Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #16
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How Good Can Chris Bosh Be?Superstar?MVP?HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
This year - 22.4PPG,10.5RPG,2.4APG,1.4BPG

So, hes 23, but you think that only numbers he will significantly improve in is assists?
i really dont see his numbers improving drastically (hopefully they can) and the assists are what i hope he gets, he's going to mature as a leader but i dont see his numbers being that high if he's always going to have a strong supporting cast
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #17
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
i really dont see his numbers improving drastically (hopefully they can) and the assists are what i hope he gets, he's going to mature as a leader but i dont see his numbers being that high if he's always going to have a strong supporting cast

C'mon man, hes not even in his prime yet, how can you say you don't see him improving to about 27 points and 12 rebounds at least.

He'll be the next Garnett with better scoring abilities and less passing ability.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is no slight on Bosh but I can see him being eclipsed by Bargnani. He'll be a superstar no doubt for long time, but this team may belong to Bargs in about 3 years.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #19
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
C'mon man, hes not even in his prime yet, how can you say you don't see him improving to about 27 points and 12 rebounds at least.

He'll be the next Garnett with better scoring abilities and less passing ability.
I see it like this....in his prime and last years team he'd average 30 easily...but now we have a good GM who will always surround CB4 with good players and we already have core guys who will score a bunch, so while CB4 continues to get better his numbers wont go up that much... look at KG he is on a bad team and he still have only been averaging only 23 points the past few years.... CB4 24/25 PPG, Bargnani 20/21 PPG, TJ Ford 15/16 PPG, Dixon 12/13 PPG (and yes i see Dixon being a solid contributer in the future) is what i predict...there's jus not enough points to go around for Bosh to average 27/28 PPG, but i could see him avg. 11/12 REBS and 4/5 AST
Old 03-31-2007, 12:08 AM   #20
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
This is no slight on Bosh but I can see him being eclipsed by Bargnani. He'll be a superstar no doubt for long time, but this team may belong to Bargs in about 3 years.
Bargs could eclipse Bosh in scoring but will never take over his leadership abilities, rebounding and defense....maybe Bargs actually scores 25 PPG, but Bosh will always have a better all around game...that's the reason i think they can co-exist is because they always check their ego's at the door and they both have very different games so they can take on different tasks...like Bargs might score 30 in game but in the same game Bosh can also have 15/15/5...it's kinda like a Kidd/Carter relationship where Carter does alot of the scoring but Kidd does everything else
Old 03-31-2007, 12:18 AM   #21
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking
It's way too early to predict but I'll do it anyway:

- 50% chance of getting into the Hall one day - if he stays healthy he won't miss the all-star game for a long time. Winning playoff games is another story.
- almost 0% chance of winning MVP. He's nice but I just don't see him ever having a better season than LeBron for example.

I have to agree with this statement completely. Not only with the talent that already exists, but with the talent that will be entering the league in the years to come. Durant and Oden may have a case to be in this category alone, not to mention the super talents in HS right now.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 AM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't see Bargnani ever being as good as Bosh will likely be for the next few years. Bargnani will be a good Mehmet Okur-like sidekick.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:32 AM   #23
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I can't see Bargnani ever being as good as Bosh will likely be for the next few years. Bargnani will be a good Mehmet Okur-like sidekick.

Bargnani at 22 yrs.old would be a good 18-20 PPG in the nexts few years, I do not see him IMO to Eclipse Chris Bosh.

Chris Bosh is destine to be an MVP like his idol the 6-11 1/4 Kevin Garnett.

Off topic:

By the way according to Andrea Bargnani pre draft Measurement last year he is 6-10 barefeet and 6-11 in shoes. In 2003 at the age of 19 Bosh is 6-10 1/4. He is slightly taller than Andrea Bargnani.

6-10 1/4 Bosh and Dwight Howard at 6-9

Last edited by Baller1986 : 03-31-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 AM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bargnani is 7'0 and 250 lbs. NBA.com has that listed and even after the draft the Raptors management confirmed that those were the correct measurements.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:57 AM   #25
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Bargnani is 7'0 and 250 lbs. NBA.com has that listed and even after the draft the Raptors management confirmed that those were the correct measurements.

He was listed at 6-10 in ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...e?statsId=4129

I think he is officially measured at 6-10 barefeet and 6-11 in shoes rounded up to 7 footer to give the Dirk Nowirtski effect whom IMO i recall is measured at 6-10 in 1998.

Here is the link

NBA Pre Draft Measurement

http://www.insidehoops.com/chicago-c...urements.shtml

http://www.nbadraft.net/2002predraftmeasurements.htm

Amare Stoudamire- 6-8 1/2
Caron Butler- 6-5 1/4
Rasual Butler 6-6 3/4
Mike Dunleavy 6-8
Drew Gooden 6-8 3/4
Carloz Boozer- 6 ft 7 3/4
Yao Ming - 7' 5
Smush Parker- 6 ft 2 1/2
Lenny Cooke- 6' 5 1/4

http://collegebasketballnews.scout.com/2/115362.html

2003 NBA Pre Draft Measurement

Carmelo Anthony- 6 ft 6 1/4
Dwayne Wade- 6 ft 3 3/4
Darko Millicic- 6 ft 11 1/2
Jameer Nelson- 5-11
Chris Bosh- 6-10 1/4
Josh Howard- 6 ft 5 1/2
Marquis Daniels- 6-5 1/4
Luke Ridnour 6-1
TJ Ford- 5 ft 11
Lebron James- 6 - 7 1/4
Pavel Pavkazine- 7-3
Maurice " Mo" Williams- 6-0 3/4
Kirk Hinrich- 6-2 3/4

http://www.thehrr.com/nba/draft2000/chicago2.PDF

Here is the 2000 NBA Pre Draft Measurement

Jamal Crawford- 6-4 1/2
Eddie House- 5-11 3/4
Jameel Watkins- 6-9 1/2 ( former PBA Import)
Michael Redd- 6-4 3/4
Chris Porter- 6-5 1/2
Mark Madsen - 6-8
Mark Jaric- 6-6 1/2
Eduardo Najera- 6- 6 1/2

http://people.cornell.edu/pages/mgw3/myNBA/ScottM.html

1998 NBA Pre Draft

Dirk Nowitski- 6-10
Vince Carter- 6-5
Antawn Jamison- 6-7 3/4
Larry Hughes- 6-4
Paul Pierce - 6-6
Ricky Davis- 6-5

By the way here are some pre-draft measurements from 2001.

Tyson Chander 7'0 1/2 with shoes, 6'11 1/2 barefoot 18 years old

Eddy Curry 6'11 3/4 with shoes, 6'10 1/2 barefoot 18 years old

Kwame Brown 6'11 1/2 with shoes, 6'10 barefoot 18 years old

Jason Richardson 6'5 3/4 with shoes, 6'4 3/4 barefoot

Joe Johnson 6'8 1/2 with shoes, 6'6 3/4 barefoot

Richard Jefferson 6'8 1/2 with shoes, 6'7 1/4 barefoot

Gilbert Arenas 6'3 1/4 with shoes, 6'2 1/2 barefoot

Shane Battier 6'9 1/2 with shoes, 6'8 1/4 barefoot
Old 03-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I think they just had the wrong #'s since they also had his weight only at 225 when the Raptors staff were stating that it was 250. Yahoo still has these old stats up as well.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:02 AM   #27
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
I think they just had the wrong #'s since they also had his weight only at 225 when the Raptors staff were stating that it was 250. Yahoo still has these old stats up as well.

I try to google some pics of Bargnani with the 6-10 1/4 Chris Bosh and we can compare their Height Difference.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #28
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Here are the 3 pictures that say that Chris Bosh 6-10 1/4 is taller than Andrea Bargnani who is struggling at 6-10 ( Looks 6- 9 3/4 to me or less than 6-10).

Chris Bosh is taller than Andrea Bargnani ( 6-9)

Old 03-31-2007, 03:15 AM   #29
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Rookie Average of Dirk Nowitski, Andrea Bargnani and Chris Bosh

1. Dirk Nowitski

1998-99 NBA SEASON

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF
98-99 DAL 47 24 20.4 .405 .206 .773 0.9 2.6 3.4 1.0 0.6 0.6 1.55 2.20 8.2 PPG

2. Chris Bosh

2003-04 Toronto 75 33.5 0.8 1.4 7.4 1.0 11.5 PPG

3. Andrea Bargnani

PPG 11.5 RPG 3.90 APG 0.8 EFF + 9.92 25 MInutes Per Game
Old 03-31-2007, 03:33 AM   #30
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
Chris Bosh is taller than Andrea Bargnani ( 6-9)

Wrong, Chris Bosh has a longer neck than Bargs :)

BTW, if you guys don't think that Bosh has hit his prime yet, does anybody think Yao hasn't as well?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: