Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2007, 02:12 AM   #31
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Default Re: Mvp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Please, tell me what was the record before Nash was on the Suns, when Amare and Marion were there?
ill tell you. there were a fantastic 29-53. Nash gave them an extra 33 wins the next season which gave him the mvp award. then last year, without amare, he still managed to get them 54 wins.
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:13 AM   #32
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRockets87
why not? the only case you've made is that nash doesn't deserve it cause he's not a great defender and because he isnt as good as stockton.

duncan deserved it. how many rings does he have?

They make it in the Play offs although they are 8th Seeded at that time 2003 NBA Playoffs. But in a few years they can still be contender. Nash has turn around the Phoenix Suns Franchise . He deserve to be MVP in his 1st year but in his 2nd tour of duty Lebron James and Kobe Bryant IMO, should have won the Maurice Podoloff Trophy ( 2006 NBA Regular Season MVP).
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:14 AM   #33
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Please, tell me what was the record before Nash was on the Suns, when Amare and Marion were there?

While your answering questions, tell many how many championships the Spurs had before Duncan arrived.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:18 AM   #34
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
While your answering questions, tell many how many championships the Spurs had before Duncan arrived.

Oh my God the Answer is FAT O, But IMO although Duncan leadership is quite impressive his career stats does not impress me.

Look when is the last time he averages at least 25 plus PPG. He is not even in the top 10 in PPG and He kind of have a sudden down hill in his stats since he won his 2nd MVP in the 2002-03 NBA Season.

What Tim Duncan lacks is consistency in his 10 yr. NBA Career
Old 03-31-2007, 02:21 AM   #35
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
He does not deserve his 2nd REGULAR SEASON MVP, Ok TIm Duncan has 3 NBA Championship rings but what i have state here is that in the 2002-03 Season, Jason Kidd Should have won the Award ( ala Steve Nash did in the 2004-05 Season). Because Jason Kidd took the New Jersey Nets in the Finals.

If so be it Shaquille O'Neal must be a 3 time MVP because he is one of the most dominant Center in his era.
let's see the spurs were 58-24. Duncan averaged 25.5 points, 12.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 2.5 blocks per game. He even shot almost 80% (79.9%) from the line. Remember this is a regular season award. Kidd dropped 19.6 a game and averages 9.1 assists, and 8 boards per game. He shot just 41.5% from the field and 18% from behind the arc. The nets were 52-30.

I'd give it to td because he was in a better division and had more wins then jk. he always had a huge year scoring and rebounding. kidd's stats are great but 52 wins in that terrible eastern conference isn't that good.

The next year timmy's team won 60 games, won the title, and he put up 23, 13, and 3 (blocks) per game. He deserved it.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:23 AM   #36
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Quote:
They make it in the Play offs although they are 8th Seeded at that time 2003 NBA Playoffs. But in a few years they can still be contender. Nash has turn around the Phoenix Suns Franchise . He deserve to be MVP in his 1st year but in his 2nd tour of duty Lebron James and Kobe Bryant IMO, should have won the Maurice Podoloff Trophy ( 2006 NBA Regular Season MVP).

Last year, Kobe and LeBron definitely got MVP consideration, but you have to factor in the huge potential the Amare-Nash-Marion combo had made in the year before, and the fact that Amare was out for the entire season, and almost nobody thought the Suns would even make the playoffs. That's the key thing that led to Nash's second MVP. For the Lakers, Phil Jackson was back with Kobe, and in Cleveland, Lebron was going to improve no matter what, along with Larry Hughes. So those two teams were already expected to be better, and the Suns were expected to be worse, but the very reverse happened, the Suns exceeded everybody's expectation and went to the WCF.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:26 AM   #37
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

Quote:
Oh my God the Answer is FAT O, But IMO although Duncan leadership is quite impressive his career stats does not impress me.

Look when is the last time he averages at least 25 plus PPG. He is not even in the top 10 in PPG and He kind of have a sudden down hill in his stats since he won his 2nd MVP in the 2002-03 NBA Season.

god o might..... stats aren't everything. he's the type of guy that doesn't need to score 30 a game.he has been consistent. consistent 20 and 10 throughout his career. 3 titles too. he's so inconsistent

* 9-time All-NBA:

* First Team: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
* Second Team: 2006

* 9-time All-Defensive:

* First Team: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005
* Second Team: 1998, 2004, 2006
Old 03-31-2007, 02:32 AM   #38
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

I will be back i will just eat some snacks be right back later.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:40 AM   #39
Shep
Decent college freshman

Quote:
The Argument here brother is that guys like Timmy Duncan and Steve Nash should not be multiple MVP Winners
steve nash shouldn't have ever been mvp. duncan should have 4 mvp awards
Quote:
He does not deserve his 2nd REGULAR SEASON MVP
tim duncan actually deserves 4 mvp awards, 1 for '99, 1 for '02, 1 for '03, and 1 for '06.
Quote:
Ok TIm Duncan has 3 NBA Championship rings but what i have state here is that in the 2002-03 Season, Jason Kidd Should have won the Award ( ala Steve Nash did in the 2004-05 Season). Because Jason Kidd took the New Jersey Nets in the Finals
lol..jason kidd wasn't top 6 mvp in '03. duncan, garnett, nowitzki, bryant, webber, and iverson were all more valuable. and using the fact that kidd took his team to the finals as an argument as to why he should've been mvp is redundant simply because the trophy is awarded for the regular season
Quote:
1st year but in his 2nd tour of duty Lebron James and Kobe Bryant IMO, should have won the Maurice Podoloff Trophy
no. tim duncan was most valuable last year
Quote:
But IMO although Duncan leadership is quite impressive his career stats does not impress me.
you're a ****ing retard. "stats does not impress me" try typing a coherent sentence you dumb ****
Quote:
dumb ****
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:47 AM   #40
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

I would not resort in name calling and using propane languages

Old 03-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #41
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmanmoomoo
I hate the fact that all 3 MVP candidates cannot play an ounce of defense.
They couldn't guard my 14 year old sisters second best friend and they considered MVP's...

Maybe the best offensive players, but is that how we want the game to be portrayed? Do we want kids seeing Kobe take 43 shots like today and have 2 assists? or Steve Nash throwing bullet no-lookers then getting his ankles crossed by Monta Ellis or an overweight Baron Davis???

Dirk should be MVP, at least he plays some D, more than most Europeans anyway.

kobe has made the all defesive team plenty of times, he is a lockdown defender when he puts his mind on it. i don't know about nash. but yes, Dirk should take it home this year.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:10 AM   #42
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Kobe plays 6 (4) more minutes per game than Duncan (Dirk) and takes 8 (5) more shots per game. If they wanted to they could average as many points as Kobe.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #43
Vendetta
Banned

Shaq was by far and away, nobody even close... the best, most impactful, first guy you'd start a team with, most important to his team, most important in general... most dominant player in the league for years. How many MVPs? 1.

That's proof that the award is a joke.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #44
wally_world
M0derator

Nash or Nowitski...

Kobe's created too many sins...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:35 AM   #45
Shep
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Shaq was by far and away, nobody even close... the best, most impactful, first guy you'd start a team with, most important to his team, most important in general... most dominant player in the league for years. How many MVPs? 1.

That's proof that the award is a joke.
how many mvp's do you think shaq should have? i'll tell you right now shaq should only have 2 mvp's for '00 and '01. no more.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: