Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2007, 01:46 AM   #16
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Mvp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by number23
Dirk wins. At this pace Kobe will be retiring with a grand total of 0.

THE MVP award is tainted since the year 2000.

Guys Like TIM DUNCan and Steve Nash should not be multiple time winners.

In this case Steve Nash who cannot even average at least 20 PPG this Season, take him away from the Phoenix Suns Team and The Suns are still a contender in the West.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:51 AM   #17
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986

In this case Steve Nash who cannot even average at least 20 PPG this Season, take him away from the Phoenix Suns Team and The Suns are still a contender in the West.

And please explain to me why the man leading the winningest team in all of sports to 3 titles, who is widley considered the greatest PF ever, and sometimes even cracks the Top-10 all-time list, shouldn't win an MVP.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 AM   #18
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I respect his 1st MVP In 2001-02 Season but in 2002-03 my boy Jason Kidd Should have won that Award. He turn the New Jersey Nets into a Franchise Contender and even leading them to the NBA FINALS.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

HoustonRockets87 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

yeah i mean nash isn't that great on offense.... he only shoots 53.3% from the field and like 47.3% from behind the arc... and i mean he only averages 11.5 assists per game...
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #20
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I respect his 1st MVP In 2001 but in 2002 my boy Jason Kidd Should have won that Award. He turn the New Jersey Nets into a Franchise Contender and even leading them to the NBA FINALS.

But again it comes down to whose team is doing better at the time of voting.

In my opinion they should wait until after the playoffs and consider those a small amount. Not weighting it, but mabey answering a few questions that sometimes are left openended after the season's done.

Or mabey I just biased because Duncan would win that....... a lot.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 AM   #21
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRockets87
yeah i mean nash isn't that great on offense.... he only shoots 53.3% from the field and like 47.3% from behind the arc... and i mean he only averages 11.5 assists per game...

Nash is so overrated compare his stats with the Best Point Guard in the NBA History name John Stockton and you can see John has been doing that for most of his career.

John Stockton is Greater than Steve Nash.

That is called making your teammates better John Stockton Help Karl Malone with his assists to be the 2nd all time NBA Leading Scorer.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 AM   #22
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
I respect his 1st MVP In 2001-02 Season but in 2002-03 my boy Jason Kidd Should have won that Award. He turn the New Jersey Nets into a Franchise Contender and even leading them to the NBA FINALS.
they benefited from being in a ****ty eastern conference. the spurs would've ****ted on everyone in the east.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #23
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
Nash is so overrated compare his stats with the Best Point Guard in the NBA History name John Stockton and you can see John has been doing that for most of his career.

That is called making your teammates better John Stockton Help Karl Malone with his assists to be the 2nd all time NBA Leading Scorer.
so i guess if your not the "best point guard in nba history (aka magic johnson), you are not worthy of winning the mvp.... kobe shouldn't win mvp just because I mean Jordan was the best shooting guard ever.... Dirk shouldn't win because Larry Bird was better then him...
also last time i checked stockton's retired, so i don't think he deserved the mvp award the last 2 years.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #24
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

John Stockton can play defense that is why he is in the no.1 Steals Leader in NBA History. Nash cannot even play Defense and all i see is Guys Like MOnta Ellis Breaking his Ankle.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCHwacqrt8
Old 03-31-2007, 02:03 AM   #25
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:

John Stocktan?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
Uhhhhhh........................................... ...............................................
Wasn't Magic a point?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:03 AM   #26
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
John Stockton can play defense that is why he is in the no.1 Steals Leader in NBA History. Nash cannot even play Defense and all i see is Guys Like MOnta Ellis Breaking his Ankle.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCHwacqrt8
what the hell is the point of comparing him with stockton? last time i checked stockton's retired.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:04 AM   #27
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
so i guess if your not the "best point guard in nba history (aka magic johnson), you are not worthy of winning the mvp.... kobe shouldn't win mvp just because I mean Jordan was the best shooting guard ever.... Dirk shouldn't win because Larry Bird was better then him...
also last time i checked stockton's retired, so i don't think he deserved the mvp award the last 2 years.

The Argument here brother is that guys like Timmy Duncan and Steve Nash should not be multiple MVP Winners.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:06 AM   #28
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
The Argument here brother is that guys like Timmy Duncan and Steve Nash should not be multiple MVP Winners.
why not? the only case you've made is that nash doesn't deserve it cause he's not a great defender and because he isnt as good as stockton.

duncan deserved it. how many rings does he have?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #29
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Please, tell me what was the record before Nash was on the Suns, when Amare and Marion were there?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:10 AM   #30
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
why not? the only case you've made is that nash doesn't deserve it cause he's not a great defender and because he isnt as good as stockton.

duncan deserved it. how many rings does he have?

He does not deserve his 2nd REGULAR SEASON MVP, Ok TIm Duncan has 3 NBA Championship rings but what i have state here is that in the 2002-03 Season, Jason Kidd Should have won the Award ( ala Steve Nash did in the 2004-05 Season). Because Jason Kidd took the New Jersey Nets in the Finals.

If so be it Shaquille O'Neal must be a 3 time MVP because he is one of the most dominant Center in his era.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: