Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Renaldo Balkman=David Lee?

No people, I am NOT comparing Renaldo Balkman's rookie statistics to David Lee's sophomore stats, that is just not fair. Rather, I was comparing David Lee's rookie stats to Balkman's, and I found them to be eerily similar, check this out:
David Lee
MPG- 16.9
PPG- 5.1
RPG- 4.1

Renaldo Balkman
MPG-14.9
PPG-4.5
RPG-4.0

That's is pretty similar, and a plus is that Renaldo averages .2 SPG and more then double BPG then Lee had in his rookie season. Is it possible that Balkman may just be better then Lee?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Renaldo Balkman=David Lee?

all i know is that balkman needs and should play more next year even when all the other injured players get healthy.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I'm so pleased with his performance that I picked him up on my Fantasy Team. Let's hope he goes crazy on the court.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
No people, I am NOT comparing Renaldo Balkman's rookie statistics to David Lee's sophomore stats, that is just not fair. Rather, I was comparing David Lee's rookie stats to Balkman's, and I found them to be eerily similar, check this out:
David Lee
MPG- 16.9
PPG- 5.1
RPG- 4.1

Renaldo Balkman
MPG-14.9
PPG-4.5
RPG-4.0

That's is pretty similar, and a plus is that Renaldo averages .2 SPG and more then double BPG then Lee had in his rookie season. Is it possible that Balkman may just be better then Lee?

i dont really think u need to compare their stats, but more compare what you see. its not like either of them really had good rookie stats, and not everyone who averages 5 pts and 4 boards a game in their rookie year turns into a good player. watching their games they show similarities as they are grind it out players who hustle, grab boards and can finish, and neither of them can shoot.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Whichever one that figures out how to shoot will be better.
Both are similar tho.
Balkman and Lee need more time together.
Some of our young players need more time and veterans take thier experience from them.

Balkman
Lee
Mardy.
Need more time.

Jared
Francis
Jamal/Quentin (One of them)
Have to go.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When Balkman gets good minutes, that's where the comparison should be at. Lee is a sure double-double. Balkman fills up a stat sheet. If he gets starter type minutes he usually gets at least one steal and a block.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Both need to learn how to shoot the short jumper. That keeps defenses from doubling down as much. Once they do that they will be stars.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

They do have very simular games and they are energetic players. Too much on the Red Wings if you ask me, but I think Balkman needs to Balk up and get angry. I'm talking about Ron Artest angry, Dennis Rodman angry! I want the whole league to fear him when they come to town or when he goes to their town. He already has the looks of a person who should be in jail, I mean would you like to be alone in a room with Renaldo Balkman? But he's too nice a guy. If he becomes an intimidating factor, we can win big. That's just my take on it.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Just to not open another thread, a word of appreciation for Collins too, his posture is great, let's just say i've never seen a guy shoot bricks with such consistency, but he kept playing and kept shooting like the ball was always going in, this shows he is strong mentally as opposed to Frye, and plus he is feeding Curry better then anybody else right now... can wait for his second season, where he comes balling from the start.

As for Balkman i already said in another thread, how crazy it will be if he steps up his game like Lee in his second season.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #10
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

They are very similiar, and its all a matter of who can develop their offensive game. They both are scrappy hard nosed players who clean up the boards, but have no offensive games. Whoever develops a shot first should play, and the other player will probably get moved.

As a side note I would have to go with David Lee, only because Balkman has to be the ugliest guy in the NBA
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman

As a side note I would have to go with David Lee, only because Balkman has to be the ugliest guy in the NBA

: : : : : : : :
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: