potentially get there. No gurantee so it might not happen but I like Chris Bosh game enough to think/hope it will considering the talent/skillz he has. Fan fav indeed.

Sidenote: How clutch is Bosh offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter especially with 2mins remaining (OT as well)? Raps fans should know more than me about that. Guys like Kobe, Bron, Wade, Melo are clutch, killer instinct can turn it on and make the big plays when the team needs it and/or to change momentum/kill teams comebacks.

Last edited by GOBB : 03-30-2007 at 07:20 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
Top_Of_Tha_World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I love Chris Bosh game...has a nice outside/inside game. I'd like to see him be a better scorer. Avg 26-28ppg. I'd like to see him be a better defender...and i mean on a level where he gets DPOY consideration. And last a better playmaker...with him being a better scorer he teams will focus on him even more than they do now and in turn he should be able to hit some guys for easy assists. Avg about 2.5, should be close to 4.

Bosh needs to get to that level and with a good GM, better HC which in turn will have Bosh not only surrounded by good players but directed by a good coach...I like the potential of him nearing those numbers and most importantly IMPACT. An area i feel Bosh doesnt have much of. Impact. Few improvements individually and team wise he can potentially get there. No gurantee so it might not happen but I like Chris Bosh game enough to think/hope it will considering the talent/skillz he has. Fan fav indeed.

Sidenote: How clutch is Bosh offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter especially with 2mins remaining (OT as well)? Raps fans should know more than me about that. Guys like Kobe, Bron, Wade, Melo are clutch, killer instinct can turn it on and make the big plays when the team needs it and/or to change momentum/kill teams comebacks.

Well we got the good Gm part down pact. And yeah Chris Bosh is pretty clutch from what weve seen. Mitch should do a better job of getting it in his hands though.

We also play a very unselfish style of game that sumtimes can hurt us. Instead of Bosh takin it inside he'll dish it out and we'll just settle for a 3pt shot open or not.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World

He really is a raptor. But honestly this kid is gonna be huge and I couldnt be happier with what we got in that draft cuz god knows weve ****ed ourselves in other drafts.

We've done a pretty good job in drafting IMO. The only really big f*ck up was Araujo.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
Top_Of_Tha_World

and graham
Old 03-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
and graham
Graham was picked based on potential, so I wouldn't really say it was a terrible choice. He was a very good player in college.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
Top_Of_Tha_World

True, But they did think he would of have been more productive by now(minus the game hes playin right now).
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

damn expectations a lil too high?? those are MVP #'s rite there.....i see 24.5ppg 10-11rpg 4apg 1.8blk to keep it more honest....i really want to see those assists higher with their depth of shooters/players
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 PM   #11
brwnman

Bosh's assist numbers aren't really indicative of his playmaking abilities... in the sense... he is usually the one that kicks out of a double team, and then the swing the ball around to the other side, where Bosh himself doesn't get the assist but he is the one that initiated that play...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #12
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

I can see Bosh being an all star his whole career...He has it all, class, leadership , skill ,rebounding ,defense ect..I can also see him developing a pretty nice 3 point shot in the future..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #13
sydneyking
Banned

It's way too early to predict but I'll do it anyway:

- 50% chance of getting into the Hall one day - if he stays healthy he won't miss the all-star game for a long time. Winning playoff games is another story.
- almost 0% chance of winning MVP. He's nice but I just don't see him ever having a better season than LeBron for example.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

HOF, i'm not too sure of that.
MVP, will depend on team success. If the team ever tops or finishes in the top 2 in the east, then he's got a good shot. Putting up numbers alone isn't gonna help his cause.
Superstar, that'll depend on what he does in the playoffs, but he definitely has the possibility to do well.
All-star, most likely will be an all-star for many years.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM   #15
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
damn expectations a lil too high?? those are MVP #'s rite there.....i see 24.5ppg 10-11rpg 4apg 1.8blk to keep it more honest....i really want to see those assists higher with their depth of shooters/players

This year - 22.4PPG,10.5RPG,2.4APG,1.4BPG

So, hes 23, but you think that only numbers he will significantly improve in is assists?
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: