Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2007, 03:38 AM   #31
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: How Good Can Chris Bosh Be?Superstar?MVP?HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Wrong, Chris Bosh has a longer neck than Bargs :)

BTW, if you guys don't think that Bosh has hit his prime yet, does anybody think Yao hasn't as well?
If you're trying to say that there's a double standard, there isn't. Yao hasn't hit his prime either.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 AM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
damn expectations a lil too high?? those are MVP #'s rite there.....i see 24.5ppg 10-11rpg 4apg 1.8blk to keep it more honest....i really want to see those assists higher with their depth of shooters/players

Of course...i set the bar at its limit, cant see Bosh exceeding that. But lets analyze your expectations.

1.5ppg less 2rbs less 0.7blks less

How can me expectations be considered a lil too high and yours are not?

But anyway...my numbers are based on his talent/skills and age. I think he has time to improve so we'll see. He's already putting up nice numbers now. Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Bosh's assist numbers aren't really indicative of his playmaking abilities... in the sense... he is usually the one that kicks out of a double team, and then the swing the ball around to the other side, where Bosh himself doesn't get the assist but he is the one that initiated that play...

Then he needs to kick it out to the open man. Or when you get a new HC plays are designed where whomever is getting doubled off is either open for a shot or slashing to the hole. Ast avg needs to go up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 AM   #33
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

IMO, he's a high-end second tier player.

Power Forwards
Tier 1: Dirk, KG, Amare, Duncan
Tier 2: Bosh, Elton Brand, Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal, Dwight Howard, Zach Randolph (tier 2.5)

Note that besides the tiers, none of the tier listings should be considered "in order".

Last edited by reppy : 03-31-2007 at 06:04 AM.
reppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:09 AM   #34
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

Power Forwards
Tier 2: Bosh, Elton Brand, Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal, Dwight Howard, Zach Randolph (tier 2.5)

Note that besides the tiers, none of the tier listings should be considered "in order".
Brand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Randolph

Randolph is tier 3 anyway. Just like Boozer. Brand is as good as Amare is anyway. Much better defender.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Brand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Randolph

Randolph is tier 3 anyway. Just like Boozer. Brand is as good as Amare is anyway. Much better defender.

Brand is better over all but .. I don't know.. something about him.. he just doesn't seem to want the ball when the game is on the line or something. Randolph might be a chucker, but he also wants to take the last shot. And he's pretty damn clutch, too. His defense sucks, though. His passing, while it's not going to win him any praises, has improved a lot.

Earlier in the season, I would have put Amare on the second tier. Maybe he still is. But over the past couple months, he has impressed and scared me.
reppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 AM   #36
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hear from a lot of commentators that Bosh is really 7' tall. Maybe with shoes or without shoes, but when he plays, he's 7'.

That would put Bargnani close to 7' as well.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #37
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Of course...i set the bar at its limit, cant see Bosh exceeding that. But lets analyze your expectations.

How can me expectations be considered a lil too high and yours are not?

But anyway...my numbers are based on his talent/skills and age. I think he has time to improve so we'll see. He's already putting up nice numbers now. Eh

Then he needs to kick it out to the open man. Or when you get a new HC plays are designed where whomever is getting doubled off is either open for a shot or slashing to the hole. Ast avg needs to go up.

Usually the open man when Bosh is doubled is on the weak side. Bosh usually is doubled while posting up so he can't see them. Usually Bosh will have to kick it out and then the other players will have to swing it to that weak side player for the open shot. I like the idea of cutter, options, etc but I'm no head coach and it would probably cause spacing issues.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 AM   #38
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

nothing
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #39
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
theres a big difference between our numbers like approx. 120 PTS 160 REBS and 60 BLKS Total (if he plays a whole season)
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:19 AM   #40
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bosh prime: 25 ppg, 13 rpg, 3 apg, 2 bpg that's my guess

Bargnani prime: 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg, 3 bpg that's my guess
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #41
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Bargnani prime: 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg, 3 bpg that's my guess
IMO Rebs and Blks a lil too high, considering he's going to be playin with Bosh for his career
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #42
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he's just at good if not better at blocking shots then Bosh. And since in the future, if they are together they will each be playing 40 mpg at startign big men spots. So since team average around 40 a game (right?) I don't think it's out of this world to think your starting bigs will grab 23 of those 40.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #43
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I'd guess 24 & 10.5-11 or bosh in his prime, and 23 & 8-9 for bargss.

BC will try to get a good SG that can put points on the board, so those two won't have to score 26 and 25 or something.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:31 AM   #44
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I can't believe you guys don't think Bosh will get more than 11 rpg.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #45
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

Power Forwards

I like Bosh, but not totally sold. Aren't they 5 games over .500?

Anyway, my main issue is with that list. When Bosh plays everyone on that list maybe with the exception of Dwight or Elton, he gets shown up, and it's quite obvious he's not the player they are. Their record against top teams falls in line with that argument too.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: